Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I'm as depressed as anyone, having defended the guy previously after this sort of thing. I always felt he needed to be judged around about now, he has a great window to get some players in and did, at least attackers - but he has fudged up his main strength which is his ability to sort a defence. He now offers, basically, nothing. 

Sorry - AND he got to keep the core of a team which nearly won promotion. He has gone backwards, fast.

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 3

Must say that in the press conference before the game although he praised Christian Purslow, he didn't look that happy talking about him... 

After the last performances my patience is running out very quickly now. It proves that the previous good performances were just a temporary high like we have seen before, winning games because the players were fired up and opposition being weak. After that we have reverted to what we have seen over the last years.

Had we played well and lost it would have been another story. But this was really crap. Like the last game. He bashed the players after the last game and said there would be changes. So what will he do now? Will he bash these players as well and next game play the ones he just criticised? He has dug himself in a hole and it's difficult to see him climb back out of it.

I'd be happy to see him sacked in the morning.

I can accept these kind of results happen now and again, but off the back of the last 4 games, it's completely unacceptable to capitulate like that. 

I'm not normally the sort to change my view off the back of one game, but it smacks of a downward spiral and another two steps back.

The leftback and centre half situation is a bit of a disgrace as well. 

Time for a change. 

Edited by wazzap24

I wonder if Alex Bruce will pipe up this time. 

He has had enough time and backing, and we are performing worse than ever before. He looks like he’s lost the players and they has lost faith in him. 

Got to go before it’s too late and another season wasted!

The defence is a major issue - as it appears is the goalkeeping position.  However, I think a good manager can plug the holes with a bit of organisation and by actually playing people in their proper positions.  A bad player playing out of position is a bigger liability than a bad player playing in their "recognised" position.  Midfield and attack looks promising on paper if we can start playing to their strengths - which unsurprisingly isn't an aimless hoof from the halfway line.  Should be possible to stay within touch of the playoffs until the next window - unless Chester gets injured.  But if we play like we have the last 4 matches we will be nearer the bottom than the top.

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

In what way?

I think there is something behind the scenes, we don't know about.

its almost like he is commiting football hary  cary.

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's the latter for me.  The new owners have told him to sign young players, and play attacking football, and he hasn't got a **** clue.

Agree, he's not himself, therefore we need someone who is.

he had one strength and that was to build a strong defense. we now have a defense that is leaking more than the titanic so what does he have? nothing. our movement hasn't improved an iota even though he has pointed this out as a problem. our players look absolutely lost STILL after hundreds of games. what in the actual hell is he doing in training? I'm so fed up with how inconsistent we are. he's had all the time in the world to make incremental improvements and we're now looking absolute dogshite. time or a change.

Big personalities bailed him out last year like Terry and Snodgrass. Those performances against Bristol City at home and Wolves we're just getting the lads fired up for a one off game type stuff. Pure emotional energy performances. And then back to normal thereafter. His time is up. Purslow do your thing.

Â