Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

On 15/02/2017 at 07:30, Sam3773 said:

Honestly it's almost like we need a Ranieri type. Someone who's been around a long time in management, managed at the highest levels and won't go into negative mode because it says Aston Villa above the door. 

[/IMHO] 

Well last week Sam, I have great news for you. A Ranieri type just became available... :ph34r:

• Like 1

There is no work in progress.

If we were a building project we would just be continually having sand, wood, nails, and other stuff delivered, and each day just having labourers throwing it all over the building plot, then  come in the next morning to see if the pile of stuff had turned into foundations overnight.

Which it wouldn't have, and to cap it all the site itself had sunk another couple of centimetres.

• Like 2

I've already said that I think a new manager would end up succumbing to the mental issues that afflict the club anyway but if we lose yet again tomorrow Bruce has to go. We're dropping like a stone and we might at least get a new manager bounce to keep us up.

With our total and shameful inability to win away you might even say that anything less than a win and he should go, actually.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think I'd rather take our chances sticking with Bruce than being the laughing stock club to have six managers in 2 seasons. 

I think I'd rather replace Bruce now than remain the laughing stock we already are, or worse, a laughingstock relegated.

• Like 4

Diarra can be class but probs a free agent for a reason, and if they cancelled his contract halfway through a season, a bad one?

Now my anger after the Newcastle game has subsided and Bruce is still here, I'd say for me if he can get us on a run where we average 2 points a game more or less then he'll have earned the right to stay and have a crack next year. He can't keep losing and stay though surely, when it gets to 1 point from 30 (could be a couple of games from now) then that is a piss take with the squad at his disposal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Steve thinks 4-3-3 is the way forward now. Two weeks ago he thought we were perfect for 3-5-2.

Nothing like being a manager with a plan. Can't believe how fast I've lost complete faith in this man. 

In fairness to him, two weeks ago we had two fit centre forwards.

• Like 1

I liked the 3-5-2, I think we DO have the players for it, or a 3-4-3. Not convinced 4-3-3 is right for us though, we looked good with a 4-1-4-1 and I think we could do a decent 4-1-3-2 as well as it goes. So that's 3 or 4 different shapes we could be perfecting at bodymoor so we have a plan A,B and C. Nice to dream I spose!

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Steve thinks 4-3-3 is the way forward now. Two weeks ago he thought we were perfect for 3-5-2.

Nothing like being a manager with a plan. Can't believe how fast I've lost complete faith in this man. 

To be honest thats one of the things which bothered me, I think even his detractors would have respected it more if he persisted for even more than one week making it look like he had a plan!

Funny enough, a 3-5-2 would have worked better with Jedinak in it!

The fact that he didn't have our most attacking fullback in it, and switched it in time when our defensive (DM) cover came back, as well as played the more attacking fullback when changing to a more vulnerable formation speaks volumes!

No need to reiterate the baffling timing of the subs, and subs themselves either!

• Like 2

Â