Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

All seemed to start going wrong when Calderwood came in. The first few performances under Bruce (Wolves at home aside) were promising and we got results and some fairly decent displays, then Calderwood comes in and we've seen the same rinse and repeat tactics, performances and results - whilst that obviously isn't entirely down to the assistant, there has to be a link there.

And by my reckoning our last decent performance was against Brighton the day before he joined. I don't get how it would work, but since Calderwood came in we have definitely seemed extra shit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villabromsgrove said:

We were more than a bit fed up last night in our house after the Reading match, so I got a few drinks lined up next to the hot tub and we partied (me and a couple of attractive ladies, both Villa fans) until two o'clock this morning. We started off leaning on each other for moral support and ended up leaning on each other to stop ourselves falling over. There's more to life than worrying about groundhog day starring Steve Bruce. Que sera, sera.

Saucy old rascal - you could have sent an invite ;) 

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

And by my reckoning our last decent performance was against Brighton the day before he joined. I don't get how it would work, but since Calderwood came in we have definitely seemed extra shit. 

Needs a clean sweep - Bruce and his staff - hopefully we can make a swift appointment rather than drag it out - time is of the essence .

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Well makes a nice change to all the back slapping and merriment that we are changing managers yet again and will be set back at least another season. 

sorry

but on the evidence shown so far

Bruce will be a set back for EVERY season he's with us.

He simply has to go asap

The guys tactical ineptitude has been found out.  He has to go and the sooner the better. Every game he's here is a another step away from promotion.

Edited by dubbs
  • Like 2

'Bruce came in and made us hard to beat...' The thing for me now is, we're not even hard to beat any more.

After Hull, I said he had nine games to save his job. I just can't see past Norwich, and its going to be a miserable afternoon for him, and us in the stands. The poison chalice of Aston Villa strikes again. I really worry who will be the next to put their neck on the block.

We're either deluded, and think we're better than what we actually are, or something is still very wrong here. If all of the pre and early season enthusiasm has been drained from us as fans - with our 'ridiculously' high expectations (it was Terry that came here to WIN promotion...), then imagine what being bummed by five goals to one in four days will have done to our players... Change is needed.

Edited by Raver50032

SB: "So what are we going to do? Hopefully we'll get a response, we'll get up and running on Saturday and keep trying and working hard at it."

If all we're doing is 'hoping' that our deficiencies get corrected, then it really is hopeless for us.

but even the word 'hopeless' has 'hope' in it, aye Steve?

Blaming the fans last night for getting carried away with the signing of JT.

Getting carried away with what exactly? We have one of the best teams in the division and we should be getting promoted this season.

The expectation is there from the fans, just because your failing miserably Bruce don't blame us.... Get rid of the clown he's one of the worst managers i have ever seen at VP.

How many managers over the years have come out with the same old shit excuses Steve has, "Work hard at it" "Batten down the hatches" "We go again" the bloke is a clueless clearing in the woods.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Super negative set up last night, we were ridiculously deep for most of the first half.

Yes, we have injury/selection problems, yes it's early in the season but I could accept losing away to Reading, I could even just about accept losing to Cardiff and drawing at home with Hull but the reality is that we've put in one good set of 45 minutes during those 3 games (Hull first half) and have been shockingly, embarrassingly bad for the rest.

I just don't get it, even Terry is starting to look dogshit, during pre-season and against Hull he was measured, composed and displayed a confident and effective array of passing, fast forward a couple of games and he's making mistakes and hoofing the ball away at any given opportunity.

Aston Villa is no longer a football club but rather an infection.

7 minutes ago, GodsBarkeep said:

SB: "So what are we going to do? Hopefully we'll get a response, we'll get up and running on Saturday and keep trying and working hard at it."

If all we're doing is 'hoping' that our deficiencies get corrected, then it really is hopeless for us.

but even the word 'hopeless' has 'hope' in it, aye Steve?

"keep trying"

"working hard"

No Steve, what do you plan on doing to make us win games? When are you going to let people pass, create chances, push forward, press?

No, let's just roll the sleeves up, keep doing what we are doing, same again boys.

**** off.

• Like 1

Did we really have a good 45 minutes against hull, was it some kind of optical illusion, or were they actually just worse than us for 45mins?!

We spend too much of the game reacting to what our opposition is doing and dont stamp any authority as we can't keep possession long enough. So the team loses its shape with players get pulled out of position. This makes everyone look below average.

We cant hold onto possession because we dont keep the ball on the ground enough, and hit too many speculative long balls. The players need to show more vision and composure - the break isnt instantly on EVERYTIME you win the ball back for Christ sake!

Also when we do attack, support is thin; expecting our wingers to beat 3 or 4 men before delivering a perfect ball, rather than sending two other players to exchange with.

Everyone can see this apart from the staff, but it doesn't matter because 'hopefully' we'll win on Saturday

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

...definitely something in this.  Once Calderwood left Brighton, they finally got promoted :detect: 

Â