Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

You wouldn't think that we were in the play off positions & 2 points off second place...

Also one of only 6 teams to lose fewer than 2 games & fourth highest scorers in the division.

And yet we still look clueless. Just think how good our stats would be if we had a better manager.

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i didnt know what you were on about @GarethRDR

51ENs0+oTQL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

?

sack this man now

I have to say that for me, that picture just sums up the standard of match officials in the Championship. The player has clearly been murdered to death on the pitch and the assistant referee is just standing there looking on. Not so much as a free kick awarded.

And as a side note, it must be at the Sty as there is a completely empty stand.

• Like 1

I haven't read the post above me so I will say this.

We won, credit to Bruce and his team because no game is easy in the Championship. However he should win with grace knowing that there is still more work to do instead of discussing critics.

As for the game, we played a team of lesser quality that rely on hard work and determination, they made it tough but he would have been out of a job if we lost last night.

There appears to be gaps in our build up play, we build up our play with our full backs, and then we rely on one of our midfield players to come to find an option, after that we tend to lose the ball depending on the quality of opposition. 

I am still worried because our midfielders are static and they do not pick pockets of space to receive the ball. 

Honestly, we have one of the best squads in the championship there are no qualms about that. I just don't think that we will see this team play to the level that they are capable of under Bruce.

I don't think we will get autos,  I think it will be Leeds & WBA.

The real test is against Sheff Weds, Bristol, Swansea & Millwall.

Lets see if we make it out of that, because if we don't.

He will be gone mid in October.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

2 up top shunts Grealish to the wing which is a waste

I think we need something like this

Nyland

Elmo    New CB/Axel/Jedi   Chester   Hutton

McGinn   Hourihane

Bolasie/El Ghazi   Grealish   Kodjia/Adomah

Abraham/Kodjia/Hogan

That team is embarrassingly strong for the Championship...

As a forward four, what's the estimated combined value of Bolasie, Grealish, Kodjia and Abraham? £100 million?

Most squads in the championship wouldn't be worth much more than £30-40 million.

Really poor start to the season.

• Like 1

.....we won, yes we got 3 points.

I might be speaking for more than just myself when i say I'm still not happy because it keeps him in his job but we all know what'll happen when we play the decent teams. Bruce will revert to type and set up not to lose, even with the attacking luxuries we now have.

We'll lose those games and his post match interviews will say how unlucky we were, how disappointed we are but y'knaa when I came here we were in the crap and we've improved worselves and y'all knaa ma record speaks for itself......?

Bruce's only redeeming feature was "he's a nice bloke", but he's fast destroying that view which until now has been held by a lot of fans.

Arrogantly picking a fight with complaining fans after one win in the last six matches, while continuing to be a rubbish manager is not a clever idea, but then again being "clever" is not one of SB's limited talents.

Don't tell us Steve .... Show us, match after match .... Then we might believe you!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

i didnt know what you were on about @GarethRDR

51ENs0+oTQL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

?

sack this man now

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Never forget, people, that the man currently responsible for mapping out and executing our tactical approach is the same man who imparted such wisdom as "Murder is a grave crime".

"Get wor knives out and go out and stab lads"

Edited by fightoffyour

47 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Context.

Last minute winner at home to Wigan

Last minute equalisers Brentford and Blackburn

Only wins against Hull and Rotherham

Draws at home to Reading, away to Ipswich against 10 men for the majority of the game

Then:

Best squad in the division

Shit quality of play

No gameplan

1 clean sheet all year

It's a miracle we're only 3 points off top, it isn't anything to be praised.

We really don't have the best squad in the division.  Attackers?  Wingers?  Yes, probably.  Defensive midfielders?  Defence?  Goalkeepers?  Absolutely not.

Let's not start peddling this myth as well to prove that Steve Bruce is useless.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

We really don't have the best squad in the division.  Attackers?  Wingers?  Yes, probably.  Defensive midfielders?  Defence?  Goalkeepers?  Absolutely not.

Let's not start peddling this myth as well to prove that Steve Bruce is useless.

But would you agree that the squad is there, or there about ;)

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Of course - even if we only have 6 defenders (lol), it's a strong squad.  It's just not the best in the division.  

Whose is better?

Accusing me of 'peddling a myth' for stating our squad is the strongest in the division is a reach, at best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

You wouldn't think that we were in the play off positions & 2 points off second place...

Also one of only 6 teams to lose fewer than 2 games & fourth highest scorers in the division.

We've played Hull, Wigan, Ipswich, Brentford, Reading, Sheffield Utd, Blackburn and Rotherham.

That's all 3 newly promoted teams, and in Hull, Ipswich and Reading 3 teams who are probably going to be in and around the relegation mix. The only sides out of those you would consider decent are Brentford, where we needed a last minute equaliser at home, and Sheffield Utd, where we were humiliated away.

Forgive me for still having reservations, especially as we have 2 years worth of evidence under Bruce showing what happens when you keep putting in the type of average performances we do (hint: as likely to go on a poor run of results as a good one, and ultimately failure to get promotion).

• Like 1

Â