Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You must be proper gutted tonight. You know, with us winning and all. 

(Oh and I’ve been Bruce Out for months. I’m sure you knew that though)

Tearing my hair out with rage behind the sofa like you wouldn't believe!

Despite your conclusions that you've arrived at, it was a massive 3pts for the Villa!

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Spoilt with most these players. Its like a lottery winner buying a Porsche with no idea what it actually does. if he don't still go, we need to see some proper quality football coming out of this club. 

I've no doubt in my mind whatsoever, another manager could piss the league with these players.

I don’t think they could, and that’s mainly because our squad is so wildly imbalanced.  Bruce has sacked off a load of our defenders and not replaced them (or whoever is now responsible for transfers hasn’t replaced them).

Now, it’d be much more entertaining giving the league a proper Kevin Keegan style go at it and just score a load but I don’t think Bruce can do this. So just a mash of very good attacking players who could probably overpower most teams if they had a solid defence behind them... which they don’t, as our defence (including DM) just hasn’t been improved at all.

As such, I think another manager would do better and absolutely play entertaining football, but I don’t think we’ve got a squad that can piss this league - which is ridiculous as, given some of these signings, I think we could have got that fairly easily. 

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Tearing my hair out with rage behind the sofa like you wouldn't believe!

Despite your conclusions that you've arrived at, it was a massive 3pts for the Villa!

Your first comment was “all the Bruce supporters will be pleased!” which, by its very nature, implies that you aren’t.

Just now, bobzy said:

Your first comment was “all the Bruce supporters will be pleased!” which, by its very nature, implies that you aren’t.

You obviously don't post in here enough to realise I was taking the piss Bobzy.

Your sarcasm reader on the low end tonight is it mate?  ;)

What's surprised me is his constant irritation to getting criticised when we don't win for 3/4 games. Constant sarcastic use of "crisis" in his post match interview tonight. Guy played for Man. United for years, the exact same thing happens there when they don't win for a few games as we saw just a few weeks back so I find it odd he can't seem to handle things and that probably shows why he's never got close to managing a big club in the premier league.

I would like him to save the "I told you so" post match interviews for when we actually get promoted...if he's still here of course.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

As expected, his post match comments were ridiculous. He's a massive prick. 

I'm guessing he boasted about beating Realtherham and mentioned the "crisis" he has in his head (created by his negative tactics).

• Like 1

I’m very happy we’ve won and delighted that we are now only two points from second. It means that we are in a reasonably strong position to get promoted, which is what everyone wants. I don’t think for a minute that one result makes any difference to the owners opinion on the managerial position, whether that is stick or twist. But what it does mean is that they aren’t forced into taking a manager without proper planning. Perhaps they are waiting to appoint a director of football first and involve him in the process. Perhaps they can’t get who they really want right now and are prepared to wait until they can. I’d hope that those people advising them, are saying that there is no need to panic, we’re not getting cut adrift and it’s still a long way until January before we can do anything about players in or out whoever the manager is.

Either way I can’t see them thinking, we really kicked Rotherham’s ass, let’s give Steve a new five year contract. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It's an odd one isn't it?

To outside supporters looking at the table, we'd look like a bunch of ingrates.

But we know. WE KNOW.

“Ingrates” would be a nice way of putting it.

Raving lunatics who have completely lost any sense of perspective and balance might be more accurate.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Facebook is still full of idiots that evidently judge him game by game and if you’re not 100% behind everything he does “you’re not a real fan” types. 

Thank McGrath we have this place to come to then eh :D

This is the "lovely man" steve bruces post match comments...

The most intelligent people will see through all the nonsense and realise that we’ve got the makings of a decent team,” Bruce said.
“We’re Aston Villa and the expectation at the club is huge, I understand that.
“But a little bit of common sense is needed because unfortunately it filters through to the mad few.

Thankfully we’re back on the road again and we’re now into sixth.
“Hopefully it shuts a few of them up but I doubt it.”

As for debates about whether I should be in a job or shouldn’t be, I think my record speaks for itself.”

Sorry steve on behalf of all us thick blind fans..

Edited by Uncle Albert
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

"When you make so many changes, and many not coming through the door until the end of the window, it can take time for everyone to settle down and get to know each other both on and off the park." said the manager in his programme notes before picking his fourth different back four in four games.

Then wouldn't the solution be to play the same back four regularly?

Edit: Or the same team for that matter.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

3 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

This is the "lovely man" steve bruces post match comments...

The most intelligent people will see through all the nonsense and realise that we’ve got the makings of a decent team,” Bruce said.
“We’re Aston Villa and the expectation at the club is huge, I understand that.
“But a little bit of common sense is needed because unfortunately it filters through to the mad few.

Thankfully we’re back on the road again and we’re now into sixth.
“Hopefully it shuts a few of them up but I doubt it.”

As for debates about whether I should be in a job or shouldn’t be, I think my record speaks for itself.”

Sorry steve on behalf of all us thick blind fans..

Non of that was in the video above. 

Edit: He is still under massive pressure by the sounds of it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â