Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, knoppy1987 said:

I'm behind Bruce - I just feel we have to see a manager through and try and prove that yet more change is not what is required. It is a risk, but getting new managers in has been also. 

I have grown very tired of the in the door and out the door culture; not just with Villa. It reminds me of Cagliari or Palermo. I remember sitting here last summer and we're all yearning for new players etc. In hindsight, would we have been any worse off than we are now even if we did despise some of players attitude after last season? The same could be said about RDM being in charge, or the wave of January transfers. Are we satisfying the excitement of a transfer/new manager akin to the purchase of the latest and greatest IPhone or whatever to satisfy the soul? 

My opinion is that we need to get behind the team and manager and do our best to see this through. We need some foundation/core and chopping and changing because we're all miffed after 5-6 years cannot be a continued risk to take. 

The risk is relegation.

I said in an earlier post that we might as well give him more time as this season was gone anyway. But I now worry that he will get us relegated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

we should be the biggest challenge for manager's around the world.

"Who can polish the ultimate turd that is Villa and turn them into a footballing outfit?"

if only some cocky and talented manager would jump at that challenge. :D

Totally. We should be mouth-watering for some cocky upstart looking to make their mark. Biggest team in the U.K.'s second largest city. Well supported, historic, former giants and supportive owner. It's on a plate FFS.

Saunders - Taylor - Atkinson. Absolute footballing geniuses. Can we honestly mention any manager we've had since MoN (at a push) in the same breath? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrassyNoel said:

Totally. We should be mouth-watering for some cocky upstart looking to make their mark. Biggest team in the U.K.'s second largest city. Well supported, historic, former giants and supportive owner. It's on a plate FFS.

Saunders - Taylor - Atkinson. Absolute footballing geniuses. Can we honestly mention any manager we've had since MoN (at a push) in the same breath? 

Going OT here, not a chance with MON, do t get me wrong he knew how he wanted to play and actually bought players that could play that way which automatically makes him better than anyone we've had since (Bruce's use of his own signings tells you everything you need to know about him) but he was heavily flawed, no plan b, incredibly stubborn

• Like 2

We have bristol and Rotherham in the coming weeks and sadly under Bruce I cannot see us winning either of them. These are relegation six pointers - no other way to look at them.

We need a change! 

Look at both goals tonight, both conceded due to poor defending from set pieces. Bruce himself was a decent centre back so if he cannot coach or instill the basics on the area of the pitch he played, what hope does he have of imparting his wisdom on attacking play?

He already looks devoid of ideas, tactics and solutions. His constant switching of personnel and formations reminds me of Timmy who guessed at everything, hoping something would work.

It hasn't worked, I don't see it changing and to keep him for keeping sake would be akin to burying our heads in the sand. 

Ultimately we have No wins this year, which includes against teams (Ipswich, forest, Barnsley, brentford et all) which were all either below or around us in the table. 

Shocking.

16 minutes ago, bretonvilla said:

Is it possible that manager after manager can be so shown up to be bad managers when they come to us ? Are these players that we are bringing in mentally capable enough ? Our situation is becoming a uniquely bad one which overpowers the majority of even good to average players ,,,,,and managers . Expectation , history ,,,,,,,,and hope is so heavy that I really don't know how it can be turned round . Managers and players are being totally overwhelmed by our situation , 

If you are talking about the fans, expectation and hope are rock bottom. We would be sky high with joy if we got a win. Expectations have never been so low, and I have been supporting this club since prehistoric times.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Going OT here, not a chance with MON, do t get me wrong he knew how he wanted to play and actually bought players that could play that way which automatically makes him better than anyone we've had since (Bruce's use of his own signings tells you everything you need to know about him) but he was heavily flawed, no plan b, incredibly stubborn

No I agree, just had to draw the line. Gregory would be my shout. 

MoN was all those things, but spiteful is the main attribute I think of with him, timing his leaving for maximum damage. It worked, hope you're satisfied. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I know that. Your entitled to it. 

...even if it's wrong ;)

Haha. I've been wrong before and I will be again. :)

We're all chasing the same thing with Villa. Like you, I just want to feel like we're going somewhere. We all have that in common and we'll all still be here whoever is in charge. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The problem is like I quoted previously in this thread, we cannot attract quality managers. We need a Mourinho, Ancelotti, Koman even. But we obviously cannot get these guys so I have no idea what the answer is. We just have to hope we find a manager who can make us click.

I totally agree   Sadly though , the level that we're at means it really is pot luck . Wagner's doing a good job at Hudd at the moment but was his CV any more impressive than Gardes women he came to us . Pulis isnt always top 8 ! Hughton at Brightons had some awful times , Allardyce , Pardew , Moyes , Martinez . They all have a flash in the pan season or two , and if it's your club then your luck's in , but unless you find that rare nugget , then this is how it's going to be for us for the foreseeable future 

Shambles at back again 

Picked a side to defend and left Hogan isolated though when he did get near ball his hold up play made Gabby look like Zlatan

Kodjia far too deep 

Midfield one paced and not balanced 

Thor = Holman mk2

Hutton best player and thats in an attacking sense too 

Subs again left too late 

All on all another managerial masterclass 

• Like 3

Â