Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think it's both tonight.

I don't think he coaches any style into the team, but I also don't think he coaches Hourihane to lose his ability to pass the ball even the shortest of distances.

Tactics were crap, as usual, but a lot of unforced errors from the players too.

Agreed, but a gameplan breeds confidence. Without a plan it becomes amateurish, which acts as a great leveler against teams that lack our individual quality. 

13 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Nothing

He makes himself look a fool saying he had a great debut

Clean sheet, saved a penalty, saved every shot on goal. I mean it may not be great but thats enough to give the lad a boost in his post match interview no?

• Like 1

so we have read many posts in this thread that say....

the players we have are not technically good enough for a pressing game

we need more players with steel and put our foot on the ball

we need to play the youngsters more

the style of football does not matter, its all about results

well, other than the result how can anybody be happy with that garbage? how? 

it was embarrassing to watch. player for player we are better than Yeovil. effort and energy belonged to Yeovil, tactics belonged to Yeovil.

he talks a good talk and has the press/media on his side.....but jeez....if this was a film or stage play it would be slated by the critics, but somehow in football he gets away with it.

3 wins out of 3, plenty good enough....how we've got there, not good enough.

• Like 2

3 wins in a row..

Against weak opposition and we still look unconvincing.

I just cannot see this team getting promoted with Bruce in charge.

It's shameful that we continue to look this poor for nearly two years of his management. 

We will be found out against better opposition in this league.

Let's see how long Bruce and co can ride this gravy train for..

• Haha 1

So relieved to hear Bruce say he's looking at bringing one or two more players in. That defensive unit tonight, keeper included, was terrifying to watch. He needs to sign two centre backs and a left back as a matter of priority.

• Like 1

I realise now Bruce is shit scared of losing a game, as he will probably be on his way after a few losses. Although I guess its the only way I can justify this god awful football he is teaching this team to play.

Sit back, long ball, defend defend defend. Invite the pressure, long ball, ooops a goal 1-0 Villa.

An before everyone jumps on my back, yes its 3 wins, but wait untill we play someone half decent, reminds me a bit of another team recently.

6 minutes ago, villarocker said:

So relieved to hear Bruce say he's looking at bringing one or two more players in. That defensive unit tonight, keeper included, was terrifying to watch. He needs to sign two centre backs and a left back as a matter of priority.

We'd still need a striker and wide midfielder.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

At least he's stood in front of the cameras and shown how annoyed he is with that "performance".

Absolutely not good enough, again, but he's not tried to dress it up at all.

Heard it all too many times. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I realise now Bruce is shit scared of losing a game, as he will probably be on his way after a few losses. Although I guess its the only way I can justify this god awful football he is teaching this team to play.

Sit back, long ball, defend defend defend. Invite the pressure, long ball, ooops a goal 1-0 Villa.

An before everyone jumps on my back, yes its 3 wins, but wait untill we play someone half decent, reminds me a bit of another team recently.

I dread the upcoming home fixture against Brentford. Keep playing like we do, they will annihilate us.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, macandally said:

I note the criticism of the players in the match thread, but do you know what, you have to give them a fighting chance.  Have a system, have a structure and do the fundamentals well.  We have none of those things so the older players don’t stand a chance, never mind the kids.

Now listening to Bruce blame the team, for God’s sake coach them!

This club is turning into a graveyard for players, the longer they are here, the poorer they become.

Best post of the day

Â