Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Also stunned. But no need to apologise for supporting your team. These days all you need do is call a manager out as sh't as early as you choose and know they will be gone in under a year. That sort of prophecy ain't a gift. 

Don't think anyone claimed it was a gift. However concerns raised were always met with mocking or just plain dismissive responses. 

Those who wanted Bruce gone aren't some sort of psychic football experts, they saw things that worried them, they saw things that made them believe not enough would change. 

It wasn't as you say, just calling someone shit as early as you choose. Nice to see your posts are still as dismissive. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if anyone has seen but his face on the villa FB page chat last night when he was asked 'will it be nice to get back on home soil on Saturday?' was an absolute picture. He knows what is coming, he knows the fans will turn. I'd much rather not have it end with us turning on him and the club just do what they know needs to be done but I think it might be left for the' fans to force the clubs hand'. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Don't think anyone claimed it was a gift. However concerns raised were always met with mocking or just plain dismissive responses. 

Those who wanted Bruce gone aren't some sort of psychic football experts, they saw things that worried them, they saw things that made them believe not enough would change. 

It wasn't as you say, just calling someone shit as early as you choose. Nice to see your posts are still as dismissive. 

Well makes a nice change to all the back slapping and merriment that we are changing managers yet again and will be set back at least another season. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Not sure if anyone has seen but his face on the villa FB page chat last night when he was asked 'will it be nice to get back on home soil on Saturday?' was an absolute picture. He knows what is coming, he knows the fans will turn. I'd much rather not have it end with us turning on him and the club just do what they know needs to be done but I think it might be left for the' fans to force the clubs hand'. 

Apres-le-FN-LR-s-indigne-aussi-des-comme

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
58 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The worrying thing for me is that he is talking about signing another striker which suggests he is going nowhere 

I'm hoping, with a bit of a tin foil hat on, that this stuff about wanting a striker, the talk of wilshere, is just something he can point at once he's gone. Basically trying to deflect blame away.

"Yeah Bruce had a bad start, but he  did have ambition - wanting to bring in Wilshere, not enough time to bed in his players etc....", is how I could see it being viewed.

I think he knows he's going, these comments are the final death throes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bruce is a genuinely nice guy tbh. I wish he would just resign now it will be best for everyone.

What gets me though he was a professional footballer at the highest level, took teams out of this league a number of times (4?) and yet seems to have no idea on what to do, tactics, formation, team etc etc...

I think football has passed Bruce by...

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I'm hoping, with a bit of a tin foil hat on, that this stuff about wanting a striker, the talk of wilshere, is just something he can point at once he's gone. Basically trying to deflect blame away.

"Yeah Bruce had a bad start, but he  did have ambition - wanting to bring in Wilshere, not enough time to bed in his players etc....", is how I could see it being viewed.

I think he knows he's going, these comments are the final death throes.

I bloody hope so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I'm hoping, with a bit of a tin foil hat on, that this stuff about wanting a striker, the talk of wilshere, is just something he can point at once he's gone. Basically trying to deflect blame away.

"Yeah Bruce had a bad start, but he  did have ambition - wanting to bring in Wilshere, not enough time to bed in his players etc....", is how I could see it being viewed.

I think he knows he's going, these comments are the final death throes.

I hope you are right, but if I was Xia I would not buy this "we are struggling because we are toothless up top" that is absolutely garbage

The tactics are to sit back and just let the opposition have the ball while we dont get our players forward enough then if we break because the players are instructed to stay back and not pass the half way line. Furthermore you ahve a very good striker in Hogan yet you persist on instructing the players to play hoofball when Hogan is not a hoofball striker. If you wanted to play hoofball why did you sell Rudy? (who has one assist and goal already this season, shows if you use him effectively he is dangerous at this level) 

A nice guy but tactically clueless and needs to do the right thing and resign 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I think Bruce is a genuinely nice guy tbh. I wish he would just resign now it will be best for everyone.

What gets me though he was a professional footballer at the highest level, took teams out of this league a number of times (4?) and yet seems to have no idea on what to do, tactics, formation, team etc etc...

I think football has passed Bruce by...

I don't want to post that 2011 Guardian article for the 70th time but that quote that he doesn't rarely do tactics sounded like it was worn as a badge of courage 

In all facets of life if you fail to plan you plan to fail

Edited by Kiwivillan
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Utter rubbish.

No it's not. We all get the urge to self congratulate, happens all the time. I'm not giving anybody applause for identifying some negatives about a manager, wanging on about it for months, having events turn out badly and then not having the good grace to leave it be and crack on with something constructive. Not pointing fingers specifically but it is happening. Always does. Always will.

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I wish he would just resign now it will be best for everyone.

He's probably due over 1 million pounds of a payoff when he gets sacked and that's why he'll never resign. The club should have clauses in the contract of any manager they appoint that if the club isn't in the top half of the championship then they can be sacked without compensation.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of silence around the club this morning. From the recent experience of the last 286 managers, that's usually a sign they're waiting to be told they can post something.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Visiting Supporter
2 hours ago, Eastie said:

We are Aston villa - he sets us up to be afraid of everyone like a frightened rabbit and  there is such a negativity about everything he does .

we should take the game to teams not play for a draw at places like reading and Cardiff 

This goes right back to the cup game against Spurs whereby he set up defensively against a Spurs team full of kids and made no effort to win the game.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Noone should ever play for a draw in this piece of shit division. Christ we're playing Reading not Real Madrid. Whoever out next manager is I genuinely want to play football. I've never cared about our style before as long as it gets results but I'm so **** fed up of our negative shit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We were more than a bit fed up last night in our house after the Reading match, so I got a few drinks lined up next to the hot tub and we partied (me and a couple of attractive ladies, both Villa fans) until two o'clock this morning. We started off leaning on each other for moral support and ended up leaning on each other to stop ourselves falling over. There's more to life than worrying about groundhog day starring Steve Bruce. Que sera, sera.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
4 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

We were more than a bit fed up last night in our house after the Reading match, so I got a few drinks lined up next to the hot tub and we partied (me and a couple of attractive ladies, both Villa fans) until two o'clock this morning. We started off leaning on each other for moral support and ended up leaning on each other to stop ourselves falling over. There's more to life than worrying about groundhog day starring Steve Bruce. Que sera, sera.

humblebrag

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

We were more than a bit fed up last night in our house after the Reading match, so I got a few drinks lined up next to the hot tub and we partied (me and a couple of attractive ladies, both Villa fans) until two o'clock this morning. We started off leaning on each other for moral support and ended up leaning on each other to stop ourselves falling over. There's more to life than worrying about groundhog day starring Steve Bruce. Que sera, sera.

I want your life

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • blandy locked this topic
  • blandy unlocked this topic
  • blandy locked and unlocked this topic
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â