Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You know what let's stick and see what happens. We have sacked how many managers and just having same problems. Let's back the manager through this tough time and see what happens.

i think we will end season well and then hopefully next summer have abit if stability what we need and be up there

This .

lets get a few wins and see the differerence confidence makes - Bruce is here to stay whatever the results and the main thing now is to get the team playing and gel so we hit the ground running in August .

• Like 3

Were no better than when Lerner was chairman.

Yes we have spent tons of money but what was the point?

We will never see them reach their full potential or get the best out of them with Bruce.

Considering his job is safe even if we get relegated he may as well go on holiday for the rest of the season and leave Calderwood in charge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Were no better than when Lerner was chairman.

Yes we have spent tons of money but what was the point?

We will never see them reach their full potential or get the best out of them with Bruce.

Considering his job is safe even if we get relegated he may as well go on holiday for the rest of the season and leave Calderwood in charge.

Steve Bruce will get villa promoted to the premiership next season in my view - wyness has talked a lot of sense tonight and it's been a cracking radio show - I feel the future ahead will be very good .

the club is in good hands with xia and wyness - they will get it right !

• Like 2

Just now, Eastie said:

Steve Bruce will get villa promoted to the premiership next season in my view - wyness has talked a lot of sense tonight and it's been a cracking radio show - I feel the future ahead will be very good .

Hope you're right.

I feel the total opposite.

• Like 2

Just now, Eastie said:

Based on what exactly

Have you had your head in the sand and missed all of the games in 2017 where we have failed to win a single match?

The football is dire, the players look disinterested, the manager looks clueless, we couldn't score in a brothel.

There is no chance were getting promoted next season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Based on what exactly

Have you had your head in the sand and missed all of the games in 2017 where we have failed to win a single match?

The football is dire, the players look disinterested, the manager looks clueless, we couldn't score in a brothel.

There is no chance were getting promoted next season.

Confidence is massive in football - we will get there - next season . 

The players are good enough - the manager is good enough having achieved it 4 times - it takes time and patience to gel - it will happen .

the stability given tonight by wyness will only make things better - bring on Derby !!!!

Edited by Eastie

Not saying they're the same. But lots of people were very impressed with Tom Fox. As always actions speak louder than words. We're fighting relegation in the championship and we've got wyness making stupid statements to fans. 

My faith in this club drains more everyday. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Not saying they're the same. But lots of people were very impressed with Tom Fox. As always actions speak louder than words. We're fighting relegation in the championship and we've got wyness making stupid statements to fans. 

My faith in this club drains more everyday. 

I never liked fox - thought he was smarmy and arrogant and knew little about football.

he was more a commercial man than football man - at least wyness has done this job before and quite well at Everton 

I hope Bruce's supporters are proven right.  But I will always think we would have been much better off, much faster, if we had sacked him and moved forward with someone else.  

I also can't imagine the wisdom to committing to a manager no matter how dire the results.  That in and of itself makes me question the wisdom of Wyness

UTV, regardless

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I hope Bruce's supporters are proven right.  But I will always think we would have been much better off, much faster, if we had sacked him and moved forward with someone else.  

I also can't imagine the wisdom to committing to a manager no matter how dire the results.  That in and of itself makes me question the wisdom of Wyness

UTV, regardless

No question Bruce has made some bad mistakes recently and he will be aware of that - sooner fortunes improve the better as I'm sick of ruined weekends.

53 minutes ago, sne said:

On the plus side I'm sure TRO will be delighted :D

Any opportunity for a fellow Villa fan to be happy is most welcome.

Tro will be delighted when we start winning matches......not arguments.

I have no interest in winning arguments.....my position or points have always been just my opinion.

I think I know what's wrong with this club and changing managers, alone, will not fix it.

I see so many problems on the pitch and unlike some,I do not attribute them all to the manager.....the same things have been there for yonks.....its a culture that needs changing.....that may take time.

that is not the same as saying it's his responsibility to fix them, but that fix maybe more difficult than we think.....or even more difficult than he thought or  the previous guys.

no one knows how difficult this is.....until you are in the middle of it.

The mindset of these players are not all on the same page......it will take time to get that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

I maintain it's not the act of chopping and changing managers that necessarily leads to poor results, but who you change to. If you get it wrong six times, blindly sticking with the seventh regardless of results is pinning all cause for poor form on changes rather than the correctness of the manager for your club at that moment in time (any of the poor choices can go elsewhere and be successful, many factors come into play when it comes to success - Ranieri anyone?).

So we've got Exhibit A - chopping and changing. We're about to get Exhibit B - unconditional support. I'm not including Lambert here as existing evidence - he was operating under supernaturally bad conditions. Bruce isn't.

It's out of our hands now - either Steve turns it around and we all benefit from a better Villa, or...

As that's the reality we face, it's a loud UTV from me. 

• Like 1

This is my theory....

We have been signing players who think they are coming to the promised land, they have been offered much gold to abandon their last club to taste the luxury of life in this one.

the elements of their play that  has made them attractive and gained them recognition have now been abandoned the for the better life.

when players come to us they think they have "arrived" in the big time.....The hard work is over, because another player will do it for them.....they are playing with better players in theory and they will cover for them.

When it goes tits up and they are being out fought, out muscled, and out desired.....they think, we are Aston Villa we will just sign another player in the next window to fix it.

There has to be a change in culture and subsequently attitude.

They need to know,

• No more idea's of managers getting the sack at your expense.
  • No more looking over your shoulder for someone else to bail you out
  • No more thinking hard work is a thing of the past
  • No more thinking the great name of Aston Villa will bail you out.

they need to get back to:

•  Win their individual duels and that means headers too.
  • taking personal responsibility for their displays
  • looking to form partnerships with their adjacent colleagues.
  • working morning noon and night at their own game.
  • Realising that they have to deny the opposition space and not stand off
  • Run off the ball in to intelligent space to give your team mate a chance to not get caught with the ball.
  • stop hiding behind the manager and making him responsible for everything you do.

This still is a great football club.....the team are a million miles away from reflecting that, they need to dig deep in to their hearts and wallow in the good times that they can be a part of with the right approach and application.

There is only hard work desire and an absolute collective will to win that is standing between them and the greats of the past.....thats what they must think.

my advice to the club would be .......stop the recruitment, go with what we have and tell them straight, this is it guys.....no more managers, no more players, no more coaches......You will have to fight your way out of this or we end up where your work takes us.

No more attempts at bail outs of any description.......stand and fight.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â