Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Very poor.

He finally picked a more progressive side - too late - but still had them playing far too negatively.

Additionally due to his chopping and changing the players were clearly struggling to know what was expected and or needed.

Barnsley at 3-1 up were far more positive than us all game.

Baffling subs.

I have no problem keep changing Managers if they don't perform and it's a long long time since I saw any good reason to keep him.

We are definitely in a relegation fight and the ONLY thing that matters is making sure we give ourselves the BEST chance of staying up.

With Warburton and Rowett available Tony has a decision to make.

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

Definitely in trouble now. I don't think he'll be sacked yet, but will after the Derby game if we lose. 

Newcastle and derby will hammer us and he will be gone .

might as well do it now and save us the embarrassment of 2 thrashings.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

If someone had of said this would happen back in December, I would have thought them mad.

back to football

until Jedinak is back I don't see this changing......and even by then the confidence may be beyond shot.

That's a worrying statement but probably quite accurate. Do we literally have nobody else who can play that role?

Just now, Mantis said:

Why the clamour for Rowett? Yeah he did well at SHA but Bruce did well at Hull and Lambert did well at Norwich. Just not sure he's the right man for us (not that Bruce is either).

Rowett is not the answer for me - however maybe short term temporary till the summer and reassess then ? 

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Switched back to 4-4-2 tonight. What happened to the 5-3-2 Steve? The random formation changes coupled with the random personnel changes almost make it seem like you don't know what you are doing. Not to mention the terrible substitutions. But that can't be, can it? 

I think when it gets like this....managers rarely know what they are doing, they are just scrambling for any semblance of order......crikey, us as fans are experienced with seeing managers lose the plot.

1 minute ago, vreitti said:

How on earth has he ever managed to promote a team in this division is beyond me.

Sadly, the past is the past.

Bruce simply is a rubbish manager.

I think we now know how he has got 4 relegations though

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think when it gets like this....managers rarely know what they are doing, they are just scrambling for any semblance of order......crikey, us as fans are experienced with seeing managers lose the plot.

As Tony Morley said look at the players, pick a team and formation and stick to it for the next 5-6 games, sadly he will just make random changes which is akin to rearranging the deckchairs.............

• Like 2

When the wheels come off in this fashion....I would say it is unlikely he will survive to the end of the season.

its the dramatic change of it all, that is the crucial bit.

• Like 1

Just now, Designer1 said:

Genuinely disappointed.

I thought he was a great choice to make us stable and a little more solid.

It's just not working is it?

How I see it. Unlike some who are crowing, which I never understand.

• Like 1

Â