Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

This is what happens when you have attacking minded players and have them play negative, sit back and hope to nick it 1-0 football.

1) the players can't really do it, and 2) it drains confidence in their attacking abilities

The result is that when you are no longer able to steal games against shit games (like we were before xmas), you are left with a team who lack confidence going forward, and are liable to start letting in goals, because they are weaker defensively.

Then you can quickly get on a bad run, which leads to the manager flailing around for the right formation, substitutions etc. and generally looking like he's lost the plot. Which is the stage we are now at.

We've seen it with McLeish, Lambert and now Bruce.

• Like 3

Bree and Taylor back in no doubt. At least 2 changes in the midfield just to make sure nobody has a bloody clue what their teammate is doing.

Most important of all make sure Johnstone plays to really hammer home that inevitable loss.

If someone had of said this would happen back in December, I would have thought them mad.

back to football

until Jedinak is back I don't see this changing......and even by then the confidence may be beyond shot.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Reaching?

I would argue they were better than him with worse teams in a worse situation!

Garde never had a penny to spend and inherited a worse team than Bruce. Potato Head isn't fit to wipe his boots.

• Like 2

Switched back to 4-4-2 tonight. What happened to the 5-3-2 Steve? The random formation changes coupled with the random personnel changes almost make it seem like you don't know what you are doing. Not to mention the terrible substitutions. But that can't be, can it? 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 3

After 12 games he had 41% win rate........how on earth can you possibly go from that to this.

Dramatic free fall......is an understatement.

i understand all the mitigating circumstances surrounding stability, but this does test your football sanity.

Â