Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

18 hours ago, jim said:

Diarra would be a fabulous signing.

To go with the other fabulous signings?

On the pitch and on paper is two different things.

......but hey!

i have no idea what is right and what is wrong now....such is the consistency of the demise.

I assume everyone's probably already aware of this but thought I'd give a heads up just in case:

Keith Wyness is going to be on BBC Radio WM - West Midlands Football Phone in from 5:30PM today and will be taking calls and questions from fans. Definitely worth a listen.

• Like 1

Pretty much resigned to the board sticking with Bruce for at least a couple more games depending on results.

I just hope we can grab a win and progress from there because that is the biggest priority atm, we can't afford a relegation scrap and desperately need a run of positive results.

If we lose, again, tomorrow he really has to go. We have to get a result before the Rotherham game.

Feels like it's going to take something drastic for him to be given the sack at this stage, seems like they want him to stay put at least until the end of the season (I can't see Wyness alluding to anything else).

I don't agree but it's not in our hands unless there is major supporter unrest at Villa Park.

Edited by Jas10

I think what this job does in its current form on the back of years of this demise is throw up so many decisions....that managers get caught in too many minds.

I think that has been the case for the previous ones too.

the less fires to put out, the easier the job will become.....whether it's SB or the next man.

tbf, I would prefer that the manager change formations from time to time.  Tactically, you do so to capitalize on an opponents weakness or better neutralize an opponent's strengths.  But you don't change if your own players are incapable of making the adjustment.  To date, our current players, under Bruce, have shown themselves incapable of playing well in any formation.  

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I assume everyone's probably already aware of this but thought I'd give a heads up just in case:

Keith Wyness is going to be on BBC Radio WM - West Midlands Football Phone in from 5:30PM today and will be taking calls and questions from fans. Definitely worth a listen.

Is there anyway us outside the UK can listen?

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is there anyway us outside the UK can listen?

Try tune in radio and search for BBC wm .

wyness has said 100% Bruce will stay whatever the results this season and that they are very happy with him - stability is the key and no chance whatsoever of Steve Bruce leaving the club - it's a long term plan and Steve Bruce is the man whatever happens .

Now that's sorted - let's get behind Bruce and get this show on the road - he is going nowhere !!!!

Wyness was asked if Bruce would still be manager if we were relegated - he said yes.

Now I'm sure that will make some people upset, but it says something good about our determination to be stable and for the long term future, there must be managers out there who've looked at Leicester yesterday and heard that today and will take away that Villa might be a good place to have a job.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wyness was asked if Bruce would still be manager if we were relegated - he said yes.

Now I'm sure that will make some people upset, but it says something good about our determination to be stable and for the long term future, there must be managers out there who've looked at Leicester yesterday and heard that today and will take away that Villa might be a good place to have a job.

Agreed- now let's get behind him and the team . 

He will not be sacked even if relegated - he is their man and they will back him to the hilt .

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hopefully it is just a smoke screen for a better manager then!

:trollface:

You know what let's stick and see what happens. We have sacked how many managers and just having same problems. Let's back the manager through this tough time and see what happens.

i think we will end season well and then hopefully next summer have abit if stability what we need and be up there

• Like 4

Â