Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Last nights abject performance was more ammunition for those of us who want him gone. There's loads of talent in that team now and more than enough to be in the top two. The only thing we are missing is a centre back and a competent manager. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The rules need to be changed though, we can't be allowed to be the only club to buy and sell players, it gives others a head start on us.

Also, maybe we need to look at training, perhaps going with three at the back in pre season, changing it for the first game, and then changing it again a few games later. I think chopping and changing players will help them all settle too.

Am I mad?

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Tearing my hair out with rage behind the sofa like you wouldn't believe!

Despite your conclusions that you've arrived at, it was a massive 3pts for the Villa!

Well I mean you literally said you didn't want us to get 6 points out of this week's games. So it wasn't a hard conclusion to come to.

wow for all the (at times personal) abuse that's been given towards Bruce there are quite a few sensitive little souls when digs appear to be turned back towards them aren't there...which for the record i don't think they were as he specifically mentions press

i actually do think he had a point regarding the atmosphere at the grounds...i dont think the views of many on here reflect the wider fanbase, as it would have been evil last night if it did

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

This is the "lovely man" steve bruces post match comments...

The most intelligent people will see through all the nonsense and realise that we’ve got the makings of a decent team,” Bruce said.
“We’re Aston Villa and the expectation at the club is huge, I understand that.
But a little bit of common sense is needed because unfortunately it filters through to the mad few.

Thankfully we’re back on the road again and we’re now into sixth.
Hopefully it shuts a few of them up but I doubt it.

As for debates about whether I should be in a job or shouldn’t be, I think my record speaks for itself.”

Sorry steve on behalf of all us thick blind fans..

Again demonstrating why he is a total ****!.

Total professionalism.

The sooner he is gone the better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You two sound like a married couple ?

Rigo clearly has a crush on me.

I've told him I'll dress up like Rafa for him but I think it scared him off.

Rigo? I'll call you Axel in bed. Fancy it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Is it wrong that I kinda get where Steve is coming from? 

Although the performances need to be better and the defence situation is a shambles, I expect us to improve dramatically and be up there, we have Abraham’s, bolasie, mcginn, grealish and el ghazar all to learn eachothers natural game, once they do that can you imagine how dangerous we COULD look going forward. 

If I was him I’d personally want to bash you a-holes too ?

That is what he should be saying though!  Explain that and be bullish about we will get better as they learn from each other and nobody would moan about his press conference.  Obviously even Stevie Wonder can see that we are disjointed and play shite for most of the 90 mins. If you come out after and say we won but we have to play better and say I think we will as we bond then no one can argue.

Edited by S-Platt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

That is what he should be saying though!  Explain that and be bullish about we will get better as they learn from each other and nobody we would moan about his press conference.  Obviously even Stevie Wonder can see that we are disjointed and play shite for most of the 90 mins. If you come out after and say we won but we have to play better and say I think we will as we bond then no one can argue.

I stopped caring what he has to say a long time ago. Too much ego. Keep winning games and say what you want Steve. Just get ready for a backlash if we go on a losing run. 

• Like 1

My guess he knows he is being watched like a hawk by the new owners and is trying to justify everything he does; he brings up Jedinak and says he received some criticism from “some quarters” so he will carry on playing Jedinak as a way of saying he knows what he is doing and to prove people wrong. I have no problem with that if it works but we have seen time and time again that doesn’t work and there is no doubt in my mind Jedinak will mess up again at the back. He claims he has tried to play 2 upfront for a while but couldn’t do so, why couldn’t he do so? He has for the majority of the time had two strikers on match days. Throughout his career I’m not sure he has played 2 upfront the majority of the time either? What he says and what we see on the pitch are two completely different situations. You can tell he is genuinely annoyed the local paper dare question him.. just carry on winning Steve and some of the criticism will rightly disappear. 

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Is it wrong that I kinda get where Steve is coming from? 

Although the performances need to be better and the defence situation is a shambles, I expect us to improve dramatically and be up there, we have Abraham’s, bolasie, mcginn, grealish and el ghazar all to learn eachothers natural game, once they do that can you imagine how dangerous we COULD look going forward. 

If I was him I’d personally want to bash you a-holes too ?

The problem is, he’s had a strong squad the entire time that he’s been our manager and yet we are still not a good team as a collective.  In this a-hole’s opinion of course. 

• Haha 1

You don't think all the shit on the clubs twitter gets fed back to him in any way?

Team announcements are met with hundreds of messages saying what a load of shit & he doesn't know what he is doing, Bruce out etc. all through the games the same & after the match the same thing, We only won because our players are better, Bruce is lucky etc...

Man city, Barcelona,  Liverpool, Real Madrid etc win most games for the same reason, It doesn't require some tactical genius, If you have far better players than the opposition you should generally win more often than lose for the simple reason that they are more likely to do something that will change the game in your favour.

We won 2-0 at a stroll against a team that offered pretty much nothing, Takes 2 teams to make a game and there was only one trying to do anything on the pitch for about 80 minutes last night

In his interview he said the bit about having two up top and being something he’s wanted to do for a long time but hasnt been able to.  

I dont rememeber us doing this when we had all the strikers avaialble. Is it me with selective memory or steve? Also notice how at that point he starts scratching the side of mouth, commanly interpreted as an indication of deception, that or covering the mouth or scratching nose is a comman gesture if lying. Or maybe he wasnt, i just have an interest in psychology and asses to much. 

What really gets me though is his insistance to verbally shut down any critisim of him as soon as someone even dares to question him. He is very derogatory about critics, calling them mad. Which in Collymore’s case is very insensitive in regards his mental health issues over the years (if it was aimed at him and no matter how much of a nob he is)

please just leave, so bored of the whole steve bruce show now.

8 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

You don't think all the shit on the clubs twitter gets fed back to him in any way?

You know SB is one of these lads who doesn't know what twitter is. He probably has a Nokia 3310 that has 8 numbers in it. Rings up JT's voice mail every night just to hear his voice before bed. 

• Haha 1

Â