Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think brucie needs to get phelan back in ASAPASAP

No question for me that phelan is needed as number 2 - he worked well with Bruce at hull .

this calderwood appointment is an odd one to me.

He had never worked with Bruce and was given licence to take training which is why he came and again that's something he never had at Brighton .

seems to me that phelan in for calderwood would be the logical move however coldhearted it may seem . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dale said:

I'm really not convinced he's earned the right to be dictating more changes at the club right now... 

From what Round says calderwood was chosen by Round as much as Bruce and phelan was not available at that time anyway . 

Edited by Eastie

30 minutes ago, Eastie said:

When calderwood arrived he said the big attraction was he would be in charge of training - since then it's all gone tits up - maybe questions should be asked of him ?

Much like Steve Clarke we'll never know if the number two is doing a good job. The only one we know was clueless was one Ray 'my word' Wilkins. 

Bruce is the boss, he carries the can. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sne said:

Exactly this.

We lack a basic system for the players to work under. There are no clear lines to our play. Not in possession, nor when we are defending. This uncertainty makes players nervous and causes mistakes. 

Fwiw it's been one of many problems under most of our managers since MON, and it's what you get when you hire "motivators" rather than tacticians.

Wasn't Garde meant to be a tactician?.....because he certainly wasn't renowned for motivation.

to be fair, you need both.

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

Wasn't Garde meant to be a tactician?.....because he certainly wasn't renowned for motivation.

to be fair, you need both.

I don't actually believe he was, not that I've heard anyway.

But as you say a mix of tactics and motivation is vital.

But to quote myself (and probably someone I stole it from) "Motivation wins you games, tactics wins you titles" or something like that anyway...

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

When calderwood arrived he said the big attraction was he would be in charge of training - since then it's all gone tits up - maybe questions should be asked of him ?

If he was so crap how come Brighton played so well?

2 FREE AGENTS ASTON VILLA COULD GENUINELY TARGET TO ENHANCE SURVIVAL HOPES

LASSANA DIARRA

Lassana-Diarra-Anzhi.jpg

Defensive midfielder Lassana Diarra is a free agent after leaving Marseille.

With Henri Lansbury and Conor Hourihane providing little defensive cover for the back four, Diarra would come in and add some much needed solidity to the midfield in the absence of injured Mile Jedinak.

The 31-year-old is vastly experienced, having played for Real Madrid, Chelsea and Arsenal and he has also won 34 caps for France.

DIMITAR BERBATOV

berbatovberbatovmkl.jpg

Dimitar Berbatov recently revealed on BBC that he is looking for a club.

The experienced Bulgarian could be worth a gamble for Steve Bruce as he looks for a bit of magic to inspire Villa back up the table.

The 36-year-old was superb during spells with Tottenham, Manchester United and Fulham and he never did much running anyway so he could still be able to perform at a high level.

With an injury to Hogan, why not take a risk and sign Berbatov on a short term deal?

Great shouts to me. Thoughts?

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-free-agents-aston-villa-could-genuinely-target-to-enhance-survival-hopes/

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

2 FREE AGENTS ASTON VILLA COULD GENUINELY TARGET TO ENHANCE SURVIVAL HOPES

LASSANA DIARRA

Lassana-Diarra-Anzhi.jpg

Defensive midfielder Lassana Diarra is a free agent after leaving Marseille.

With Henri Lansbury and Conor Hourihane providing little defensive cover for the back four, Diarra would come in and add some much needed solidity to the midfield in the absence of injured Mile Jedinak.

The 31-year-old is vastly experienced, having played for Real Madrid, Chelsea and Arsenal and he has also won 34 caps for France.

DIMITAR BERBATOV

berbatovberbatovmkl.jpg

Dimitar Berbatov recently revealed on BBC that he is looking for a club.

The experienced Bulgarian could be worth a gamble for Steve Bruce as he looks for a bit of magic to inspire Villa back up the table.

The 36-year-old was superb during spells with Tottenham, Manchester United and Fulham and he never did much running anyway so he could still be able to perform at a high level.

With an injury to Hogan, why not take a risk and sign Berbatov on a short term deal?

Great shouts to me. Thoughts?

Forgive me for asking JV is this the same Diarra that notched a couple of crackers against us for Pompey some time back? Great player back then - think I could be tempted 

48 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Wasn't that muntari?

Not certain to be honest,they both played for Portsmouth though at some point.

But yes I think you may be correct in saying it was Muntari, Diarra more of a DM

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â