Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

@terrytini my views on Bruce & the long term/short term have been put forward in this thread many times. I don’t feel the need to go over it again just because you didn’t appreciate me making a joke towards the people who, as I’ve repeated about 4 times in the last hour, said that a win today was basically impossible.

I don't get why making a prediction about a football game and getting it wrong is worthy of ridicule.

Bruce will not get enough luck to get us up so therefore the summer hes gone if the miracle of us getting promoted comes Bruce will be paid off Tony xia will invest heavily and will not back Bruce factors for this assessent are villa would need at least 10 players the whole club will need to be shuffled we hae far too many players not good enough to go up. Xia in my opinion will invest but never in Bruce signings so that leads to Bruce going

Edited by villan501

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You post with the sole intention of winding people up and you want me to 'have a day off'

Hilarious  

Look at how many angry replies a simple joke post has received. It’s not life or death. People said we wouldn’t win, and we did. It doesn’t really deserve all of this...

Spoiler

hysteria?

I have been out at a family do all afternoon so only seen the short highlights.

Delighted with the result of course, the “icing” of a great performance would have been great but I don’t mind at this stage. We just have to get out of this division by hook or by crook in my opinion.

Im impressed that Bruce managed to react to the bad news of losing 2 key players and still setup a system that won without conceding.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I don't get why making a prediction about a football game and getting it wrong is worthy of ridicule.

It isn’t. But you’re making one glaring mistake in that post. I wasn’t aiming it at the people who predicted a loss. I was aiming it at the people who guaranteed a loss. People were making comments like ‘Bruce will not pick up another point in the next two games’ with such certainty that anyone who challenged that just got belly-laughed at.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I imagine that banner idea of yours will get about as far as your protest ideas :D Go ahead though. I wouldn’t be against that banner, as Bruce’s comments are ill advised.

Reveal hidden contents

If you seriously want to organise a banner then contact Project B6 on twitter. 

Nice one Rob. ;):thumb:

• Like 1

Let's be fair to Bruce and the team for one moment, despite the fact the football is dour, we are level on points in 6th, are only 7 points off second and, have a new first team coach that might bring about a change in style once he has had a few weeks here. Also, we've got players to come back and play most of the top teams around us at Villa Park where we - the fans - have a chance to be the 12th man and make the important difference. 

That's the positive side of things. 

My only hope is the football style can change enough to get us wins against the big boys as well as the also-rans. If it does, Bruce can stay as long as the victories keep coming. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not offended but if you don't mind the manager of the team you have followed all your life coming out giving the big I am with stupid comments after he has served us shit most of the season then that is your prerogative! - most of us however are fed up of the arsehole and it is just unacceptable.

Banner similar to the O'Leary reign for the Bristol Game anyone?

It's not Hysteria - We just don't like you!

I would love to see that banner

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Couldn’t agree less.

Firstly, all Clubs fans react to poor results, and considering the tripe we’ve put up with for years I actually think we are incredibly patient and supportive.

Secondly, yes,  the level of criticism changes on results, but in his favour too - every time we put a couple of wins together his name is chanted.

You yourself have commented that the fans at games rarely give him stick.

DESPITE consistently average ( that’s charitable) performances and results.

Massive difference between arrogance/ self belief and being patronising and insulting.

You think HE is frustrated ?

He gets paid a fortune to do his part, we PAY a fortune to do ours......a guy with all his “ experience” ought to at least - at worst - keep quiet about his frustration.

The ONLY person responsible for the criticism he gets is him, and I’m sick of him adding to this insulting narrative about the fans in order to basically create a cover for himself if/ when he fails.

I agree with much of what you say here. The biggest part I disagree with in that he is arrogant as I don't think he is and I don't find his comments patronising.

I don't think he is having a dig at those who go to the games as the reaction to him as always been very positive aside from the other night where he got some stick and I think acknowledged straight after that the reaction from the supporters was warranted and he'd have done the same. I think his mass hysteria comments are based on social media reactions and I think he'd be best off keeping well clear of that.

The bottom line is that the best way to shut any of us up is to win games. He has certainly pipped me down today by us winning as I was ready to go off on one after the first half today and I guess that will remain the case until the next poor result/run of results. I don't know what that makes me as a fan but I think probably someone who is not sure if Bruce is the right man or not to get us up this season and whose opinion or desire to want him out or be happy for him to remain is still very much in the balance and can be influenced by single results.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I agree with much of what you say here. The biggest part I disagree with in that he is arrogant as I don't think he is and I don't find his comments patronising.

I don't think he is having a dig at those who go to the games as the reaction to him as always been very positive aside from the other night where he got some stick and I think acknowledged straight after that the reaction from the supporters was warranted and he'd have done the same. I think his mass hysteria comments are based on social media reactions and I think he'd be best off keeping well clear of that.

The bottom line is that the best way to shut any of us up is to win games. He has certainly pipped me down today by us winning as I was ready to go off on one after the first half today and I guess that will remain the case until the next poor result/run of results. I don't know what that makes me as a fan but I think probably someone who is not sure if Bruce is the right man or not to get us up this season and whose opinion or desire to want him out or be happy for him to remain is still very much in the balance and can be influenced by single results.

Great post Mark. 

You see the same as most mate, the win is one thing but the type of football we play leaves every game in the balance. We simply do not play well enough to see us win a game comfortably and we go into every game with being confident of a win. 

Bruce will get plaudits if he gets us up, mainly because so may of us doubt he can manage it. I want him to succeed and want him to prove me wrong. I just doubt he can get us getting any form of decent football though - no matter whether he does or doesn't get us promoted. 

• Like 2

I’ve no idea why a good result here and there causes people to alter their views so easily ? @markavfc40 you were ready to go off on one but then we win and it’s, what ( I don’t want to put words in your mouth) ok ?

Thats what I was getting at the other day.

Weve had over 50 games. There’s been little difference overall in performance or product.

I can respect the views of those that want him to stay based on all that. I fully agree with those that don’t.

But I really struggle with those who change their view because we won ? Or who follow the “ 4 points he stays, 3 he goes” logic.

( and btw i do happen to think he’s arrogant but actually only mentioned the word as you used it in positive terms about him in the OP).

Mark his dig is made on mass media which is to everyone. Whether it encompasses fans who attend is anyone’s guess but he makes no distinction. He may not even read social media. He maybe been referring to the booing* and jeering at the final whistle the other night.

He shoukd shut up. He’s had more to say about “ the state of the Club” and the “ hysteria” than I’ve ever heard from him about his reasoning, his tactics, his ideas.

Im afraid whilst some clearly don’t care others simply don’t like being called hysterical. Especially when it’s part of a tried and trusted technique he has used before to pass the blame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The real problem for me is expecting managers (and players) to talk in front of camera immediately after a match and say anything remotely coherent, well-judged or balanced.

Here is Brucey who must have been under immense pressure from the Board after the last four games. He’s just won one that nobody - probably including him - expected Villa to win and you expect him to behave like the UN General Secretary? 

Give him a break, he’s human, he’s under pressure, he’s massively relieved. Interpret his comments in that light.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why the need for the dig at fans at EVERY opportunity?

Jesus Christ, after any positive result and slight Euphoria his comments always manage to just piss me off again.

He’s only made this and one other comment about “hysteria” once before hasn’t he?

I’m sure he is aware of what gets discussed on message boards like this and I’m sure he gets frustrated as he wants the same as us, to get promoted.

11 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I’ve no idea why a good result here and there causes people to alter their views so easily ? @markavfc40 you were ready to go off on one but then we win and it’s, what ( I don’t want to put words in your mouth) ok ?

Thats what I was getting at the other day.

Weve had over 50 games. There’s been little difference overall in performance or product.

I can respect the views of those that want him to stay based on all that. I fully agree with those that don’t.

But I really struggle with those who change their view because we won ? Or who follow the “ 4 points he stays, 3 he goes” logic.

It happens the other way too. A few games back the idea of removing Bruce would have been met with ridicule. 

I think they have a word for it.....o Learyism!

2 hours ago, av1 said:

anyone upset with a Villa win needs to take a long hard look at themselves. 

I’ve been staring at myself in the mirror for the last 2 hours! What next?

;)

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Let's be fair to Bruce and the team for one moment, despite the fact the football is dour, we are level on points in 6th, are only 7 points off second and, have a new first team coach that might bring about a change in style once he has had a few weeks here. Also, we've got players to come back and play most of the top teams around us at Villa Park where we - the fans - have a chance to be the 12th man and make the important difference. 

That's the positive side of things. 

My only hope is the football style can change enough to get us wins against the big boys as well as the also-rans. If it does, Bruce can stay as long as the victories keep coming. 

Hand on heart have you seen anything from Bruce to suggest for one moment that he would appoint a forward thinking and progressive coach to his back room staff?

• Like 2

Â