Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think if the performance was better than we have got used to, then people would believe it is more than papering over the cracks. But as ever the result could easily have gone the other way or been a draw. That is the whole point with Bruce, the results are anyone’s guess, but the performances are on the whole pretty much the same. So winning a game against another average team is more or less down to the law of averages. Where we do see consistency is in the results against top 6 teams where we never win and the difference in quality is highlighted. 

Agree. plus, Boro may be an average team, but they were awful today. Never looked like scoring.

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The comments from Bruce after the game are just typical. Banging on about mass hysteria and how today should shut some people up? What a tit. 

Don't like the bloke at all. 

Struggling not to hate him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The comments from Bruce after the game are just typical. Banging on about mass hysteria and how today should shut some people up? What a tit. 

Don't like the bloke at all. 

It's like Gabby silencing the Haterz when scoring his first goal in 25 appearances. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce's post match interview comments won't do him any favours. "Saying things like shut a few people up" is abit stupid just enjoy the win.always belting Bristol city is **** stupid does the guy never learn

I have been critical of Bruce of late but I can see where he is coming from in some of his comments. We are a club that it seems are never more than a couple of poor results away from a crisis or even 45 minutes of football away from a very negative reaction from the supporters. That is not a new phenomenon though as I can remember us being 2 down at half time to Wigan at Villa Park in first game of the season in 2009 and the players getting booed off and this was off the back of our best season in years and at the start of what turned out to be an even better season.

Listening to Bruce today I think it is clear he believes in himself and believes he is the man to take this club forward and get us promotion and I like that bit of arrogance and self belief in a manager. I think he is frustrated though that a fair section of us as supporters don't have that same belief in him.  Only he can change that though by getting consistent results and better performances and he certainly bought himself some more time today to do just that.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I’m afraid I find his comments pretty obnoxious. 

Again.

Yes, some people will have used some abusive or poor language about him, but his comments are to everybody, not just that minority.

Im not sure it’s ever appropriate for a Manager to call the fans hysterical, but if it is, it’s when your results and performances are something to shout about.

Ive spent a fortune watching the garbage served up by this bloke and if he’d like to pop around I’ll tell him without even a hint of hysteria why I can’t wait to see the back of him.

Couldn't agree more. Bruce hasn't got an ounce of humility. The man is simply a prick, there's no denying that. Get rid.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

You guys are pretty easily offended aren’t you. 

No. It takes a lot. In this case months and months of supporting someone who serves up garbage then makes snide comments about me. 

If you aren’t bothered fine . Don’t judge me though.

• Like 3

Considering the problems that we've had (without nine players) it's a very satisfying win.

"The response from the other night was vitally important. We lurch along, we played badly against Brentford second half and all of a sudden we're in crisis.

"We have to eradicate that as a club. We can't be just going along quite nicely and then we're in crisis. We've seen today this is a division which throws up results which leave people scratching their heads at. Let us get on with the job in hand."

These are from Bruce via bbc is Bruce telling us fans to shut up and let him get on with it hahaha he can do one he' useless today' result doesn't change anyone' opinion.

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I have been critical of Bruce of late but I can see where he is coming from in some of his comments. We are a club that it seems are never more than a couple of poor results away from a crisis or even 45 minutes of football away from a very negative reaction from the supporters. That is not a new phenomenon though as I can remember us being 2 down at half time to Wigan at Villa Park in first game of the season in 2009 and the players getting booed off and this was off the back of our best season in years and at the start of what turned out to be an even better season.

Listening to Bruce today I think it is clear he believes in himself and believes he is the man to take this club forward and get us promotion and I like that bit of arrogance and self belief in a manager. I think he is frustrated though that a fair section of us as supporters don't have that same belief in him.  Only he can change that though by getting consistent results and better performances and he certainly bought himself some more time today to do just that.

You honestly think he's produced good enough results that justifies these types of comments? 

Â