Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

On 18/09/2018 at 12:54, terrytini said:

Whilst I respect the fact that everyone is entitled to air their views, I find the increasing personal and conspiratorial criticisms, including the use of isolated ex- player quotes and the passing on of second and third hand gossip, unnecessary, distasteful, and, in view of the fact he cant respond, unfair.

Increasingly it has the feel of an attempt by some to stir up dissatisfaction rather than to air critical appraisal of the Managers performance.

I wish it would stop.

Terry - I think you'll find he does respond - in fact I find it tiresome and unwanted criticism of paying supporters. And I have absolutely no issue with anyone airing dissatisfaction with him - why should we not? His performance this season is quite frankly not good enough - what do you expect from supporters especially on a forum.

i'm afraid Terry like it or not - there is no hiding place for an underperforming villa manager - it comes with the territory.

i would add that I catagorically do not endorse any form of personal abuse 

11 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

My word, what a silly post.

I’m viewing the posts from the point of view of someone who isn’t totally obsessed with Steve Bruce, constantly sniping and throwing juvenile insults, while twisting every topic to do with Aston Villa back to Steve Bruce.

So I have a different view of what is and isn’t “silly”. ?

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Rigo clearly has a crush on me.

I've told him I'll dress up like Rafa for him but I think it scared him off.

Rigo? I'll call you Axel in bed. Fancy it?

Yeah I must have???... considering you're the one who follows me round Villa talk forums.

As for dressing up like a Spanish dude then calling out a Man Utd players' name in bed... I am beginning to worry about you even more than before.

Change the meds pal.  ;)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I’m viewing the posts from the point of view of someone who isn’t totally obsessed with Steve Bruce, constantly sniping and throwing juvenile insults, while twisting every topic to do with Aston Villa back to Steve Bruce.

So I have a different view of what is and isn’t “silly”. ?

Hmmm, totally obsessed. Interesting that people may dare to discuss Steve Bruce in the Steve Bruce thread :crylaugh:

• Haha 3

I can't imagine there are any plans to sack Bruce at this stage. Regardless of how bang average our football has been and how much of an egotistical prick he can be, we are still 6th. The board are probably thinking that it has been shit at times but we're still 6th so it's too early for them to pull the trigger.

Sadly.

Seven gone, apparently.  Here.

Aston Villa have got rid of seven members of their scouting staff in the first major change since new owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens arrived, reports the Daily Mail.

The new regime plan to put their own stamp on Villa's transfer dealings and several members of staff have been let go including Tommy Mooney, who had been acting as Villa's loans manager.

Six other scouts have been let go but the highest profile departure is Ian Atkins, who was brought to the club by former technical director Steve Round in 2016.
Ian Atkins

Atkins joined Villa as chief scout and put names to manager Steve Bruce and the hierarchy ahead of transfer windows.

Round, who left Villa over the summer along with former CEO Keith Wyness, recruited several scouts to keep track of targets across the globe.

Three more of those scouts have been deemed surplus to requirements at Villa Park whilst scout co-ordinators John Harrower and Mark Britland have also been let go.

It’s thought Villa are on the hunt for a new sporting director as they reshape their scouting system.

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I can't imagine there are any plans to sack Bruce at this stage. Regardless of how bang average our football has been and how much of an egotistical prick he can be, we are still 6th. The board are probably thinking that it has been shit at times but we're still 6th so it's too early for them to pull the trigger.

Sadly.

I actually think its in the pipeline, which is why he can't control his emotions. He broke a major rule slagging off the fans, the end is surely nigh 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I actually think its in the pipeline, which is why he can't control his emotions. He broke a major rule slagging off the fans, the end is surely nigh 

I agree.  Several people have described his comments as arrogant.  It comes across to me more as defensive, and a bit hopeless, something indicating a lack of control and being out of his depth.

• Like 1

Â