Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

In terms of poor form, I'd argue that we were in poor form in January, playing badly and looking awful - in our last three we've been the better side in each of the games and lost - a couple of those games we've lost despite being head and shoulders above the other side - we're playing some nice stuff, we're creating loads and loads of half chances without creating too many gilt edged ones. If we'd put a couple of those away, we'd be talking about how well we'd been playing. The football has been much better in the last three games in my opinion - the results have been dreadful - and as you'd expect from a team on a losing run like ours, when we go a goal down we fall apart - but, for me, the last three games have been the best football of Bruce's short reign. I think we're improving. Results aren't coming yet, but we've been better.

Villa were also playing better under RDM but he was sacked because the results were poor.

The second half performance against Newcastle was poor boardering on awful and I haven't seen much improvement in the previous two games either.

Hopefully that will change against Derby?

Edited by striker

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Villa were also playing better under RDM but he was sacked because the results were poor.

Yet were now stuck with a manager playing worse football with worse results who's job is safe even if we go down.

The Aston Villa circus continues

• Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

Yet were now stuck with a manager playing worse football with worse results who's job is safe even if we go down.

I think we're playing much better football under Bruce than RDM - the results are crap, but the football is better. Ultimately results will get you the sack, but for me the last three games have had plenty of signs that we can get results. Under RDM I thought we were getting worse with each game. Right now I think we're getting closer to something - it really doesn't matter though if we don't win.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we're playing much better football under Bruce than RDM - the results are crap, but the football is better. Ultimately results will get you the sack, but for me the last three games have had plenty of signs that we can get results. Under RDM I thought we were getting worse with each game. Right now I think we're getting closer to something - it really doesn't matter though if we don't win.

Really, we had two shots on goal against Newcastle and scored a grand total of one goal in three games. Scintillating form.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

In terms of poor form, I'd argue that we were in poor form in January, playing badly and looking awful - in our last three we've been the better side in each of the games and lost - a couple of those games we've lost despite being head and shoulders above the other side - we're playing some nice stuff, we're creating loads and loads of half chances without creating too many gilt edged ones. If we'd put a couple of those away, we'd be talking about how well we'd been playing. The football has been much better in the last three games in my opinion - the results have been dreadful - and as you'd expect from a team on a losing run like ours, when we go a goal down we fall apart - but, for me, the last three games have been the best football of Bruce's short reign. I think we're improving. Results aren't coming yet, but we've been better.

Do you seriously believe the highlighted portion? If so, can I please have some of what you've been smoking!?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, striker said:

Whether Villa are relegated or not wasn't really my point. It's the condoning of and poor form Villa are in at the moment which may lead to that eventuality. It's basically saying to the manager carry on with the awful results and we will still keep you in a job no matter what happens by the end of the season. That's why I find so incredible that a board member would come out and say that.

Whats that also saying to the players? No matter the results the manager will be kept on and so will we because the manager signed us? It's sending completely the wrong message.

When Bruce became manager what was his original remit? Promotion this season but if you fail to do that then mid table obscurity in the Championship or worse is fine? I don't think so.

How is that going to change the defeatist mentality at the club when obscurity in the Championship has become acceptable after spending millions on players?

Maybe those employed by Xia don't want to admit to their boss that they may have gotten the appointment wrong?

Bruce must be having a real chuckle to himself at the moment. Nice retirement home.

I don't think losing is acceptable to anyone, I don't know anyone who wants to lose games and not win?! It doesn't send out a message that it's ok not to perform, it sends out a message that Bruce doesn't need to panic about losing his job and can instead focus on getting the team performing without fear of losing his job over his head, again brilliant move from Wyness, absolutely fantastic phone in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, striker said:

Whether Villa are relegated or not wasn't really my point. It's the condoning of and poor form Villa are in at the moment which may lead to that eventuality. It's basically saying to the manager carry on with the awful results and we will still keep you in a job no matter what happens by the end of the season. That's why I find so incredible that a board member would come out and say that.

Whats that also saying to the players? No matter the results the manager will be kept on and so will we because the manager signed us? It's sending completely the wrong message.

When Bruce became manager what was his original remit? Promotion this season but if you fail to do that then mid table obscurity in the Championship or worse is fine? I don't think so.

How is that going to change the defeatist mentality at the club when obscurity in the Championship has become acceptable after spending millions on players?

Maybe those employed by Xia don't want to admit to their boss that they may have gotten the appointment wrong?

Bruce must be having a real chuckle to himself at the moment. Nice retirement home.

My reading of it is wyness is saying to his manager ' we trust and believe in you to sort things out and will give you the time to do so ' - the right way to do things - Bruce brought 8 players in last month and to be callings for his head after the team have played a handful of games together is wrong - we were the better team against forest Ipswich and Barnsley for long periods - it's not like we were hammered in every game .

bruce deserves time - im not sure he deserves it if we go down but I expect him to turn in around in the next few games  and then hit the ground running with a fairly settled team come August.

as for xia it is he who decides on the choice of manager and he looks at the recommendations  and he is very much behind Bruce as his tweeets have indicated - this penchant for calling for managers heads when in a bad run of results has to end - we need stability at this club desperately.

Edited by Eastie

Most pathetic victory I've ever seen. Sadly buys us more of the same. He is the problem no pressure in the ball till the edge of own box and one very very isolated out ball. Needs to be sacked regardless of wins like that. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Bruce out

Some of the worst football i've ever seen its like having McLeish back at the club

In fairness I think we actually played some better stuff under McLeish at times. Especially when Keane was here

• Like 1

TWENTY NINE % Possession at home to the mighty Derby County WTF ! 

I don't want to have to put up with his dire football next season it's just painful to watch. I pay to watch Villa PLAY football not soak up pressure and hope to nick it. The guy is a dinosaur and it pains me this relic is being paid to manage our illustrious club. WTF do Wyness and Round see in him that leads them to believe he is the man he build something. 

• Like 2

Â