Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Do we actually have to pay him off? There should be clauses added into contracts if you perform shit you get x% of your remaining contract.

None of them quit anymore they all want that payoff.

But then how would you attract a decent manager in the first place ?

A decent manager would just wait for a club that didn't have such a clause....

14 minutes ago, Hughes said:

wow. just wow to that article from Kendrick. Surely this is just a formality now, no way would Mat come out like this unless things are in motion. 

I agree. The writings in the wall. Hopefully compensation is being arranged to get rid of him clemence and calderwood. 

If little agrees I would put him in charge for sat as Trent said 

1 hour ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Assuming his sacking is not imminent, I am surprised there is no statement of support from the board. The atmosphere was hostile last night so the board should really look support Bruce publicly, even if the sack is incoming it is the right thing to do for your emplyee. Maybe they are trying to force a resignation? 

TBH, they aren't exactly verbose at the best of times, are they?

Id worry about the new owners and purslow if we win Saturday and they do nothing. Would be such short sightedness.  It's game over for Bruce. Getting toxic now.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, hippo said:

But then how would you attract a decent manager in the first place ?

A decent manager would just wait for a club that didn't have such a clause....

Stuart Pearce insisted on not having any such clauses in his contract when he took over at Notts Forest as he didn't think his potential failure should be rewarded. (Was sacked 6 months later).

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ender4 said:

I think the cabbage throwing was inspired. 

All my liverpool/arsenal/man utd supporting mates are talking about the cabbage.   
Its rightly put the media spotlight on Bruce, for the first time in two years when it should have been much earlier.   

I thought it was a wonderful, lunatic thing to do, and certainly has done it's job in showcasing the displeasure of the fans at the garbage we have been enduring.

2 hours ago, sne said:

It appears someone at the Mail has been holding their finger up to feel how the wind blows and come to a conclusion.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-verdict-its-time-15231429

Great article...

one has started....surely other media muppets will now start to follow...

The end is nigh...

viva the revolution 

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/10/03/exclusive-aston-villa-preparing-sack-steve-bruce/

Aston Villa are preparing to sack manager Steve Bruce.

Villa have made the decision to dismiss the 57-year-old after a torrid run of one victory from ten games, in a major move by the Championship club’s new owners.

Edited by KJT123

Â