Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Alright then I'm clearly going to lose a tenner to @Grasshopper

I'm going to start betting against us in every match and see if I can't make the $18 profit I need to pay up. 

My brother has made a fair amount betting against us the last few years. 

• Like 1

One of the issues here is Bruce has said a few times that his record is good in this league and hes done it all before like that means anything now. Just because you've been promoted before (the last time was when?) it doesn't mean you will be again if you just do everything you did then and just throw a team out.

All he has done this summer is resigned an iffy goalkeeper and then a few ageing premierleague rejects. Solid plan.

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

My brother has made a fair amount betting against us the last few years. 

Couple times last season I had big bets on us :( being dumb enough to back the villa is a costly exercise. Worse one ever and I'll never forget was villa v Leicester under Tim Sherwood was the last leg of a multi for $500. You can imagine how excited I was after Gil and Grealish scored. I was inconsolable 60 mins later. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

One of the issues here is Bruce has said a few times that his record is good in this league and hes done it all before like that means anything now. Just because you've been promoted before (the last time was when?) it doesn't mean you will be again if you just do everything you did then and just throw a team out.

All he has done this summer is resigned an iffy goalkeeper and then a few ageing premierleague rejects. Solid plan.

Only just over a year ago he was promoted to be fair to him.

• Like 1

It was raining today and i didn't take my umrella with me because it is this :

81uVBjSV84L._SY355_.jpg

Bruce has made me prefer to get wet than be associated with the club at the moment.

Thanks potato head.

It really is quite staggering how bad things are.

1 year ago his hull team scored 69 goals (only 2 teams scored more) had a GD of +34 (only 1 team had better) & won 24 games (again only 2 teams won more)

This was their squad for the play-off final, Is it really miles better than ours? or were they just a hard working team who fought for each other rather than looking like 11 people who just happen to be wearing the same shirt on a day out

Jakupovic
dubajo
Dawson
Davies
Robertson
Livermore
Huddlestone
Elmohamady
Diamé
Snodgrass
Hernández

Bruce
Meyler
Clucas
Maguire
Maloney
Akpom
Kuciak

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont meant to be disrespectful or quetsion your ITK that you know but how would he know even if he worked there? Surely only Xia and the board would know.

I cant imagine him staying after Norwich if we lose. The fans will not have it 

I agree, I have no idea if he is just talking bollocks, but he did call RDM going 12 hrs before it broke. However that could just have been a fluke as the writing was in the wall. 

Seems to me like we are all sick of 5+ years of decline, in fact mind numbing, spirit sapping decline losing our best players, an suffering idiot owner and chronic under investment on players. We are impatient coz we are left with it when the mercenary players move on, the sacked managers leave with their generous severance etc. 

Its knee jerk but totally understandable, and Bruce hasn't performed as expected but on balance, whilst we crave promotion we need stability, so maybe it best he stays and tries to get it right even if it takes half a season to click (like Leicester did). On paper he is the best we can get (unless Benitez can be tempted) and has the best CV for the task in front of us. 

Saying all this, I cannot see a glimmer of hope yet, let's hope Kodjia and Jedi help turn the corner.

I don't want to turn a corner if it means lumping it to Kodja and due to his individual skill getting enough points to look as if we are challenging top 10 for a couple of months , enough to keep Bruce in a job, enough to keep our football embarrassingly unwatchable, but ultimately not enough to achieve anything and leave us high and dry in February.

As such, I welcome whatever course of events ensures his earliest possible departure.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

He won't get my support, win or not.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don't want to turn a corner if it means lumping it to Kodja and due to his individual skill getting enough points to look as if we are challenging top 10 for a couple of months , enough to keep Bruce in a job, enough to keep our football embarrassingly unwatchable, but ultimately not enough to achieve anything and leave us high and dry in February.

As such, I welcome whatever course of events ensures his earliest possible departure.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

He won't get my support, win or not.

Terry, I liked this, then thought a bit more and want to clarify.  This is what I think.  Are you saying something different

i don't think we will move forward long-term with Bruce.  For that reason I want him out, even if we have "false dawns" of a draw, or a win, or a late goal.   But...  I am hoping the team produces late goals, draws, or even wins.  I will not welcome losses or conceding goals.  But I want him out ASAP no matter what happens any future match.   Are you saying something different?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Desperate man, he is blaming the players. I think there is a it if truth in it though. These players have to take some responsibility as well as they have been woeful

They were good players before they were managed by Bruce though.

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

I would have been firmly in the Bruce camp until before the Cardiff game ,it wasn't that I thought he was a great manager or anything just that he was a pragmatic one ,thought he would build us up from the back we would be solid get 1-0 wins and get us promoted football wouldn't be pretty but he would get the job done .I felt we would prob have to end up getting a better more modern manager after a year or 2 after Bruce kept our head above water in the Premier League.Sadly it looks like I'm very wrong the biggest problem I see is he is trying to play a game that doesn't suit our players ,Hogan and when he comes back Kodjia aren't target men they aren't great in the air need ball to feet but we do the opposite ,he has played both Lansbury and Hourihane in deep lying roles both are box to box midfielders .We can't hold possession again because we have any 1 up front to hold to ball up and get us into the game ,he has no excuse because these are nearly all players that he has bought ,I think our squad is nearly the best in the league but isn't being utilised correctly ,if you want to play long ball football you have to have the players for it we don't we have a side that would be much better playing on the deck ,what worries me is that he will get ten games to turn it around I can't see him doing it and again we will be too far behind to mount a challenge going to be another long year unless things change fast .

Spot on. Hourihane had 6 goals and 11 assists in 24 games when he joined Villa  (1 goal and 0 assists in about 24 games for us) , yet Bruce plays him so deep he is rarely seen in the final 3rd.

Hogan had 15 goals for Brentford last season but now isn't getting many chances because he isn't getting  the type of service he needs. 

Bruce has admitted that he doesn't know how to turn it around and that rings alarm bells. Get rid and bring in Pardew. He is tactically smart, has an excellent record  for the first 2 years at a club and his style is well suited to our personnel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Only just over a year ago he was promoted to be fair to him.

Doh, was mainly thinking about the ancient blues promotions. I think there was a point in there somewhere though :blush:

It was that i dont see how he expects us to get better purely because he keeps repeating the fact that hes been promoted before.

• Like 1

Â