Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's a massive game on Saturday.  Win it and I think we will at least go on to stay up comfortably and things will calm down until the summer.  

Easier said than done. You just know Darren Bent is getting on the scoresheet

Mon speaks out in support of Steve Bruce -

“Villa can’t buy a win. I thought that when Steve went in their first of all, they were going to make the play offs. That looks unlikely now, but give him time and let him sort things out and give him next season,” the Republic of Ireland boss told talkSPORT . 

Villa take on Derby County on Saturday needing a win to stave off the growing threat of back-to-back relegations.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-steve-bruce-12644631

16 hours ago, Eastie said:

Really good article by evening mails mat kendriCk here -

Reacquaint yourselves with what Round said about the astounding level of due diligence that went into appointing Bruce:

"The number one target on my list was Steve Bruce," he said.

"When the manager search came back it was a 40-page document and the number one recommendation was Steve Bruce.

"It was an excellent fact to back up our instinct and advise the chairman – this is our one to six from that 10.

"In the end, we went with a recommendation to the owner. The owner made the decision and went with Steve."

It would take something drastic - and by that I mean relegation - for them to say 'ah, sod it, get Dean Smith or Gary Rowett in'.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-auditioning-keep-aston-12641326

Wouldn't lend too much weight to that last comment. Xia sacked RDM.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Wouldn't lend too much weight to that last comment. Xia sacked RDM.

Sacked RDM and should never have appointed him - the people since put in place though and selection process for Bruce I think xia will be most reluctant to change unless things go really tits up in the remainder of the season - he has been vocal in his support of Bruce recently and stressed the importance of patience .

Martin o Neil's comments today were very supportive of Bruce and I think he will be given every chance to turn it around - certainly not at the trigger point yet but we cannot keep losing indefinately

Not sure things can get any more tits up than they already are?

We've lost our last 5 games and have 2 points from our last 9 games.

In that time we have scored 5 and conceded 16.

We are dead last in the form table and last or second to last in all of English league football.

Sitting precariously at 16th only 6 points above relegation with no realistic chance of finishing in the top 10.

During this horrid run we must have tried at least 5 different starting formations and rotated the squad no end.

How are the players ever going to feel comfortable and learn a formation and their roles in training when we change it every week?

For me this points to a desperate manager who has lost the plot and is throwing shit at the wall hoping something sticks.

• Like 1

During the Sky interview after the toon match he looked either Valium'd or just plain ill.

He looked pale, he was struggling to pronounce words and was not his usual redfaced angry like other Postmarch interviews.

In his pre match interview, he was giving it the "I'm the right man for the job" "I'll turn it around"

Well, If he was getting half the potential out of the squad, there would be nothing that needed "turning around"

Does anyone have an example of a manager "turning it around" or is it just pre-cursive talk till the sacking?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Sacked RDM and should never have appointed him - the people since put in place though and selection process for Bruce I think xia will be most reluctant to change unless things go really tits up in the remainder of the season - he has been vocal in his support of Bruce recently and stressed the importance of patience .

Martin o Neil's comments today were very supportive of Bruce and I think he will be given every chance to turn it around - certainly not at the trigger point yet but we cannot keep losing indefinately

I really do hope he turns it around and Villa get a couple of wins in the next few games but if it's another loss against Derby with no improvement in performance then I cannot see how he keeps his job.

A team not scoring after bringing in players to do exactly that while continually conceding is not going to improve unless the manager is going to change tactically.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

I really do hope he turns it around and Villa get a couple of wins in the next few games but if it's another loss against Derby with no improvement in performance then I cannot see how he keeps his job.

A team not scoring after bringing in players to do exactly that while continually conceding is not going to improve unless the manager is going to change tactically.

Needs to be given till rotherham a week on sat - we have 3 games and I'm sure he is aware of the need to change things .

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Did anyone see that stat on most changed teams in the Championship (think it might have been since Bruce joined us)?

We were second.  The most changed?  Huddersfield.

1 - Team that makes most changes - Team sits in 3rd place - Manager making correct decisions

2 - Team that makes 2nd most changes - Team in relegation battle - manager needs more time to learn to make correct decisions

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

1 - Team that makes most changes - Team sits in 3rd place - Manager making correct decisions

2 - Team that makes 2nd most changes - Team in relegation battle - manager needs more time to learn to make correct decisions

56970129.jpg

• Like 1

Bruce makes changes and doesn't have a clue what he's doing, the Huddlefield manager evidently knows what he is doing when he changes his side, it's as simple as that. One manager has a clue, the other doesn't. Bruce's trial and error strategy is not delivering and is frankly blowing up on him. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mykeyb said:

This lack of fight which you mention, was it there under RDM ?

I am sure both you and I took that for granted under Bruce so the fact he can't generate at team spirit, desire or bottle is alarming giving we are battling for survival

I believe it was there under RDM and it was there under Sherwood and Garde....at Wembley it was in full evidence.

I accept that it's the managers responsibility, but in my mind, it is not reflective of a Steve Bruce team.....His teams have always been combative if not expansive.....that is a concern for me, that we are not, in fact far from it.

I sense it's a result of the team not gelling or balanced, it could be the players are not good enough for the task in hand.....you could be right it could be the managers inability to get a response from them.

I am not unconditionally supporting Steve Bruce, but I am still uncomfortable in changing him so soon with a backdrop of so much change and disruption.

some of these things are not just lame excuses they are valid reasons.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Maybe the Huddersfield manager has set players for certain formations and changes those formations depending on the opposition - meaning his changes are tactical.

Whereas, our manager makes changes because he doesn't know which formation to play or which player is best within those formations - meaning his changes are because he is clueless?

I think that is the tongue in cheek point he was trying to make mate. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â