2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

"So who do you think we should take off here Steve? Grealish? Hourihane?"

"Lansbury..."

"Haha no come on Steve, who?"

"Yeah that lad wearing number 5"

"Are you sure boss?"

"Yes"

"..."

I was genuinely shocked when he took off Lansbury, how Hourihane survived the full 90 I'll never know. 

13 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

You can't start out with that bolded sentence and then allow your heart to bleed for Xia.

His choice was RDM; and with the appointment of Bruce, neither he or his advisers foresaw what you stated right there in your first sentence. You saw it from the outset, as did others, so why in their collective football wisdom didn't they!?

I'm sorry, but it's their job to get those decisions right and between them, they have massively **** up. The board has overseen two totally awful managerial appointments in less than six months. Xia has either chosen badly himself or picked a bunch of short sighted clowns to advise him, but either way, the buck stops with him. 

I agree that his advisors have let him down and he needs to replace them. I can't blame him - I doubt he knows the first thing about football 

• Like 1

I thought about this earlier tonight.  The level of our recent managerial appointments has declined one stage at a time.  Hate to keep going back to them but Newcastle appointed  Rafa knowing they were already down.  We've appointed poor manager after poor manager and nothing will change until villas top level management stop dicking around and lay the foundations for their project ala man city. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Honestly I fail to see what else it could be. It's not the atmosphere at the ground or around the club. It's not the structures at board level or the transfers that we've made or the training facilities. For me it has to be the managers fault. Just like it was Di Matteo's and Sherwoods fault when we were underperforming under them, it's Bruce's fault now. He'll get time to show us if he's good enough to get us out of it but I have seen nothing to suggest he is, which is disappointing.

That is not my point....how many do we get through to find the right one.

it was only a few weeks ago he managed 8 wins....was he good enough then?

The performances were not there, so they went out and bought players that we were all pleased with....instead of going forward, we have gone backwards.

I am no more certain he is the right manager as others are he is the wrong manager.

but something has gone drastically wrong.....He takes the glorywhen it goes right, he has to take the flak.

but ask yourself this.....do you want him sacked or do you just want the team to win....it may not be quite the same.

There are no guarantee's a new manager will correct this in 20 games.

Edited by TRO

A frustrated Bruce said: “The reason why we’ve got one of the biggest wage bills in the division is to deal with the mentality and expectation at this club.
“That’s why the players get paid more than anyone else in this division to handle the expectation.
“The crowd have been nothing short of magnificent in the last two games when it has been difficult for them, too.
“Some of the stuff has been difficult for them to watch as we have been making mistake after mistake.
“We haven’t been good enough for the last five weeks and it’s difficult for me to face it.
“But I’m determined to get it right and now is where we must show some balls.”

https://tinyurl.com/gtaa28c A small piece of what he said.

Edited by villianusa

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

But you wasn't so convinced or vociferous after 12 games when he had a 41% win ratio, was you....its only since this dreadful run has materialised that your confidence in not wanting Bruce had grown

As you well know TRO I was against Bruce from the off and have consistently said he was the wrong appointment throughout although I must admit that I didn't imagine he would be as bad as he has been.

Of course  I've no way of knowing for sure if Wagner would be more successful but his record with scant resources at Huddersfield suggest he would be doing far far better than Bruce. 

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Comparing Steve Bruce to Ron Saunders, blimey. This thread has finally jumped off the deep end.

Dave, come on I know it's a depressing night, but that is not what was being said and you know it....it was a cheap shot at humour.

I was not comparing Steve Bruce with Ron Saunders.

I was merely pointing out how folk can be wise after the event.

Like a few or our appointments we've made in recent years, i certainly wasn't against Bruce being named manager. He was the logical choice, a great record in this division. If he can't get us winning games then I don't know who can. Where do we go from here? I'm not envious of Dr Tony's position. Truly baffling. 

8 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I thought about this earlier tonight.  The level of our recent managerial appointments has declined one stage at a time.  Hate to keep going back to them but Newcastle appointed  Rafa knowing they were already down.  We've appointed poor manager after poor manager and nothing will change until villas top level management stop dicking around and lay the foundations for their project ala man city. 

Yeah, I bet Mancini's been begging Xia to sign him up. Championship is a different World. Newcastle got Rafa because they were Premier League and he thought he could keep them up, but he had a disaster of a start and they went down

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

That is not my point....how many do we get through to find the right one.

it was only a few weeks ago he managed 8 wins....was he good enough then?

The performances were not there, so they went out and bought players that we were all pleased with....instead of going forward, we have gone backwards.

I am no more certain he is the right manager as others are he is the wrong manager.

but something has gone drastically wrong.....He takes the glorywhen it goes right, he has to take the flak.

but ask yourself this.....do you want him sacked or do you just want the team to win....it may not be quite the same.

There are no guarantee's a new manager will correct this in 20 games.

Losing 0-1 at home to Ipswich

Losing 1-3 at home to Barnsley

One point from a possible 21 in 2017 tells me SB is totally the WRONG manager

• Like 4

Â