Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Fulham ended up in the play-offs last year with a win percentage of 47.8%, Leeds had the same but drew less games and missed out.

46.8 percent with Jedi in the team is pretty much there or there abouts and is within the margin of a ball hitting the post/cleared off the line away from turning a draw into a win etc

8 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Fulham ended up in the play-offs last year with a win percentage of 47.8%, Leeds had the same but drew less games and missed out.

46.8 percent with Jedi in the team is pretty much there or there abouts and is within the margin of a ball hitting the post/cleared off the line away from turning a draw into a win etc

maybe I misunderstand you, but are you trying to suggest I should find solace and hope that if we don't get many unlucky breaks and one really old player who isn't able to play every game can just play every game that we might be close, but just barely miss qualifying for the playoffs.... when we have the most expensive team in the league and the largest support base?  Cause I'm not seein the optimism there.   maybe I'm just a glass half empty kind of guy.

• Like 3

not at all, was more a reply to the person who said 46.8% win percentage with him in the team wasn't that great.

Having said that when Hull went up a year ago they lost 11 games, huddersfield last year lost 15 & even newcastle lost 10 so we still have another 8+ defeats to go before we can totally rule out going up ;)

#Bruceout

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

JV, you forgot to do your "cause, correlation or coincidence?" analysis on those stats. Maybe he just played against all the weaker sides.

Is that sarcasm? Because I think it's pretty clear that we struggle big time without Jedinak. Obviously the difference isn't quite that drastic but there's enough games there for us to be able to make a reasoned judgement.

Either way, it's pathetic that we seem to rely on certain players to have any kind of average form. Feels like it's been that way for years now.

7 hours ago, terrytini said:

I see almost zero evidence of a lack of effort. But I see countless examples of players clearly unsure of their role, and plenty of examples of chopping and changing people around. I don't see evidence of anything that looks like coaching.

I don't see how the players can be faulted in the main.

But I can imagine the effect his - now regular - criticisms of them have on their loyalty and confidence.

I do think they have put little effort at times. I mean it's not difficult to create a couple chances per game is it I feel terry. The chopping and changing I agree with but every formation Bruce has tried the players have failed. So I would say Bruce is prodimately to blame but players can't escape the blame also

Bruce is so toxic, it doesn't matter if we had a caretaker, or John Terry, or even the groundskeeper walking up to the team saying " Just go out there and have fun, lads.", I am sure we would get more out of the team than having Bruce in charge for Norwich.

Our midfielders aren't going to be scoring or creating much if they're going to keep being asked to sit just in front of the defence like against Reading.

This attacking midfielder role isn't working either. Onomah was terrible against Reading as was Lansbury in the previous two games. The ball  sailing over their heads most of the game isn't helping much though.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Thing is Dem,

if this squad was playing to it's full potential, mistakes like that shouldn't matter.

Absolutely agree with this, the squad is not playing to their potential. We know the tactics bruce adopts are shit but why is it that that Onomah at least despite the shit tactics tries more than most? Same as O'Hare. The tactics are poor but I think the players have to take some of the blame as well

Andre Green's header wouldn't matter because we should have been 3 goals up in that game. Similarly, his sitter against Reading only seems to matter so much because it was our only shot on target for about an hour of that game.

If we scored a few goals at the other end, Hutton's mistakes wouldn't be highlighted because it might only mean the difference between winning 2-1 instead of 2-0.

The talent we have, we should be scoring lots of goals. Teams in this league make mistakes. It happens every game. We need to do enough that those mistakes stop mattering so much!

The thing is with Green he could have won us two games! When you miss sitters like that I dont think you can blame the manager 100%. You could argue it has to do with confidence and morale but against Hull we were first game confidence should have been high so I dont think that can be excused for that game. Then you have idiotic defending by Hutton costs against Cardiff. Bruce can be blamed for selecting him, but there was no excuse for Hutton to make such a pathetic error.

We do seem to be punished for every bloody mistake and not punishing the mistakes the opposition are making which the most frustrating thing! 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is with Green he could have won us two games! When you miss sitters like that I dont think you can blame the manager 100%. You could argue it has to do with confidence and morale but against Hull we were first game confidence should have been high so I dont think that can be excused for that game. Then you have idiotic defending by Hutton costs against Cardiff. Bruce can be blamed for selecting him, but there was no excuse for Hutton to make such a pathetic error.

We do seem to be punished for every bloody mistake and not punishing the mistakes the opposition are making which the most frustrating thing! 

but that's exactly what I mean. We're punished for every mistake because we create so few chances, that a mistake by a striker means we score zero goals instead of one goal.

Or a mistake by a defender means we concede a goal and we lose the game 1-0 because we don't **** score.

Every team makes mistakes down here. But they score a few goals so that when a mistake is punished they don't lose the game because of it.

• Like 3

Just now, Stevo985 said:

but that's exactly what I mean. We're punished for every mistake because we create so few chances, that a mistake by a striker means we score zero goals instead of one goal.

Or a mistake by a defender means we concede a goal and we lose the game 1-0 because we don't **** score.

Every team makes mistakes down here. But they score a few goals so that when a mistake is punished they don't lose the game because of it.

100% agree mate, if we were taking our early chances it would be interesting to see if we had gone to win the game.

We had strong home form, if we lose or dont win vs Norwich then for me Bruce has lost the dressing room 

He's a poor mans Alex McLeish .

At least with McLeish you could see what he was trying to do and the players knew what to do.

Villa under Bruce is just a disorganized mess with no lines to the play what so ever. Unless you count hoofing to a isolated striker who clearly isn't a targetman the only thing you see us attempt regularly is having Hutton as playmaker on the right side. and that is because the other team lets us, knowing that 99 out of 100 crosses end up in the hand of the first opposing defender.

I can't think of a single game where I've seen us exploiting a weakness in the other teams line-up, or where we've repeatedly tried to perform a clear strategy.

No patterns, no tactic, no cohesion, no understanding or anticipation, no teamwork in defense or attack, and no midfield either. Nothing!

He's been here 10 months and there is just nothing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Depends on what support you're talking about, there's been a distinct lack of anything resembling support in certain quarters for a long time now.

You mean fans sharing opinions?

Because until the reading game the support has been fine at the games. 

Â