Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, jim said:

No plans to get rid according to a friend who knows someone within the club :(

Dont meant to be disrespectful or quetsion your ITK that you know but how would he know even if he worked there? Surely only Xia and the board would know.

I cant imagine him staying after Norwich if we lose. The fans will not have it 

• Like 1

If Bruce is sacked lets hope Villa have someone else lined up to come in right away because it's unthinkable to have Calderwood in charge for a few games. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I actually don't understand how a long standing manager who has achieved 4 promotions from the Championship with lesser teams, and has had a chance to build his own team with good money spent, can do so badly. 

He should be strolling through matches with his experience and achievements. 

Its just so baffling.

(the usual arguments of tactics, dinosaur, etc might all by true, but he's always been like that - so what has changed between previous jobs and this this job?)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I actually don't understand how a long standing manager who has achieved 4 promotions from the Championship with lesser teams, and has had a chance to build his own team with good money spent, can do so badly. 

Its just so baffling.

(the usual arguments of tactics, dinosaur, etc might all by true, but he's always been like that - so what has changed between previous jobs and this this job?)

Unlike his other jobs there is true pressure here, and Brucey has shit the bed.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Its just so baffling.

He appears to think that getting out of this league is about "fight" and "intensity" and "being at it" etc. etc. and up till a couple of years ago he may well have been right but there's a lot of teams in this league now who play actual football to a good level now. Whenever we have come up against these teams with Bruce in charge we have looked static, bereft of imagination and totally devoid of any kind of ability to keep the ball. I think time has caught up with him a bit, his appointment was sensible, his approach given the players at his disposal has not been adequate by a long way.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Its just so baffling.

I agree, that's what's baffling me. He gained promotion with a Hull side that were nothing special, just 18months ago (ish)... how can things have changed so much. Perhaps it's a case that once the players don't believe in you then nothing you do or say matters. A bit like when Mourinho had that awful season at Chelsea last year (or was it the year before?). Once you've lost the players, that's it...

Do you think he'll get 10 games like RDM? I personally think he's got 2 or 3 to turn it around it Xia will pull the trigger.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

Up until now Steve Bruce has a reputation for boring sides that struggle to score goals - but Aston Villa is currently much worse than that. We are a shambles - we could have easily conceded more in our last 2 games. So this is Bad even by Brucies standards - Im not defending him but I think all is not well behind the scenes - Terry going to stamford bridge 3 days a week if the first thing to leak out. I would like him gone - but fear the next bloke is going to flounder in the same way.

Bruce is accountable - sure - but I think its head in the sand if you think its all down to him.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I agree, that's what's baffling me. He gained promotion with a Hull side that were nothing special, just 18months ago (ish)... how can things have changed so much. Perhaps it's a case that once the players don't believe in you then nothing you do or say matters. A bit like when Mourinho had that awful season at Chelsea last year (or was it the year before?). Once you've lost the players, that's it...

Do you think he'll get 10 games like RDM? I personally think he's got 2 or 3 to turn it around it Xia will pull the trigger.

I fear he will get to the Bristol game next week by which time the gap could possibly be 14 points and too much . :(

19 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Its just so baffling.

The dinosaur became extinct.

I hope for our sake that he does pull it round. For the record I thought he was the right choice I would have bought him in ahead of Di Matteo

But I see no evidence of it on the pitch. I am at a point now where I don't even know how good our players even are.....

Maybe Hourihane is good and we have not been allowed to see it?

Im at the point where I want him to go just because id like to see players like Lansbury and Hourihane under a different regime. To see if my original idea (that they were both good purchases!) is correct!

The one parallel between Bruce and Lambert that sticks out is how cautious they became in tactical terms.

McLeish did, but he knew it was the only way to grind out a point a game to keep the club in the PL.

Lambert was a swashbuckler with Norwich. We saw some of it at Villa, but not enough. It's as if the goal is to get the job and then keep it, not actually do anything with it.

It's true that Bruce has never been as adventurous, but you can't get out of this division without scoring goals. The table tells you that every year.

Forget the defence for a second - our scoring record is too poor to get out of here. Without Kodjia, the team looks lost.

I can't see SB setting up in a more proactive manner. I can't see him changing his perceptions about how football is played. I can't see any plan that he has about how to play and then select the correct personnel for the task.

I think it's already a lost cause. He must go.

• Like 1

Â