Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

No it's not. We all get the urge to self congratulate, happens all the time. I'm not giving anybody applause for identifying some negatives about a manager, wanging on about it for months, having events turn out badly and then not having the good grace to leave it be and crack on with something constructive. Not pointing fingers specifically but it is happening. Always does. Always will.

You said "all the back slapping and merriment".

As I said, utter rubbish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

humblebrag

I'm happily divorced and retired Stevo. We have hot tub parties a couple of times a week (my hot tub's under cover) and my drinks fridge is topped up regularly. It may be a short life, so I'm going to make it an enjoyable one! I'm not going to let Steve Bruce and Villa get me down. :D

2 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I'm happily divorced and retired Stevo. We have hot tub parties a couple of times a week (my hot tub's under cover) and my drinks fridge is topped up regularly. It may be a short life, so I'm going to make it an enjoyable one! I'm not going to let Steve Bruce and Villa get me down. :D

What is your address and when is the next hot tub sesh mate?  :lol:

All seemed to start going wrong when Calderwood came in. The first few performances under Bruce (Wolves at home aside) were promising and we got results and some fairly decent displays, then Calderwood comes in and we've seen the same rinse and repeat tactics, performances and results - whilst that obviously isn't entirely down to the assistant, there has to be a link there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why did Bacuna barely kick a ball pre season and start against Hull then get sold a few weeks later. It's beyond stupid. I can't comprehend some of his decisions and him thinking to himself this will get results

To be fair Bacuna was on international duty for the majority of pre season. I do agree though that having him in the starting line up for the first match of the season and then selling him a week later is absolutely bizarre.

15 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Agreed absolute garbage. 

There is no backslapping nor merriment here. The overriding emotion is dissapoinment.

Not one of us wants Villa to do badly. Some of us saw early on that Bruce was not the man for us, that does not mean we are happy to see Villa in this predicament.

When Bruce leaves (when, not if) there will be relief, but not Joy as we have failed again.

And maybe some renewed optimism.

There would have been a lot of genuine disappointment in some quarters had hourihane equalised from that free kick last night.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

All seemed to start going wrong when Calderwood came in. The first few performances under Bruce (Wolves at home aside) were promising and we got results and some fairly decent displays, then Calderwood comes in and we've seen the same rinse and repeat tactics, performances and results - whilst that obviously isn't entirely down to the assistant, there has to be a link there.

Doesn't Calderwood do all the training sessions whilst Bruce sits in his office eating kebabs?

Maybe therein lies the problem?

7 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Well the assistant does become vital when the manager "doesn't do tactics" and doesn't oversee the training's.

The last hope I had that we'd fix things under Bruce was if he'd had brought in a new assistant and/or an attack coordinating coach at the start of the summer.

He didn't and now here we are. 

logic states that Bruce, Clemence and Calderwood need to be binned. But unfortunately every time we get a new manager it never seems to really help, that can't be an argument to keep Bruce but i've almost lost faith that anything we do will make a difference. It feels like the ghost of randy is still here.

Bruce came in an steadied the ship, made us harder to beat, but if it wasn't for Kodjia and to a small extent Jed I feel we would have almost been relegated last season, I don't understand how we are one player team.

Whelan looked good in pre season, but has been garbage so far.

Green already looks like he has given up.

We had one decent half against Hull where we played the ball around and at least occasionally tried to feed the ball forward to feet to Hogan, we ran out of gas quickly but ultimately you would think there was enough there to work on. 

But no, we go out against Reading with a 'hoof it' mentality, with not a single player up front able to win anything, O'Hare gets dropped and everyone else forgets how to play football.

Â