Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I'd still not sack him, one thing that's painfully obvious is we need a team to get out this league. We don't have a team we have a collection of individuals, you need time to forge a team and I'm in favour of giving him that time because he has a track record. However I appreciate we can't get dragged into a relegation dogfight so he really needs to get a result fast now

• Like 1

You can already see the dejected look on his face, he's as good as gone, and he knows it. It might take a few more weeks though.

We need to find a replacement first.

Edited by vreitti

7 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

As Tony Morley said look at the players, pick a team and formation and stick to it for the next 5-6 games, sadly he will just make random changes which is akin to rearranging the deckchairs.............

Look at what Clement has done at Swansea, pretty much the same 11 since he took over bar the odd change like Dyer for Routledge and bringing Olsson in and it has worked well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I'd still not sack him, one thing that's painfully obvious is we need a team to get out this league. We don't have a team we have a collection of individuals, you need time to forge a team and I'm in favour of giving him that time because he has a track record. However I appreciate we can't get dragged into a relegation dogfight so he really needs to get a result fast now

You need a manager who can do the basics like round pegs, round holes. Right tactics based on strengths, and sensible changes at sensible times etx.

We really don't need a rocket scientist to see this ffs.

He has lost the plot with the very basics!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Good managers know what they are doing. Bad ones scramble for a semblance of order. You need a manager with confidence in his tactics and ideas and this will transfer to the players. Random changes can't instill any confidence in the team. 

Look, I'm not going to defend this awful, awful run.

but he has had 4 promotions from this league and even this dramatically turgid football, cannot take that away from him.

Good managers win bad managers lose.....its all a bit of a basic statement.

how do you know, he hasn't got confidence in his tactics, but losses drain managers too, they are not impervious to it.....events have proved he is struggling to come up with answers and in the timescale I think this will beat him.

I don't know how we have signed most of the leagues better players and landed in this dark dungeon, but we have.....but to think it is all down to the manager alone, dare I say is wishful thinking.

I Don't care who is right or who is wrong.....I'm like you, I just want a winning manager.....maybe I'm not as confident as you of getting one....if he is sacked.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You need a manager who can do the basics like round pegs, round holes. Right tactics based on strengths, and sensible changes at sensible times etx.

We really don't need a rocket scientist to see this ffs.

He has lost the plot with the very basics!

Under pressure people do silly things, it's why I say he needs a result quickly. If we lose 2-3 more I can see him going but if we win next week it will be all smiles, this squad I think can get promotion but it needs to gel 

A poor, unambitious, short-sighted appointment from the off. I predicted 12th when he took over but even that would be wildly optimistic now.  Nice bloke but Bruce is looking more and more a footballing dinosaur and clearly not up to the job

He needs to go - he won't resign, they never do - he will think that he can turn it around. It's extremely unlikely that that will happen

I suspect that he will hang on until the Newcastle game but if Xia is brave he will pull the trigger now. I feel really sorry for Xia, he deserves better than this, although he does need to find some better advisors to help him choose a manager. The same team that unearthed RDM and Bruce can't be allowed to go for third choice

Appoint a caretaker and hope we can grab two or three wins to keep us safe and then find a proper manager in the summer. I'd go for Wagner if Huddersfield don't go up - if Xia had had good advice he would already be here now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Under pressure people do silly things, it's why I say he needs a result quickly. If we lose 2-3 more I can see him going but if we win next week it will be all smiles, this squad I think can get promotion but it needs to gel 

Promotion? Are you serious? We just lost to Barnsley at home. We barely manage to score a goal, let alone win a game.

He needs to go. Resistance is futile.

• Like 1

Â