Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Goals win you games in this league, but this seems to have escaped Bruce despite having a wealth of attacking talent (compared to most of this league) at his disposal.

Outside the top 2 theres not many of the better teams who have conceded less than a goal a game, but it doesn't matter, because they just go and score one more than the opposition.

1 shot on target tonight, and thats now a grand total of 20 goals in 21 league games under Bruce. Only Wigan and Rotherham have scored the same or less. Unacceptable.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, honest_bertie said:

Don't know who we should get in but I can't see the harm in giving dean smith a try. We gone all other options, why not have a punt on him. Bruce needs to go now, no point delaying the inevitable and might as well start the next rebuild now.

b82cd5cb8067ef6396b2d5f0a4d10377a99ee30566496d96cd7766c72f38ce15.jpg

• Like 1

Steve Bruce said that we wouldn't bring anyone in during the window that wouldn't strengthen us. I don't want to write out a long list of the new players and rate them against who they replaced, but I'm sure most people would agree that the team isn't stronger now than it was on December 31st. 

That doesn't mean that the players bought are bad players but that they haven't strengthened the team. The reason for this in my opinion, is that we don't set up to use the players we have to our best advantage. We swapped one weak goal keeper for another and did nothing to strengthen the centre of the defence but then set up defensively. We don't play a style that plays through the midfield despite buying a new midfield, some of whom are of questionable quality. And we sold a big bloke up front and decided to hoof it. 

At Sunderland Steve Bruce bought 30 players in 2 and a half years. The main argument for keeping him on is stability. What's stable about turning over 30 players in 2 and a half years?? Or for that matter changing the left back very game?

How can anyone now defend what is completely indefensible? I hate the idea of changing our manager but I have no idea what else we can do.

I rate Bruce as a manager but he just looks totally out of his depth and bereft of any ideas. The bit that really worries me is the total absence of any sort of Plan B coupled with his patent inability to instil any sort of confidence or backbone in the players.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

How can anyone now defend what is completely indefensible? I hate the idea of changing our manager but I have no idea what else we can do.

I rate Bruce as a manager but he just looks totally out of his depth and bereft of any ideas. The bit that really worries me is the total absence of any sort of Plan B coupled with his patent inability to instil any sort of confidence or backbone in the players.

I think it's unfair to say we haven't got a plan B, we're on at least plan G! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think it's unfair to say we haven't got a plan B, we're on at least plan G! 

And none of them work and nor should one plan being tested to destruction in one game without any attempt to change it.

Mentally there is something seriously wrong at this club, so wrong that the same problems persist despite change of owners, managers and players. I'm not defending Bruce at all and am probably leaning more towards getting rid than keeping but the depressing thing is we're likely going to be seeing the same shameful weakness and general losing attitude regardless of who is manager. I don't know how we get out of this.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Mentally there is something seriously wrong at this club, so wrong that the same problems persist despite change of owners, managers and players. I'm not defending Bruce at all and am probably leaning more towards getting rid than keeping but the depressing thing is we're likely going to be seeing the same shameful weakness and general losing attitude regardless of who is manager. I don't know how we get out of this.

The only thing left to change is the fans. Bruce & the team are working hard to drive away as many of the current ones as they can, so its certainly possible.

• Like 4

Stick with for me. If our players could finish we would have a lot more points. Blame lies with them for me at the minute. 

The goals we are conceding are farcical and the finishing abysmal but we need to give someone time. 

I do however see the other side and he needs to stop trying to shoehorn players into wrong positions just to have them on the pitch. 

Get Kodjia up front with Adomah and Green/Grealish on the wings. 

Why stick. We are not getting good goal scoring chances because of the way Bruce sets us up. If we don't score goals we risk going down. It's not rocket science. 

Worst losing streak since 1974. How anyone defends Bruce still is beyond me

• Like 4

Â