Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s only made this and one other comment about “hysteria” once before hasn’t he?

I’m sure he is aware of what gets discussed on message boards like this and I’m sure he gets frustrated as he wants the same as us, to get promoted.

Every day that this guys jumps out of bed - he should thank his lucky stars that somehow, somebody saw fit to give him the villa job.

he would do well to remember this in my opinion 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Every day that this guys jumps out of bed - he should thank his lucky stars that somehow, somebody saw fit to give him the villa job.

he would do well to remember this in my opinion 

You’ve lost the plot mate, you must slept through the last 5+ years.

As it stands we’re far from anything special and have t been for a long time.

Steve Bruce is a highly rated coach who’s party trick is getting teams promoted from this division. How does it make him so lucky to have us? If he left tomorrow he’d get a job higher up the pyramid than us in no time.

Edited by Genie
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Really do dislike the guy. He lies so much and talks so much crap about the fans. 

Which lies?

... and what Crap? He mentioned hysteria, I think we’d all agree there’s been plenty of that these last couple of weeks so not sure what the issue is.

Edited by Genie

41 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I’ve no idea why a good result here and there causes people to alter their views so easily ? @markavfc40 you were ready to go off on one but then we win and it’s, what ( I don’t want to put words in your mouth) ok ?

Thats what I was getting at the other day.

Weve had over 50 games. There’s been little difference overall in performance or product.

I can respect the views of those that want him to stay based on all that. I fully agree with those that don’t.

But I really struggle with those who change their view because we won ? Or who follow the “ 4 points he stays, 3 he goes” logic.

Terry haven't got time for a long post to address all you said mate as trying to watch the darts.

With regard to me changing my mind so easily then I have for 90% of Bruce's time here been on the fence and I guess that is where I remain aside from going off on one to one side or the other now and then.

I think overall we are under achieving under him at the moment as I think we have a squad that should be top 2. That puts him 7 points off where I think we should be. That probably isn't quite enough to give me a definitive Bruce out position with 20 odd games to go and things like acknowledging the injuries we have had.

Overall like I said I am sitting on the fence, happy when we win and prone to going off on one when we lose. If that doesn't sit right with some fans so be it.

Edited by markavfc40

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

You’ve lost the plot mate, you must slept through the last 5+ years.

As it stands we’re far from anything special and have t been for a long time.

Steve Bruce is a highly rated coach who’s party trick is getting teams promoted from this division. How does it make him so lucky to have us? If he left tomorrow he’d get a job higher up the pyramid than us in no time.

Let me assure you - I have not.

Bruce's claim to fame is 4 promotions in 20 years, do tell what job you think he'd gets - if we are lucky enough to lose him tomorrow 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Must have missed your prediction of a win. 

Oh no, people predicted the wrong result in football, never happens. 

If you think a predicted loss in one game was the main point being made from those who have lost faith in the manager then you've clearly not been bothered to read what's been said. 

By your own admission, if we lose the next game you want him sacked, yet gloat on here after 1 win. 

Laughably predictable as well. 

“I think we will lose” is very different to “when we lose against <x>”. 

Of course, you know this. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Let me assure you - I have not.

Bruce's claim to fame is 4 promotions in 20 years, do tell what job you think he'd gets - if we are lucky enough to lose him tomorrow 

He’d get any job in this division, because he has a good record. 

Exactly the same reason he got this job. 

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

He’s get any job in this division, because he has a good record. 

I agree, and I reckon there’s plenty of owners in the premier league who’d employ him too.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Really just not true. At all. Not even close. 

To be fair I am just going off of the comments, without have watched the actual interview.

As you know, "Text" print only can be easy to misinterpret without seeing the persons mannerisms, tone and so on.

I pair my assumptions with previous experience.

24 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

The real problem for me is expecting managers (and players) to talk in front of camera immediately after a match and say anything remotely coherent, well-judged or balanced.

Here is Brucey who must have been under immense pressure from the Board after the last four games. He’s just won one that nobody - probably including him - expected Villa to win and you expect him to behave like the UN General Secretary? 

Give him a break, he’s human, he’s under pressure, he’s massively relieved. Interpret his comments in that light.

It's not as though he's been surprised by some journo leaping out of the bushes as he was walking up to his front door.   Managers are interviewed after games.  They know it's coming.  The questions are predictable.  It doesn't take a genius to prepare.  All sorts of organisations invest in training staff who will face interviews, in the basic skills of dealing with interviews.  They practice for it, they have prepared lines, they are coached in dealing with hard questions, they have coping strategies.  This is the case with all sorts of people with far less senior roles than him.

If he doesn't manage to conduct himself well in a scheduled interview, showing appropriate qualities like a bit of modesty, perspective, realism, respect and so on, then that either means he doesn't actually care about it, or he has failed to prepare, or he can't control himself.  None of these things would be acceptable for even a middle manager, let alone a public figurehead.  Makes me wonder why the club don't see it as a problem.  Don't they see it?  Don't they care?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He’d get any job in this division, because he has a good record. 

Well I personally don't see that his reputation has been enhanced during his time here at all.

yes he will always work in the championship - but on what basis does he get a gig  higher up the pyramid as someone else suggests?

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why the need for the dig at fans at EVERY opportunity?

Jesus Christ, after any positive result and slight Euphoria his comments always manage to just piss me off again.

You're lucky, he has been pissing most of us off since October.

This latest round of papering the cracks is no use.. damp has now also set in!

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Well I personally don't see that his reputation has been enhanced during his time here at all.

yes he will always work in the championship - but on what basis does he get a gig  higher up the pyramid as someone else suggests?

If you take your Villa-tinted specs off, you can see that Bruce has “improved” us from a club-in-crisis to one pushing for promotion from the Championship. His “‘net spend” has been relatively small compared to previous managers yet he has us going, generally, in the right direction. 

If you don’t follow Villa, that’s an easy narrative to see, isn’t it? And that’s on the back of his last job where he got Hull promoted. So, without knowing the detail, I can see why he’d get another job incredibly easily. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair I am just going off of the comments, without have watched the actual interview.

As you know, "Text" print only can be easy to misinterpret without seeing the persons mannerisms, tone and so on.

I pair my assumptions with previous experience.

He’s never struck me as arrogant tbh. He feels the pressure and “hits back”, but I don’t really remember any arrogant comments on our run of great form? Could be wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Which lies?

... and what Crap? He mentioned hysteria, I think we’d all agree there’s been plenty of that these last couple of weeks so not sure what the issue is.

Combined with the crap football and team selections over the last month too let's not forget.

Â