Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

i dont want bruce sacked because i think another manager will get us promoted this season.  i dont think protion this season is achievable regardless of who is in charge.

what i do want is an end to the shorttermist appointments and quick fix mentality as i dont think it works.  it certainly hasnt thus far.

i want a manager appointed who can bring an ethos, work ethic and style of play to the entire club.  with the right manager and coaches we could build an aston villa way - then as managers and players come and go we should be looking at bringing in people who fit our ethos and not be looking to rebuild every few years with a different way of doing things which is what has been happening for over a decade now.

the way the team plays should be consistent from grass roots to the first team. everyone at the club should have the same clear picture of who we are and what we are trying to achieve including the way we intend to achieve it.

bruce was never going to bring anything other than short termism to the club - by his own admission he doesnt coach the team and doesnt believe in tactics.  in the modern game this approach wont ever be successful over a prolonged period.  we need to move on and start looking at building something for 5-10 years down the road.  if that means staying in this league a few more years so be it - but it needs to happen and the sooner the better!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Junxs said:

Not me, I think if we played football like Brentford do or Wolves / Bristol City etc then our strikers Hogan, McCormack along with support players like Grealish, O'Hare, Snodgrass and Adomah would score bucket loads.

Too many people are buying into this theory that the squads not good so what can the manager do. They desperately need a plan and guidance to follow it from a proper attack minded set up

It's not as good as people think it is. Our top goalscorer is one of the worst players I've ever seen in a Villa shirt. 

What does that tell you?

2 minutes ago, sne said:

3 much needed points after yet another dismal performance.

Not that there was ever any doubt but I'm pretty sure this means Bruce is here for the remainder of the season.

I thought it was a hard fought 3 points. Did they even have a shot on goal? 

Hands up who is upset we won today. Be honest.

Brentford just beat managerless Sheffield Wednesday 2-0. As he was previously a Wednesday player, I wouldn't be surprised if they are interested. 

If the Villa see him as someone for the long term, they may need to do something about it now rather than wait to see what Bruce does for the rest of the season.

Scrappy game but the result will keep Bruce in a job a bit longer - we need to recruit well in January and get at least 2 players who will make a big improvement  - need to go on a winning run now and will see how it goes on Monday - happy new year all !

My concern is, that the board do realise that we are a poor side, they can see that we are building nothing for the future, they understand we could easily not get promoted and they realise that we’ve blown millions. But they know that the money is all gone and we can’t afford the cost of replacing him. They know we’re up the creek and so we’re stuck with Bruce. The damage done and being done could be immeasurable. 

On the other hand they could be utterly clueless and think he’s doing a good job. I don’t know which is worse. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Scrappy game but the result will keep Bruce in a job a bit longer - we need to recruit well in January and get at least 2 players who will make a big improvement  - need to go on a winning run now and will see how it goes on Monday - happy new year all !

I agree we need recruits, but last January we bought lots of players that we thought would improve us. Instead we just reduced their abilities down to our level. 

• Like 2

Â