Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

but your call for him to go ,is emotive too and I guess if you don't agree, could call that nonsense too,to appease your argument.

No it's not - its based on the fact that we have one point from the last 27 available and are in freefall

We could still be playing Newcastle now and not have scored

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

No it's not - its based on the fact that we have one point from the last 27 available and are in freefall

1 from 24, 2 from 27 I think. could easily become 2 from 30 too though. That form across a season and we'd scrape double figures and get relegated. Personally, I don't think there's a league in the world where a coach keeps his job after that kind of form.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Are you just discarding the facts relating to the first 12 games?

folk were saying they don't know how he has done it.....now we have some adversity and we dump him?

The disruption of losing players in the Afcon, key injuries, new player acquisition are they all to be packaged under the heading....." so what,you're the manager, this is shite"

you say we cannot go on losing like this and to be honest I have great empathy with that. ......but equally I believe, we cannot go on changing managers at the rate we do and fuelling this car crash.

I think we may have a bit of catch 22

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, sne said:

So have we started blaming the schedule yet?

Wenger usually does that this time of year

I'll text him......he probably hasn't thought of that.

......but there again, I don't think he has blamed anything, other than saying the job is tougher than he first thought.

I say stick with him and trust him to get enough points to get us over the line, it's a gamble but so is getting a new guy in starting nothing.

There MUST be something going on behind the scenes. There just doesn't seem to be any team spirit. It seems like there's been some major rift in the camp which everyone is keeping quiet about.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I say stick with him and trust him to get enough points to get us over the line, it's a gamble but so is getting a new guy in starting nothing.

There MUST be something going on behind the scenes. There just doesn't seem to be any team spirit. It seems like there's been some major rift in the camp which everyone is keeping quiet about.

Next 3 games in the space of a week - Derby , Bristol city and Rotherham - he sinks or swiMs by those results for me .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why stick. We are not getting good goal scoring chances because of the way Bruce sets us up. If we don't score goals we risk going down. It's not rocket science. 

Worst losing streak since 1974. How anyone defends Bruce still is beyond me

Because a manager should get more than 5 games with his players? it's not rocket science.

Worst losing streak since 1974. You realise we lost 11 in a row last season and 7 in a row last season, yes? :crylaugh:

Edited by kurtsimonw

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Next 3 games in the space of a week - Derby , Bristol city and Rotherham - he sinks or swiMs by those results for me .

I think you might be right, given that the first 2 are at home and the third ... well the third is Rotherham.

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Are you just discarding the facts relating to the first 12 games?

folk were saying they don't know how he has done it.....now we have some adversity and we dump him?

The disruption of losing players in the Afcon, key injuries, new player acquisition are they all to be packaged under the heading....." so what,you're the manager, this is shite"

you say we cannot go on losing like this and to be honest I have great empathy with that. ......but equally I believe, we cannot go on changing managers at the rate we do and fuelling this car crash.

I think we may have a bit of catch 22

No he gets credit for that. If his record was solely 2 points from possible 27 he'd be gone already a la RDM, but whatever good he did (and he had a large slice of good fortune in his early run) that has well run out now.

We've been discussing this for months and from the off I told you that he was not the right man for us, although I had no idea that he would be as bad as this

The "can't keep changing managers" is a well worn meme but each manager has to earn his right to be there for the next game and Bruce has had his chance and blown it

Much more procrastination and we will see ourselves in League 1

To follow up on your Catch 22 reference “Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them" Bruce is a mediocre manager and to shake us out of our malaise we need something more than that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, striker said:

Bruce describing the turnover in players as an excuse is really starting to grate with me. If he thought that was destabilising the club before he arrived why do the same again when he was getting better results with the previous squad?

He can't have it both ways and it smacks of desperation.

Xia's silence is deafening at the moment.

Xias  silence is welcome right now - let's see where we are after the Rotherham game .

6 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Because a manager should get more than 5 games with his players? it's not rocket science.

Worst losing streak since 1974. You realise we lost 11 in a row last season and 7 in a row last season, yes? :crylaugh:

That's a dreadful excuse.

So because he decided he couldn't get anywhere with the players who were here and bought more that buys him more time ?

So if he buys a load more every window it keeps buying him time ?

The point of adding to the squad is to improve results and performances. He has added to the squad and both have fallen through the floor- and we're doing before the new guys arrived.

Its bonkers imo to say we have to ignore the fact he's actually had over 20 games.

• Like 2

This is beyond a joke now, how many more games are we going to give him?! It's the same BS week after week (albeit with a new fangled "formation" thrown in, clueless!) and we are sinking fast, this has to end before it's way too late and the damage is irreversible.

Bruce out now! The only possible uplift now would be shifting him & his staff immediately because we haven't looked like winning a game for an age!!!

Get him out, get Rowett in on a rolling contract again (he doesn't seem the sort who would take any shit and should at least be able to motivate the players, Bruce seems incapable of even that! Would want to prove a point & have drive and determination plus he is available so we needn't waste any time) see how he does and give him a chance to prove himself and take stock in the summer (make a "proper" appointment then if necessary or let him continue if he has done really well). Get a coaching team in now and give them a chance to WIN SOME BLEEDING GAMES(!!!) instead of draining away like we are. We are going down unless action is taken, we have to try...

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

That's a dreadful excuse.

So because he decided he couldn't get anywhere with the players who were here and bought more that buys him more time ?

So if he buys a load more every window it keeps buying him time ?

The point of adding to the squad is to improve results and performances. He has added to the squad and both have fallen through the floor- and we're doing before the new guys arrived.

Its bonkers imo to say we have to ignore the fact he's actually had over 20 games.

Eh?

He took over a squad with players that weren't his. He's now signed his players. Why would another window give him more time? 

Yes and his results were mostly good for the first half of those 20 games, so I'm willing to give him a bit more time due to the reason above and losing our top scorer to ACON for a few weeks.

• Like 1

Â