Next Villa Manager

Richard

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Can any of those mentioning Bruce come up with one reason why ?

He isn't one for the city re, to build the Club ( which is one way to go) neither is he one particularly to get us up this year (as I have said, one promotion in nine years). What is the attraction ? 

I would rather gamble on any one of six young I'll and comings than him, or if I'm talking experience go for either more recent promotions or more of them.

Its 2 promotions isn't it? He got Hull up twice.

Also the 9 years figure is misleading. He got Blues up prior to that twice, and considerable years of that 9 he was managing in the Prem with Wigan, Sunderland and Hull.

Bruce isn't a great manager, and certainly not at Prem level, and the Blues thing is always going to haunt him... But I'd sooner have him in the seat than RDM or a fair few others.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Martin O'Neil is a great shout imo. He was the last manager to get Villa playing with passion and spirit. 

a man that walks away from tough challenges, the type of manager we dont need now

6 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Whoever comes in I hope it will finally be things happening on the pitch instead of off it! 

Sick of all the turmoil. Just want my club to be competing again. 

I know, f*** the damn drama and give us football again. I miss the days I believed we would win matches and wouldn't instantly assume a loss.

• Like 3

Did MON actually walk away from a tough challenge though, he is a man with principles and morals and it could be that he was made promises then had them broken with a take it or leave it choice. Dont forget he actually got paid off for walking out by the club so I still believe there was more to it than we knew about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

Or assume a draw, put money on it and then lose... 

It just had to happen. You can always count on Villa throwing you a proverbial curveball of sorrow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillakevBromsgrove said:

Did MON actually walk away from a tough challenge though, he is a man with principles and morals and it could be that he was made promises then had them broken with a take it or leave it choice. Dont forget he actually got paid off for walking out by the club so I still believe there was more to it than we knew about.

Dunno but I don't think it's a coincidence that Sunderland are equally treading water since he left there having spent a shitload on average short term signings that are worthless within a few years, and hard to shift.  

9 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I know, f*** the damn drama and give us football again. I miss the days I believed we would win matches and wouldn't instantly assume a loss.

Relegation might not be so bad they said. We'll actually win a few games in the Championship they said. The nightmare never ends does it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Relegation might not be so bad they said. We'll actually win a few games in the Championship they said. The nightmare never ends does it?

We must surely be part of some large betting scheme, or a social experiment to test irrational behaviour.. This just ain't right!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

that Steve McLaren rumour is actually scary and probably type of profile Xia will go for. replace champions league winner with an ex-England manager

said it before Warnock as a caretaker manager at least he will steady the ship

Warnock would be worse than Mclaren imo. Only problem is we might have to supply the umbrellas. 

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Perhaps relegation to div 1 might not be so bad as we might actually win some games ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Warnock would be worse than Mclaren imo. Only problem is we might have to supply the umbrellas. 

Warnock would be far better than McClaren I think. He's had some good success at this level and wouldn't take any crap.