Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Irrespective of my thoughts of whether Bruce should get another game or should go now, his post match comments were stupid. He’s doing himself no favours by acting like we’ve been ‘where we want to be’ in recent weeks, and that this win gets us back there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Irrespective of my thoughts of whether Bruce should get another game or should go now, his post match comments were stupid. He’s doing himself no favours by acting like we’ve been ‘where we want to be’ in recent weeks, and that this win gets us back there.

Yes.  Customer relations is one part of his job, and if he hasn't got the very basic common sense to avoid saying stupid things, you would imagine either Xia or Wyness would have the sense to set him right.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

You guys are pretty easily offended aren’t you. 

Not offended but if you don't mind the manager of the team you have followed all your life coming out giving the big I am with stupid comments after he has served us shit most of the season then that is your prerogative! - most of us however are fed up of the arsehole and it is just unacceptable.

Banner similar to the O'Leary reign for the Bristol Game anyone?

It's not Hysteria - We just don't like you!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He wanted to manage a big club with big expectations, but now he seems to want big expectations with no pressure when they are not being met? Can't have your cake and eat it sunshine.

He's forever small time, he really cannot deal with the expectations here. Funny how he used to parrot the "hysteria" line at Sunderland, the only other remotely big(ish) club he has ever managed. 

• Like 1

So injury forces Grealish on and sickness forces him to drop whelan and not play jedinak at cb. 

Yeah, we've got the right man  

IIRC correctly wasn't it illness and injury that rescued him when we smashed Norwich?

Hardly inspires faith does it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

So injury forces Grealish on and sickness forces him to drop whelan and not play jedinak at cb. 

Yeah, we've got the right man  

IIRC correctly wasn't it illness and injury that rescued him when we smashed Norwich?

Hardly inspires faith does it. 

Injuries forced him to play Adomah on the left

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Wasn't it yet more dross today? Sounded terrible on the radio commentary and seemed like we only improved after Grealish replaced Onomah, which is a bit of luck for Bruce. 

Fair play to the team for winning - I didn't expect anything from that game - but, the football still needs to improve if we are to have any chance of getting out of this league.

2 strokes of luck - whelan being ill which forced Bruce to play elphick in defence , and onomah going off injured which saw Grealish come on .

nice cameo from rhm too which bodes well 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Have a day off mate. Did I say we ‘would’ win? No I didn’t.

It’s as simple as this: I was one of the people who said ‘if’ we win then XYZ, whereas some people guffawed at that suggestion and said ‘We will not win’, so I thought it’d be nice for me to drop in and have a little poke at that.

You post with the sole intention of winding people up and you want me to 'have a day off'

Hilarious  

• Like 3

@terrytini my views on Bruce & the long term/short term have been put forward in this thread many times. I don’t feel the need to go over it again just because you didn’t appreciate me making a joke towards the people who, as I’ve repeated about 4 times in the last hour, said that a win today was basically impossible.

41 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Post match interview full of excuses for previous games and deflecting for future bad results. Like a guy that's terrible at his job trying to lower expectation 

It’s not like a guy that’s terrible at his jog trying to lower expectation, he IS a guy that’s terrible at his job trying to lower his expectations. 

16 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not offended but if you don't mind the manager of the team you have followed all your life coming out giving the big I am with stupid comments after he has served us shit most of the season then that is your prerogative! - most of us however are fed up of the arsehole and it is just unacceptable.

Banner similar to the O'Leary reign for the Bristol Game anyone?

It's not Hysteria - We just don't like you!

I imagine that banner idea of yours will get about as far as your protest ideas :D Go ahead though. I wouldn’t be against that banner, as Bruce’s comments are ill advised.

Spoiler

If you seriously want to organise a banner then contact Project B6 on twitter. 

• Like 1

Â