Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Couldn't watch this but was it that bad?  63% possession, 12 shots... would have liked to kill off Yeovil more effectively, but 3 wins from 3 in August after a summer where we thought we were going out of business is not a bad start... I was pleased to see we had looked to control it and played a few of the young lads, so surprised to read the reactions here to SB.

It really was that bad - possession without threat, confidence-sapping performance for the youngsters, confirmation that our second-string (and many of our first string) are nowhere near good enough and no evidence at all of a coherent plan or approach

A scraped win against an enthusiastic but limited Yeovil side 

We are commencing SBs third season with no sense of what it is we are trying to do

No solace at all from a truly dismal performance 

• Like 3

Having Bruce as manager is like playing tennis with both hands tied behind your back.  We have some real talent at Villa and yet collectively we are significantly lesser than the sum of our parts. Who else to blame if not Brucie! I know we won but the results will soon begin to keep pace with the performances. Woeful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

The football is ugly and we were very lucky tonight. But three wins out of three isn't too bad really. 

In the end I'd like a manager that sets a style of play and knows how to create attacking football. For the time being though I'm just pleased we're winning. 

We're lucky to be winning.

The luck will wear off.

Then what?

• Like 2

We've won 3 games and I still want to cry. We're just so poor to watch it gives me a nose bleed. The Gods are with us, but for how long?

Sorry. I think we need a change. Time to part company with Mr Bruce in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

SB thinks the keeper had a great debut ?

Confidence, protecting him. He had some very shaky moments but saved a penalty and played infront of two centre backs who never play with each other.

17 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Couldn't watch this but was it that bad?  63% possession, 12 shots... would have liked to kill off Yeovil more effectively, but 3 wins from 3 in August after a summer where we thought we were going out of business is not a bad start... I was pleased to see we had looked to control it and played a few of the young lads, so surprised to read the reactions here to SB.

I only saw the second half but no it wasnt bad at all. It was a good game (as in entertaining, veuase it was open most of our outfield players played below average imho) and a good performance from bruce balancing rotation with the result. I wont put words in the mouths of those who dont care for Bruce, they can speak for themselves, but for me he didnt do much wrong tonight at all, in fact i rated him as "good" in the past match ratings. Shrug, funny how different fans can see the same game and have radically different conclusions. Football i guess :)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

1 minute ago, Dick said:

Bruce sounds very stressed, pressure really on him and he knows it.

I would put my house on Bruce not being our manager by the new year. 

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I only saw the second half but no it wasnt bad at all. It was a good game (as in entertaining) and a good performance from bruce balancing rotation with the result. I wont put words in the mouths of those who dont care for Bruce, they can speak for themselves, but for me he didnt do much wrong tonight at all, in fact i rated him as "good" in the past match ratings. Shrug, funny how different fans can see the same game and have radically different conclusions. Football i guess :)

Only seeing the second half only tells half the story.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Confidence, protecting him. He had some very shaky moments but saved a penalty and played infront of two centre backs who never play with each other.

Maybe - I certainly hope that’s true because I thought (penalty save aside) it was one of the worst debuts I’ve witnessed 

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

At least he's stood in front of the cameras and shown how annoyed he is with that "performance".

Absolutely not good enough, again, but he's not tried to dress it up at all.

To be fair mate, how many times has he stood infront of the cameras and said the same? He can't keep blaming the players. 

Â