Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Tactics, formation, signings, entertainment, results, subs etc terrible, but lets still stick with him, because of stability.

Stability and Steve Bruce goes together like water and oil 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

next 3 games are massive...and should win them all. i say stick with him now, but a defeat in any of these 3 games and he deserves to go

I'm not sure how anyone could think that in all honestly, even with a fully fit squad, have you seen our results since Boxing Day?

We concede too many goals, and we don't score anywhere near enough. We will not win the next three game. That's 100% certain!

I'm mr positive, but even I have come to the end of all hope now. The complete lack of any semblance of a team was there for all to see last night whne Hogan was down and clearly in agony. With a spirit like that we are doomed!

I really don't think our ship has hit the rocks yet....the similarities with last season are scarey as hell!

29 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Tactics, formation, signings, entertainment, results, subs etc terrible, but lets still stick with him, because of stability.

Kinda coming round to this way of thinking to be honest.

It seems to me that Bruce is keeping his job because we have appointed so many crap managers consecutively. But where is the cut off point? What if we lose the next 5? does he still stay for 'stability'?

The problem is whatever his message is, the players aren't buying it. There doesn't seem to be any belief in what they are trying to do.

Lose the next 3 games and I think he will be in real trouble but I saw enough last night to suggest things will improve - we must however cut out the stupid errors and improve team spirit - hogan was on the floor a long time with a nasty injury and only Hutton went over to check on him - poor team ethics.

9 hours ago, dappadan said:

Stick with for me. If our players could finish we would have a lot more points. Blame lies with them for me at the minute. 

The goals we are conceding are farcical and the finishing abysmal but we need to give someone time. 

I do however see the other side and he needs to stop trying to shoehorn players into wrong positions just to have them on the pitch. 

Get Kodjia up front with Adomah and Green/Grealish on the wings. 

Way wrong for me. If we are set up like last night it wouldn't matter if you had the best finisher in the world.  We managed one shot on target which occured only through blind luck. The blame lies firmly with the manager, who bought the players, trains them, chooses formation and tactics.

As others have pointed out - are we better than before the window? Get rid of three strikers and bring one in? Buy attacking midfielders and play them 10 yards in front of the back four!

Finally Grealish is not a winger. No pace and needs half an hour to decide what to do with it. In fact it would be very hard to pinpoint a position that Grealish could play in. Not a winger, not a forward, not hard-working or athletic enough to be a midfielder

Your Kodija, Green, Adomah combination is about the only option avialable after a multi-multi-million pounds spend. Very Sad

11 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Kinda coming round to this way of thinking to be honest.

It seems to me that Bruce is keeping his job because we have appointed so many crap managers consecutively. But where is the cut off point? What if we lose the next 5? does he still stay for 'stability'?

The problem is whatever his message is, the players aren't buying it. There doesn't seem to be any belief in what they are trying to do.

I think if he loses the next 2 he'll be gone.

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Way wrong for me. If we are set up like last night it wouldn't matter if you had the best finisher in the world.  We managed one shot on target which occured only through blind luck. The blame lies firmly with the manager, who bought the players, trains them, chooses formation and tactics.

As others have pointed out - are we better than before the window? Get rid of three strikers and bring one in? Buy attacking midfielders and play them 10 yards in front of the back four!

Finally Grealish is not a winger. No pace and needs half an hour to decide what to do with it. In fact it would be very hard to pinpoint a position that Grealish could play in. Not a winger, not a forward, not hard-working or athletic enough to be a midfielder

Your Kodija, Green, Adomah combination is about the only option avialable after a multi-multi-million pounds spend. Very Sad

We were playing away at top of the league after a string of bad results though. For me there was nothing wrong with the set up first half apart from Kodjia out wide. 

We played ok and restricted them to nothing until our players again made avoidable mistakes. Just like the previous 2 games! 

We seem to have decent players that can not seem to handle the pressure and pass the ball to each other.

Before the Ipswich game I was watching the warm up and we had the front 6 all around the box passing to each other and setting up strikes that were being finished really well. They just can't seem to transfer that to the pitch.

As for Grealish the best games I have seen him play is from the left beating full backs and putting the ball across the box. 

Bruce is making mistakes there is no doubt about that but he could use a little support from his players.

8 minutes ago, dappadan said:

We were playing away at top of the league after a string of bad results though. For me there was nothing wrong with the set up first half apart from Kodjia out wide. 

We played ok and restricted them to nothing until our players again made avoidable mistakes. Just like the previous 2 games! 

We seem to have decent players that can not seem to handle the pressure and pass the ball to each other.

Before the Ipswich game I was watching the warm up and we had the front 6 all around the box passing to each other and setting up strikes that were being finished really well. They just can't seem to transfer that to the pitch.

As for Grealish the best games I have seen him play is from the left beating full backs and putting the ball across the box. 

Bruce is making mistakes there is no doubt about that but he could use a little support from his players.

You may think that was a good tactic - I did not! Basically he was looking for 0-0 and gambling on a lucky break. It was no surprise to me that we conceded and no surprise when we conceded again. Could you honestly see us scoring a goal? I couldn't. We managed one shot on target all night.  We more or less played a back five and then asked Bjarnason and Kodija to play as wingbacks. Lansbury and Hourihane played ten yards in front of Jedinak and Hogan on his own 50 yds ahead of that - all he got was big punts upfield with three defenders around him.

Bruce has spent £50-60m and left us worse than before. We haven't sorted the goalkeeping problem, still have no options at CB, Lost three forwards and bought one in, bought two attacking midfielders and ask them to play as defensive midfielders. most worryingly we have no options for defensive MF. We should not be reliant on Jedinak. Our first priority should have been a Kante/Gana type player to put some legs into midfield.  Lansbury and Hourihane were excellent for Forest and Barnsley respectvily and now look awful because of the tactics and formation they are being played in - we should never have bought both

Bruce has no idea what he is doing and we will be relegated if we don't appreciate and act on that

• Like 1

Bruce describing the turnover in players as an excuse is really starting to grate with me. If he thought that was destabilising the club before he arrived why do the same again when he was getting better results with the previous squad?

He can't have it both ways and it smacks of desperation.

Xia's silence is deafening at the moment.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Fair enough

So do you think he should go now or should we wait?

Honestly, I don't know.

I still don't think it's beyond him to turn this round. However, I'm at the stage where if we sacked him today I'd be fine with it.

Gun to my head I'd say sack him, because I can't see us winning either of the next two and if that happens I'll be sure he should go.

• Like 1

Â