Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I'm done, exhausted. Club has sucked the life out of me. Sack everyone put the team in vanarama, and start again with U21's. This club is worse than all the poisoned chalice's in the world put together. Sorry Brucey, don't really think its all your fault but you're on a rolling contract. So on your bike!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dale said:

There's not even any speculation of his future going around the press. I don't get it...

It's because he's one of the good old boys, pally with all the old hacks. So they ask questions like, "How is Hogan's injury Steve", or "That was bad luck with the second goal Steve, why do you think the team are so unlucky". Instead of questioning his tactics, team selection and complete inability to read what's happening during a game. 

• Like 3

With China 7 hours ahead of us I was hoping he'd been sacked when I woke up.

Hopefully Xia is just doing the polite thing and giving Bruce one final night to sleep on his achievements here before sacking him today.

Absolutely, without doubt has to go now.

• Like 1

The team is an empty shell. There is no fist clenching leader, players stare each other down when passes go astray, all bar one of them ignores a team mate in pain with a bad injury. We have no best XI, we have no style, we bring in top players and convert them to mediocre players within days and the coaching team seem to be lost and out of their depth.

Bruce is an ace turd polisher. Give him crap and he'll turn it into crap +10% but give him talent and ask him to mould it into a decent team and he hasn't a clue.

We can quite realistically lose EVERY remaining game this season and be facing Doncaster and Carlisle in six months time. 

I like Bruce the person but he - and his coaches - are out of their depth and the players know it!

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

Why sack him? We always sack our managers. It never ever helps. Just stick for the time being and pray. This can't be his fault if every manager before him has had the same issues. He has gotten out of this legal 4 times with much worse squads. There's just something inherently wrong her and god knows what it is, but it isn't the manager. 

13 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Why sack him? We always sack our managers. It never ever helps. Just stick for the time being and pray. This can't be his fault if every manager before him has had the same issues. He has gotten out of this legal 4 times with much worse squads. There's just something inherently wrong her and god knows what it is, but it isn't the manager. 

I think the manager is part of the problem this time. A big part. 

Well if he has lost the players.. then he has to go. We dont know that.. so Round Wyness and Xia will have to see if the players believe in him. 

From my outside looking in view.. they would be thinking like the fans. He has no idea.. how can we know what we are doing. They look lost and dont seem to have clear instructions on their positions and tactics. Its just hey you go there and you go there.. and good luck. Try get some goals. 

I cant see how he will turn this around...... we are really close to being relegated again.. i dont think we can afford to keep him till the end of the year 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He has gotten out of this legal 4 times with much worse squads. 

exactly. Squads who are full of journeymen footballers who are happy to play such diabolical football. I have no idea why he has bought the players he has because he has no idea how to integrate them.

We aren't cursed at all.

With a decent coaching set up this squad will improve massively if we get someone in who will give us an identity, a positive brand of football etc. We now have players good enough, we just need the right manager now. 

As mentioned numerous times, Bruce will always succeed at teams like Hull. The way we approach games is absolutely pathetic. 

I worry this 'stability' idea is all Tony is thinking about, you have the wrong guy in charge! 

One thing I will say, the camera cut to Bruce loads last night, and on many occasions he was clearly telling the players to play higher up and to keep the ball on the floor.

I really think it's a mentality thing. That's not excusing bruce, it's his responsibility to get his message across.

40 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think the manager is part of the problem this time. A big part. 

Do you think that the previous managers have also been a problem? And if so more or less than Bruce?

IMO

McLeish - :puke:

Lambert - started well considering what he was trying to build. I don't think that he was supported sufficiently when we should have been kicking on. And at the end, well, we all know about that.

Sherwood - short term appointment and it worked in the sense that we stayed up. Disaster from the minute that we were safe onwards.

Garde - I don't know what he was told when he was coming here but I think that the board gave up which was evidenced by the January transfer window after he had inherited a broken squad. Liked him at first as we seemed an organised outfit then everything just fell apart.

RDM - Did a good job of reshaping the squad although midfield was totally neglected. We played decent football and in hindsight it looks like he should have been given more time although we'll never know if it would have gotten better or worse.

He needs to keep the same formation he started with against Newcastle and the same players, subject to injury. We are not far away from turning this around ,one win and things will look completely different , just keep the faith, we will beat Derby  UTV. 

Edited by tinker

There is no point in people saying we are playing rubbish football Bruce's teams are always like that we knew that before we came the worrying thing is we are conceding soft goals which is very unlike Bruce's teams I feel sorry for him in a way you can't legislate for the goals we are conceding at the minute ,it is a results based business though and if the results don't start coming his days will be numbered the buck always stops with the manager in the end ,I think we need to stick with the manager until the end of the season and then reevaluate the situation .We aren't as bad as the results suggest a lack of confidence and to be honest we aren't getting much luck either which every team needs .

3 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Tactics, formation, signings, entertainment, results, subs etc terrible, but lets still stick with him, because of stability.

Self preservation ( staying in league ) overrides stability for me and he should be replaced

Â