Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I get the frustration mate and I am as frustrated as anyone with how things have panned out. Bruce out chants, you don't know what you're doing, sacked in the morning. Yes fair game given some of the crap served up but some of the vitriol on social media crosses a line into verging on hatred and is way over the top.

Last night was shocking but it wasn't something we haven't witnessed in a number of games we just perhaps hadn't been punished for it. Preston were beaten at half time and trhough our own lack lustre play and coming out foot off the gas on the back foot we let them back in to they game. I'd say in way over 75% of Bruce's games we either put two poor halves together or at least one. A decent 90 minutes is few and far between.

There is no ifs or buts this is down to Bruce. Two years, four transfer windows and backed by a fortune for this level if not in fees then certainly in wages. This is his squad and what we have seen is the best he can muster. I don't think it is down to attitude of the players. I think it is how he tells them to play. He may well have said last night at half time lets be solid, not push for a third, drop back a few yards. He certainly had to have said something as we came out with a completely different mentality and it is not for the first time. Then when all seemed lost we managed to switch up again and go back on the front foot. Something again we have seen plenty of especially this season as backed up by all the late goals. That certainly suggests there is plenty of fight in this team.

I don't know if it needs to be dissected anymore really. I am gutted he is getting the sack. Perhaps selfishly not really for him but for us. Once again a managers tenure ends under a cloud, with a crowd full of vitriol, the culmination of what has to be seen as two years of failure and therefore two more wasted years.

only just heard Mark.....I now hope this sorry football can come to an end.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Right decision in my opinion. Although it didn't work out in not going to disrespect him like a large section of our fans.

He was left in the job far too long and that's why he got the disrespect. Should have gone after the playoff final loss. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hippo said:

But then how would you attract a decent manager in the first place ?

A decent manager would just wait for a club that didn't have such a clause....

If it became the norm it would be much better for everyone.

Other football thread.

i guess I am thankful for stopping the rot and last season making me enjoy seeing Aston Villa win football games again, and I suppose building an impressive attacking squad this season but the defence and dire goalkeeper situation cost him more then the awful football in the end. 

Â