Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He has done it on every penalty since he got here, just sums up his management to me. Negative.

That's a really weird thing to have a problem with.

We've seen this kind of thing from loads of players and managers over the years. They're too nervous to watch a penalty.

It's meaningless.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Just one thing re the 4 right backs.  For the whole season, Bruce has been castigated for playing Axel (nominally a CB) out of position at RB. You can't then give him grief for playing '4 RBs' when Axel is one of them.  I know it doesn't fit the 'Bruce doesn't know what he's doing' narrative', but it's unnecessary.   There's more than enough real crap to have a go about.

Steve Bruce obviously doesn't agree with you.

Tuanzebe has played a dozen times for Villa, and only on a couple of occasions has he started as a centre back. He started as a centre back last night only because Jedinak was injured.

Bruce clearly thinks he's a right back. It's not "unnecessary" and I'm not trying "to fit a narrative" I'm stating fact!

Bruce had his four right backs as his back line for forty minutes last night. I do not need to try and embellish the "Bruce doesn't know what he's doing narrative". That sadly speaks for itself.

1 hour ago, pacbuddies said:

If Celtic were performing like Villa then cabbages being thrown would be the least of his worries. Don't try to make out this is just a Villa thing. Every club has its share of knuckle draggers.

Yeah of course so many clubs have been in the press recently for throwing crap at their manager ...

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah of course so many clubs have been in the press recently for throwing crap at their manager ...

Atmosphere at Villa Park has been a lot worse in recent times and he took the job

Oh God, were going to have to put up with a carbon copy performance against Millwall on Saturday aren't we.

Albert Einstein is considered a Genius for very good reason.  Why will the board not take his advice?

The main reason Bruce has to go is his transfer policy.

No replacements for Terry or Elphick

Tuanzebe was utterly pointless as we have RB's. Also I think he is fairly shite at CB too

He has signed El Ghazi and Bolasie which used up most of our transfer money available and they start on the bench

With Chester suspended we now have no centre backs. Any manager with half a clue knows you need at least 3 if not 4 CB's for a season

Signed two goalkeepers who are so shite Mark Bunn is back in goal

Also any decent manager would suggest that Glenn Whelan doesn't take a last minute penalty

Edited by KHV

Assuming his sacking is not imminent, I am surprised there is no statement of support from the board. The atmosphere was hostile last night so the board should really look support Bruce publicly, even if the sack is incoming it is the right thing to do for your emplyee. Maybe they are trying to force a resignation? 

Edited by mikeyjavfc

4 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Fair enough. I was previously quoting someone who mentioned Wenger, Fonseca one Zidane as possible candidates so that's where the top manager comment came from. Which are clearly ridiculous names for us to be thinking about given where we are.

I just can't see us getting anyone of any note because they will want big money and we just can't spend like that at this stage.

Whoever we get, it needs to be soon or else I really think we will finish in the bottom half, which would be a catastrophe given our FFP position.

It’s a balance. You’re right in that we have to be realistic about where we are at this moment in time. However I still think we’re an attractive proposition for the right guy with the right motivation. Hopefully the new owners have a vision for the future, not a bloody fairground, and get the right people in to deliver it. 

Pepe it is then?

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s a balance. You’re right in that we have to be realistic about where we are at this moment in time. However I still think we’re an attractive proposition for the right guy with the right motivation. Hopefully the new owners have a vision for the future, not a bloody fairground, and get the right people in to deliver it. 

Pepe it is then?

Well whoever it is needs to be forward thinking, willing to try to win games as opposed to trying not to lose them and know how to get the best out of the attacking talent we have.

That's absolutely key, because nobody is going to be able to stop us conceding with the players we have available at the back.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Assuming his sacking is not imminent, I am surprised there is no statement of support from the board. The atmosphere was hostile last night so the board should really look support Bruce publicly, even if the sack is incoming it is the right thing to do for your emplyee. Maybe they are trying to force a resignation? 

He signed expensive wingers on loan and put them on the bench whilst not replacing the defenders that he lost/got rid of, leaving a hole in one of the most important positions in the pitch.

54 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Or as rookie owners they aren't quite sure what to do next 

23 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Let’s batten down the hatches and roll wor sleeves up for millwall, gonna be a tough game for us. Brucey ain’t goin nowhere for the time being! 

We don't play. The players do.

Edited by praisedmambo

Â