Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Do you really think he has done that to us?

I think there is a clear distinction between failing to get us promotion ( to date) and having a detrimental affect on the club.

I am far from happy in what I am witnessing on match day.... a tad better last night, but still many faults.....but to insinuate he is ****ing the club up......Nah.

I can think of many managers who fall in to that category, but not Bruce, sorry.....you may want him gone and you may be right....but that rhetoric is wrong IMO

Let’s see what legacy he leaves and the state of the club afterwards shall we .... You may see it differently but the damage this man has left in his wake at clubs previously.......

If we do not go up this summer the financial picture with majorly reduced  parachute payments to work with is bleak.... We will be in deep trouble.. I blame this failing squarely on Steve ( 4 promotions ) Bruce 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Middlesbrough, Stoke and Leeds for me.  Then we're a close run thing with Derby and West Brom behind that.

We should be a top 6 side this season.

Sorry, no way Leeds have a better squad than us, or even Middlesbrough for that matter. Just because they're top doesn't mean they have a great squad, they don't have anywhere near the depth we have.

I'd say Stoke is the only squad that can match ours and maybe West Brom.

17 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm probably going to upset two or three posters on this thread, but what the heck.

I had a conversation a couple of years ago with a member of the 'Flat Earth Society' who sneered at my opinion that the Earth was spherical. He condescendingly dismissed my view and stated that pictures of a round earth were photoshopped, and that NASA secretly guarded the edges of our planetary disc to stop people falling off! 

I see this phenomenon happening on here with a handful of posters who wish to ignore the evidence,  while shaking their heads pityingly at those of us who don't share there opinion .... in my opinion of course.?

Weird this perception thing eh?

Over the last few weeks I've seen people who very clearly want Bruce sacked for a load of different reasons voice their opinions (fair to say the majority of posts recently), some claim that they are persecuted for it. Or (my personal favourite so far) "not allowed" their own opinion even.

Whereas on the other side there's a few people who may or may not agree with many of those same points, but would not pull the trigger just yet, and that they are labelled foolish, idiots and sneered at like you say. (I suppose we would have to include Wes Edens/Nassef Sawiris et al among this number.....)

I suppose they are not entirely mutually exclusive things. But the Bruce-out protest thread for instance is full of people who want him sacked but were very dismissive of the idea to protest. Where does that fit into your analogy?

The constant framing of the argument as an us v them thing is tiresome.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The ball is in his court.

Couldn't agree more. Two massive games against Sheff Weds (Who could be above us when we face them) and Bristol City the following Friday.

And then the midweek visit of Preston before we go off to Millwall before the international break.

None of them easy games. All totally winnable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

So is it that we've assembled a limited squad or that the squad we have should be walking the league?

:detect: 

Well it’s probably a little of both. We do indeed have a lot of talent in some positions, which I feel we should be exploiting more. However as you rightly point out there are some rather alarming deficiencies particularly at CB. 

If you believe the manager has assembled a well balanced squad and is getting the very best out of them then that’s fair enough. If you don’t believe that to be the case, which I don’t believe you do, then you must accept that a fair number of fans will feel justified in pointing critical fingers at him. 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

If you think that is what it amounts to....as opposed to trying to be reasonable, and attempts at a balanced view then that's your call Dave.

peace be with you, brother.

I think you know that my comment was reasonably tongue in cheek. Unless you do sit with the Bruce entourage, in which case I would have thought you may have pointed out one or two of his obvious tactical deficiencies in the hope they may have reached the ear of the great man. 

May peace also reach your claret and blue soul brother. 

• Like 1

We're really only lacking in central defence, but that doesn't render our squad barely top 6 all of a sudden. We are absolutely stacked in the midfield, winger and striker departments and are well stocked at full back. We have full internationals all over the pitch and on the bench. We're literally 1, maybe 2 center backs away from having a squad that nobody in this league can touch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Sorry, no way Leeds have a better squad than us, or even Middlesbrough for that matter. Just because they're top doesn't mean they have a great squad, they don't have anywhere near the depth we have.

This is true, but their manager is on another planet to Steve Bruce, and that's making the difference. Imagine what Bielsa would achieve with our lot?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm probably going to upset two or three posters on this thread, but what the heck.

I had a conversation a couple of years ago with a member of the 'Flat Earth Society' who sneered at my opinion that the Earth was spherical. He condescendingly dismissed my view and stated that pictures of a round earth were photoshopped, and that NASA secretly guarded the edges of our planetary disc to stop people falling off! 

I see this phenomenon happening on here with a handful of posters who wish to ignore the evidence,  while shaking their heads pityingly at those of us who don't share there opinion .... in my opinion of course.?

Image result for flat earth image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

No Roof, Bamford, Hernandez and Beradi is akin to no Abraham, Kodija, Grealish and maybe Elmo. 

Yet they destroyed Preston. Maybe not a squad as strong as ours but something is definitely working. 

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is true, but their manager is on another planet to Steve Bruce, and that's making the difference. Imagine what Bielsa would achieve with our lot?

I guess we’ll never know. 

Biesla and Nuno having massive pedigree and the owners of the two clubs showed real ambition by recruiting them both. 

If our owners have the same ambition then they will eventually have to do something similar. 

• Like 1

Last night my boy wanted to wait back and try and get some signatures on his shirt. While Bruce was singing my lads top a few fans walking past started, shall we say, giving him tactical advice. Nothing massively aggressive, just stuff like: 

'Brucie, stick to fecking 2 up top'

Bruce actually looked a bit intimidated by it, and my 14yr old boy bless him said 'don't listen boss you're doing a great job'. Bruce was actually taken aback by it, he actually stepped back and said 'thank you son, i really appreciate that'

When we was walking back to the car i said my lad 'where did that come from? You're not a fan of Bruce either'

He said 'i know Dad, but its not nice to see people getting shouted at so i thought I'd say something nice.

It was a nice moment. 

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I guess we’ll never know. 

Biesla and Nuno having massive pedigree and the owners of the two clubs showed real ambition by recruiting them both. 

If our owners have the same ambition then they will eventually have to do something similar. 

Mate i  don't watch or follow any European football so this is a genuine question because i don't know, but was the Wolves manager a massive coup? I'd honestly never heard of the bloke. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Mate i  don't watch or follow any European football so this is a genuine question because i don't know, but was the Wolves manager a massive coup? I'd honestly never heard of the bloke. 

Kind of. He got Valencia to 4th which is pretty impressive considering that league is pretty much a 3 horse race every season. 

I reckon the fact his CV consisted of Valencia and Porto suggests it was a pretty good move for a Championship club. 

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No Roof, Bamford, Hernandez and Beradi is akin to no Abraham, Kodija, Grealish and maybe Elmo. 

Yet they destroyed Preston. Maybe not a squad as strong as ours but something is definitely working. 

All of those players played against Rotherham a month ago, The result, Leeds 2 - 0 Rotherham...

26 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

All of those players played against Rotherham a month ago, The result, Leeds 2 - 0 Rotherham...

Yes I watched that game with my mates whos a Leeds fan. It was a poor performance by Leeds. They could have got beaten. It’s one of the reasons I wasn’t that disheartened by yesterday’s game like many were. Rotherham are not as bad as people think. 

• Like 1

Â