Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Norwich won 2-0 tonight.

Shit, best work on that 7-2-1 formation rest of the week.

Work on formation? U havin' a laugh?

Bruce don't do tactics.

48 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

They were good players before they were managed by Bruce though.

If your a good footballer you will do your best regardless of tactics? Do I think tactics are not representing the squad  to their full potential? Absolutely 

but Bruce has got some valid point there, they are not doing enough. I mean Hutton making league two style mistakes. Andre green missing sitters. Not being able to pass a ball for more than 3 passes. This is basic stuff and the team are not doing the basics right.

there is no excuses for that in my view whoever the manager is

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

It was raining today and i didn't take my umrella with me because it is this :

81uVBjSV84L._SY355_.jpg

Bruce has made me prefer to get wet than be associated with the club at the moment.

Thanks potato head.

It really is quite staggering how bad things are.

1 year ago his hull team scored 69 goals (only 2 teams scored more) had a GD of +34 (only 1 team had better) & won 24 games (again only 2 teams won more)

This was their squad for the play-off final, Is it really miles better than ours? or were they just a hard working team who fought for each other rather than looking like 11 people who just happen to be wearing the same shirt on a day out

Jakupovic
dubajo
Dawson
Davies
Robertson
Livermore
Huddlestone
Elmohamady
Diamé
Snodgrass
Hernández

Bruce
Meyler
Clucas
Maguire
Maloney
Akpom
Kuciak

Starting XI is miles better than what we can put out. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Desperate man, he is blaming the players. I think there is a it if truth in it though. These players have to take some responsibility as well as they have been woeful

I see almost zero evidence of a lack of effort. But I see countless examples of players clearly unsure of their role, and plenty of examples of chopping and changing people around. I don't see evidence of anything that looks like coaching.

I don't see how the players can be faulted in the main.

But I can imagine the effect his - now regular - criticisms of them have on their loyalty and confidence.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

Starting XI is miles better than what we can put out. 

On paper it's really not. I'd argue that there's 3/4 players that prem teams would look at taking from that team. Not too dissimilar to ours.

Bruce managed to get them up though it was probably in his 3rd(?) year in charge which we can't afford. I'd be interested in the years before that to see if there's any correlation to year on year improvement. 

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

Terry, I liked this, then thought a bit more and want to clarify.  This is what I think.  Are you saying something different

i don't think we will move forward long-term with Bruce.  For that reason I want him out, even if we have "false dawns" of a draw, or a win, or a late goal.   But...  I am hoping the team produces late goals, draws, or even wins.  I will not welcome losses or conceding goals.  But I want him out ASAP no matter what happens any future match.   Are you saying something different?

Probably. I just want whatever gets him out. ( well I don't, I want him to miraculously change but he won't).

Had we played well last night I might've celebrated a win.

But given how we did play I wouldn't have celebrated getting points if it meant him keeping his job.

But it doesn't matter.

They will sack him. It's just a question of when. That they haven't done so already leads me to believe that whenever they do it will be too late.

17 minutes ago, decamoto said:

On paper it's really not. I'd argue that there's 3/4 players that prem teams would look at taking from that team. Not too dissimilar to ours.

Bruce managed to get them up though it was probably in his 3rd(?) year in charge which we can't afford. I'd be interested in the years before that to see if there's any correlation to year on year improvement. 

That Hull team had been together for a few seasons, it was basically the team that got relegated the previous year. It was definitely a better balanced team than ours, and Bruce should really have achieved automatic promotion with that squad.

The better players have now gone to Prem clubs, but the right back Odubajo looked like a really good prospect until he got a couple of bad injuries the next season.

• Like 1

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/637989/Aston-Villa-News-Steve-Bruce-sack-Championship-Dr-Tony-Xia

Steve Bruce three games from the sack at Aston Villa

STEVE BRUCE could be just three games from the sack at struggling Aston Villa.

Bruce knows he’s fighting a desperate scrap to hang on to his job after a terrible start to the season.

Villa started the campaign as promotion favourites but one point from three games sees them next to bottom with angry fans demanding answers.

Chinese owner Dr Tony Xia is trying to rally to Bruce’s aid by bringing in at least one new player, but fan reaction which could end up deciding Bruce’s fate.

Around 4,000 travelling supporters vented their feelings following the 2-1 defeat at Reading which came just four days after a 3-0 defeat at Cardiff.

There are now just three games before the international break – a traditional danger time for the trigger to be pulled.

Saturday’s tricky home game with Norwich is followed by a Carabao Cup clash with Wigan and then a trip to Bristol City in the televised Friday night game.

If their current form continues they could be bottom by then and that could be curtains for the boss who was appointed last October.

Bruce knows he’s up against it saying: “I’m the right man to turn it around but whether or not I’m given time is not for me to answer.”

He says his players are struggling to handle playing for Villa, adding “The enormity of Aston Villa comes into play.

“Some have shied away from it. They have to grasp the nettle too.

“We have to match the expectation. I will see what a few people are made off. We’re up against it and you judge everyone.”

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image may contain: 1 person, beard and text

Kin hell.

Shows how important he is, as well as we know Kodjia is, but based on the amount of money we have spent, we should not be disintegrating when missing a couple players.

It's a squad game.

not really. we only won 46 percent of games with him which is really not that impressive. Could probably find scarier stats for Kodjia(we barely score without him)

• Like 1

actually Bruce was going on few weeks ago about how he designed a system to get best out of Grealish. I have seen nothing to indicate that Jack would have even seen the ball if he was fit

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

not really. we only won 46 percent of games with him which is really not that impressive. Could probably find scarier stats for Kodjia(we barely score without him)

You could be right there may well be scarier stats, but these are definitely hide behind the sofa stats. If you take points per game and multiply by 46, with him we get a fraction under 78 points, touching distance of play offs. But without him we get under 18 points over a season! Go on admit it, you're scared!

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Same conditions. Since we purchased Kodjia (August 30th) in the league.

With Kodjia

Wins - 14 | Draws - 10 | Defeats - 12
Win % - 38.89%

Without Kodjia

Wins - 1 | Draws - 3 | Defeats - 4
Win % - 12.5%

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wait wait wait... IF we lose the next match we COULD be bottom which MIGHT lead to Bruce being sacked? Wow, they really nailed down the facts with this one. Thanks for the brilliant insight, Daily Star journalist!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image may contain: 1 person, beard and text

Kin hell.

Shows how important he is, as well as we know Kodjia is, but based on the amount of money we have spent, we should not be disintegrating when missing a couple players.

It's a squad game.

JV, you forgot to do your "cause, correlation or coincidence?" analysis on those stats. Maybe he just played against all the weaker sides.

Â