Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, omariqy said:

We had one of the best defences last season. Now we are getting opened up at will. Not sure what is going on. I think Whelan is a big part of it. Also our inability to keep the ball.

No Jedinak.

• Like 1

The club is fooked.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us do a full on Portsmouth.

The problems are far wider than just the Manager, name a single positive aspect about the club right now?

For the first time in my life I actually genuinely hate being a villa fan, one or two more years of this and I'm not sure I'll even consider myself a football 'fan' any more.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

36 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I actually don't understand how a long standing manager who has achieved 4 promotions from the Championship with lesser teams, and has had a chance to build his own team with good money spent, can do so badly. 

He should be strolling through matches with his experience and achievements. 

Its just so baffling.

(the usual arguments of tactics, dinosaur, etc might all by true, but he's always been like that - so what has changed between previous jobs and this this job?)

He has signed some pretty poor midfielders and still relies on Jedinak and Kodjia.

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The club is fooked.

The problems are far wider than just the Manager, name a single positive aspect about the club right now?

For the first time in my life I actually genuinely hate being a villa fan, one or two more years of this and I'm not sure I'll even consider myself a football 'fan' any more.

I feel exactly the same, worse thing for me being I've introduced both my kids to this aswell and they're getting stick from all the plastic fans in Gloucestershire that support Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool too

Edited by grayslickuk
spelling

If the club want to give him more time so be it , but they should be prepared to right off the season and plan what players we will have to sell to stay within FFP.

Wolves sacked 2 managers and now on the 3rd seem to have got it right ( though its early days ) so I see no logical reason to keep Bruce at this point.Not only are the results dreadful but the last 2 games we have been a disgrace on the pitch.

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Promotion failure this season and that's exactly the route we will be going down

17 minutes ago, Heretic said:

The one parallel between Bruce and Lambert that sticks out is how cautious they became in tactical terms.

McLeish did, but he knew it was the only way to grind out a point a game to keep the club in the PL.

Lambert was a swashbuckler with Norwich. We saw some of it at Villa, but not enough. It's as if the goal is to get the job and then keep it, not actually do anything with it.

It's true that Bruce has never been as adventurous, but you can't get out of this division without scoring goals. The table tells you that every year.

Forget the defence for a second - our scoring record is too poor to get out of here. Without Kodjia, the team looks lost.

I can't see SB setting up in a more proactive manner. I can't see him changing his perceptions about how football is played. I can't see any plan that he has about how to play and then select the correct personnel for the task.

I think it's already a lost cause. He must go.

The big difference between Lambert and Bruces time at Villa is that Lambert had the life drained out of him by a shit owner who never loosened the purse and hung him out to dry whereas Bruce has had every chance to be successful but ultimately he is a bottler and a shit manager.

• Like 3

Just now, Bunnski said:

The big difference between Lambert and Bruces time at Villa is that Lambert had the life drained out of him by a shit owner who never loosened the purse and hung him out to dry whereas Bruce has had every chance to be successful but ultimately he is a bottler and a shit manager.

True.

Bruce is the bigger puzzle, having had experience of promotions this division and yet somehow looking lost.

• Like 1

There is no way Steve Bruce will turn this around. He's utterly clueless and by all accounts has been for years.

Amazing when you consider he's accrued over £30m through the game and doesn't care about tactics, formations or plans.

Edited by grayslickuk

I'm amazed he hasn't been sacked today. Just what is the point of delaying it? He's not going to turn things around. We'd be much better off going into the Norwich game with a caretaker manager and a positive atmosphere.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

True.

Bruce is the bigger puzzle, having had experience of promotions this division and yet somehow looking lost.

I do find it a puzzle. Last year he never got us playing well but he did have us vaguely competitive.

This year with a whole summer to address our weaknesses he seems to have taken us quite dramatically backwards. 

30 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I'm amazed he hasn't been sacked today. Just what is the point of delaying it? He's not going to turn things around. We'd be much better off going into the Norwich game with a caretaker manager and a positive atmosphere.

I am purely guessing.   They think they may be close to naming a replacement and waiting for that to be settled rather than announcing the temporary plan only.  

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The club is fooked.

Villatalk banter?

:ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The club is fooked.

The support. Something the club doesn't deserve. 

Â