Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

The absolute minimum you would expect from a manager deserving of staying in his job is someone who gets his players fighting and working together, who can motivate and lift his players, who can get them to work hard and stick together and be able to keep their spirits up and inspire them. The MINIMUM! Regardless of results (which can sometimes, just sometimes be put down to poor luck - not under Bruce though) you expect to see a team on the pitch who fight for a cause and show some determination. Even that has gone now...

Bruce has been completely incapable of doing even that, he is completely lost and devoid of passion, fight and ideas. He takes an age to change things on the pitch, continually fails to lift or inspire his players to show any fight and cohesion. He flipping changes formations every game and has no idea what his best 11 is and how to organise them on the pitch! This has not worked out, accept that and move on. Give someone else a chance!

What's getting to me is people keep on saying, give him another 2,3,4 games over and over again? Why, just why? So we keep losing them? So we can just continue to throw away this season and subject ourselves to doom?

He has done nothing to deserve extra games, it just goes on and on. How can anyone put up with this continual rot? It is terrible, absolutely terrible and he hasn't provided a jot of hope.

Enough!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

104b679f9ac62a5809968628e593b7ee.jpg

Yeah that's the source of the problems for 20 odd other grown men getting paid handsomely at a Prestigious football club. lol :rolleyes:

Yeah, it isn't possible that they would see that sorry excuse for a footballer being played week in week out and let their standards drop, or feel slightly irked that they're being made to work for a spot in the team when he walked straight back in, and was kept in, after showing nothing. How silly of me. Lol.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What's getting to me is people keep on saying, give him another 2,3,4 games over and over again? Why, just why? So we keep losing them? So we can just continue to throw away this season and subject ourselves to doom?

He has done nothing to deserve extra games, it just goes on and on. How can anyone put up with this continual rot? It is terrible, absolutely terrible and he hasn't provided a jot of hope.

Enough!

I think the question is who would you replace him with? If we look like staying up after the next three games then I would start looking for his replacement in the summer. If we lose them then he has to go now and get someone like Rowett in. But if we'll stay up what's the difference between now and end of the season? 

1 minute ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Yeah, it isn't possible that they would see that sorry excuse for a footballer being played week in week out and let their standards drop, or feel slightly irked that they're being made to work for a spot in the team when he walked straight back in, and was kept in, after showing nothing. How silly of me. Lol.  

54530062.jpg

Beyond silly.

8 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

I think the question is who would you replace him with? If we look like staying up after the next three games then I would start looking for his replacement in the summer. If we lose them then he has to go now and get someone like Rowett in. But if we'll stay up what's the difference between now and end of the season? 

I can't see things improving anytime soon (why would anyone be ok with us risking, and most likely, losing the next 2-3 games just to give him yet another chance, why not do something to try and win those games?) and I just cannot understand why anyone does. It's been long enough and we are on a rotten run, everything is pointing to relegation atm and I cannot see where a win is coming from. We are falling to pieces.

Stated this earlier or in another thread but I would welcome the appointment of Rowett (not the only consideration but he is available now and has demonstrated his abilities, is young and determined and doesn't take any shit), initially until the end of the season initially. Give him a chance to earn a longer stay but definitely take stock and have a review at the end of the season and make a proper, well researched appointment then.

Thing are really bad, much worse, and we have to do something to try and halt this alarming slump.

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Says the person communicating through memes. :rolleyes:

Do you know how many teams have "misfit" players?

Have you seen issues with Costa at Chelsea, Berahinho at WBA, and countless others which I am sure are much better examples?

This isn't even something which is worthy of more than memes to be honest based on the sheer ridiculousness of it.

You are genuinely thinking the problem for our woes now is...... Gabriel Agbonlahor?

If you want to have a random pop at Gabby go into that thread and knock yourself out ffs.

I don't agree with this 'his players' bollocks. A decent manager should be able to work with any decent bunch of players. A manager wouldn't walk into Chelsea and start churning out dross football and losing every week and then have the fans say "oh well, they are not his players so it is to be expected".

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do you know how many teams have "misfit" players?

Have you seen issues with Costa at Chelsea, Berahinho at WBA, and countless others which I am sure are much better examples?

This isn't even something which is worthy of more than memes to be honest based on the sheer ridiculousness of it.

You are genuinely thinking the problem for our woes now is...... Gabriel Agbonlahor?

If you want to have a random pop at Gabby go into that thread and knock yourself out ffs.

It isn't a random pop at gabby at all,it a genuine point that I think he lost the players when he put gabby back into the team. Are you saying it had no effect? I don't feel like you're willing to have the debate though, so it isn't worth me trying to explain further. So gutted that my posts aren't worthy of further memes :(

But, did I see issues with berahino at wba? Is that a serious question? 

3 hours ago, Eastie said:

The thing that really pissed  me off was seeing our new striker get a nasty injury and only one villa player going to check on him - without team spirit there is nothing - shocking.

To be fair, the injury happened in the opposition penalty area, so it would have been quite a journey for his teammates to get to him.

• Like 2

As TRO stated we were not particularly outplayed by an average Newcastle side but we were outfought, thats on the manager.

He waited 10 minutes before making any changes after going 2 down, why? what did he think was going to happen as we had hardly threatened in the game to that point, thats on the manager.

We know what he will do on saturday, he will change one or 2 players again, tweak the system again not with any gameplan in mind, but because he knows no other way to try and change it, thats on the manager.

For those that say we cannot keep changing the manager where is the change going to come, we have bought what appear on paper very good players for this league and yet during 90 minutes we cannot pass, we do not move for the ball, there is too much space between the midfield and the strikers and a genuine lack of any kind of team spirit. At least changing the manager might just break the gloom around the place.

Last night our best player was Hutton, thats on the manager too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peterms said:

To be fair, the injury happened in the opposition penalty area, so it would have been quite a journey for his teammates to get to him.

Especially the way we are playing with the striker isolated and the rest of the team way back on our own half.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peterms said:

Bruce would have shot them for going into the opposition's box.:)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:
  • So when he went after Hourihane, Lansbury and Hogan.....you didn't want them?.....you thought they was worse than what we had?.....is that correct?
  • I believe most fans were happy with his additions.....so far, its not working.....but lets not divorce ourselves from the excitement of signing them particular ones just because its not working, maybe our judgment is impaired too?.....perish the thought.

Players were bought individually and you would think that Bruce had a masterplan into which he would place these players - it seems he did not

When he bought Lansbury and Hourihane (both decent Championship players) I wondered how he was going to produce a formation in which they could both function - it turned out he can't

I was shocked that he allowed Tishbola and Westwood to go without bringing in at least one more proper holding midfielder

I was really disappointed with his handling of McCormack and Ayew and shocked when he let them and Gestede go only to replace them just with Hogan

So whilst I had no problem one by one with the players coming in, when the window slammed shut I was not convinced that we had bought the right players...seems I was right to be worried

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Players were bought individually and you would think that Bruce had a masterplan into which he would place these players - it seems he did not

When he bought Lansbury and Hourihane (both decent Championship players) I wondered how he was going to produce a formation in which they could both function - it turned out he can't

I was shocked that he allowed Tishbola and Westwood to go without bringing in at least one more proper holding midfielder

I was really disappointed with his handling of McCormack and Ayew and shocked when he let them and Gestede go only to replace them just with Hogan

So whilst I had no problem one by one with the players coming in, when the window slammed shut I was not convinced that we had bought the right players...seems I was right to be worried

THIS!

The difference Jedinak made displays this even more.

I was certain he was going to play Hourihane and Landsbury as box to box/attacking mids with a DM.

Neither of them are Holding/DM Midfielders and relatively lightweight for the position.

Not rocket science!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

For Bruce to stay at the club in the summer he will need to deliver a top 10 finish at least imo

For this to happen it would take a complete turn round in fortunes in terms of playing style its just not going to happen is it.

Thank god he's on a rolling contract.

Â