Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, lexicon said:

What do you want him to say exactly? And why are his words so important to you? 

I'm actually not too bothered about what he says but I am bothered about what he does, or in this case is not doing. He should have been working to improve the way we play, tactics etc. over the last few months given that he's long enough in the job to have his own style/tactics/formation/whatever firmly established. However from his continuous "it's not my fault, I'm overachieving with what I have, the clubs expectations are too high" comments then you have to assume that he thinks he's doing a great job and that his methods, his hiring of a new coach every two weeks are all working great when that's clearly not the case.

The issue I have is that if he doesn't know what the problem is, or accept that there's a problem at all how can he fix it?  If he is coming out in post match interviews and acknowledging that the performances are poor, despite a good result here and there, and that the style of play needs to improve then at least that would be a small sign that things might actually improve at some point. He never gives that impression. I believe he thinks he's doing at great job and when he finally leaves Villa he will continue to believe that and say as much. The media will also buy into that fallacy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce's post match interview comments won't do him any favours. "Saying things like shut a few people up" is abit stupid just enjoy the win.always belting Bristol city is **** stupid does the guy never learn

Cause he's a prick!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Hands up who is upset we won today. Be honest.

I want Bruce out as much as the next man (I'd sack him on the coach home if it was up to me), but anyone upset with a Villa win needs to take a long hard look at themselves. 

I'm absolutely over the moon we won. 

Bruce out. 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

Needs to do far better than that to shut a few people up - he was the one saying decenber was the big month for us - 6 points from 18 has hardly shut anyone up - it’s relagation form over the last 6 games 

Yes one win in 7 is poor it won't shut anyone up. Get us back up the table then you may be able to gloat.

but he does have a point about hen a couple results go wrong fans always calling for managers head. 

Just now, terrytini said:

I've never been upset to Win a game of Football in my life.

Whether this Win turns out to be a good thing is an entirely different matter.

!looking at the fixtures it’s a chance to really kick on nd apply pressure on those above us but I’m far from confident we will do so .

needs some decent loan signings to improve the side in January and a run of wins to get back to where we need to be and today was a dreadful game to watch so hardly Instils confidence that we will kick on 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce's post match interview comments won't do him any favours. "Saying things like shut a few people up" is abit stupid just enjoy the win.always belting Bristol city is **** stupid does the guy never learn

He did that earlier in the season the first time we didn't look an utter dogshit. It is incredible really and highlights the fact he believes he is doing a good job, and there is nothing wrong with the job he is doing. Which is why he will never improve and why he has never improved. Why 20 years in the job he is still around at this level, playing the same **** shit.

No self awareness. Huge ego.

• Like 2

I think if the performance was better than we have got used to, then people would believe it is more than papering over the cracks. But as ever the result could easily have gone the other way or been a draw. That is the whole point with Bruce, the results are anyone’s guess, but the performances are on the whole pretty much the same. So winning a game against another average team is more or less down to the law of averages. Where we do see consistency is in the results against top 6 teams where we never win and the difference in quality is highlighted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes one win in 7 is poor it won't shut anyone up. Get us back up the table then you may be able to gloat.

but he does have a point about hen a couple results go wrong fans always calling for managers head. 

Yeah, it don't helped when its backed up by dour shit football week after week.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not really , he’s had 50 games here so I don’t think  people are judging him on just the last 2 games 

• Like 4

Just now, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Bruce seems to always get a result when he is on the verge. If we continue to win after this result, then we cannot complain.

Well done today Steve. I’m not fully convinced you are the man for the required job, but I’m more convinced than I was at 2pm today.

I'd still sack him!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think this only happens when the fans don't think the manager is up to the job in the first place. When a good manager goes through a "blip" then the fans will stick with him because they know he's a good manager, for example the fans won't turn on Benitez at Newcastle regardless of how many bad results come their way. Can't imagine too many Watford fans are turning on Marco Silva either. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ecstatic about the win.

Didn't see the game, but from the sounds of it, we we're poor again, which shouldn't come as a big surprise to anyone. 

Bruce should still be on borrowed time. Fail to win Bristol at home ought to be the final nail in the coffin, but I fear he's bought himself more time with this result.

I was hoping for a loss tonight, I even bet against us, and it sickens me to admit this, but that's what Bruceball has done to me.

• Like 1

I hate the fact I’m feeling disappointed with a win. It’s only because I fear although a good result it will do long term damage to us. It’s how he’s survived so long, he’s blatantly not good enough for the task at hand yet not bad enough to get sacked. I now know how Arsenal fans feel with Wenger and I hate that so much. 

• Like 1

Â