Next Villa Manager

Richard

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Why? Because he can string a sentence together on TV.

It is odd what people forget, I'm not talking about faith healing or his views on the disabled here I'm talking about his managerial record.

He hasn't managed for 10 years, let me just say that again, he hasn't managed for 10 years! His last appointment was when he failed at Wolves.

Why on earth would you want him?

I think a lot of the names mentioned for a future manager arent the right ones or necessarily an improvement, i think that most Villa fans are that depressed now that we would take anyone if it gave us some hope of winning. We literally are a joke of a club even more so than when we got relegated.... I've stayed positive through Mcleish, Lambert, Garde and now RDM but im tired so bugga it lets get relegated again and have a crack at league one then......

Like someone said a few pages ago the whole Championship experience thing is a load of bull.

I genuinely think we should look in Germany for a manager.  

All i want to see is an organised Villa side with some structure and identity. Whether that identity is long ball football, counter attacking.. We just need something.

The problem for any manager that is coming into this job today is the height of expectation coming from the fans. Unfortunately we are not a club that has the patience to give a young manager the chance to build something which is sad. 

The size of the task and role is going to be suited for an experienced, strong minded manager.

Where we are right now needs a pragmatic manager, who has a record in sos situations.....might not be long term but can build some "street cred" until we can attract the right one to rebuild the club.

we are recruiting managers who have an over inflated view of themselves and are out of their depth.....they resemble a top hat tails manager.....when we need one who slops out the cowshed.

We need to understand as a club exactly where we are.

We are in amongst the weeds.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KHV said:

I'd take Neil Warnock for the rest of the season. He certainly makes a short term impact. What he did with Rotherham was remarkable 

I would be inclined to agree with that for one major reason....The main problem we have is what he is good at.

short term mind.

Holloway to see if he can improve on his prediction of 16th or Steve McClaren to hear his brummie accent.  ;)

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Holloway to see if he can improve on his prediction of 16th or Steve McClaren to hear his brummie accent.  ;)

Stoive McLarun? Yep, would be funny.

Holloway???? No **** way. I would have McLeish back before I let that prick into Villa Park

Edited by TheStagMan

3 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

I haven't read through this thread so have no idea if anyone has suggested Lee Johnson at Bristol City, but he's done a good job there and at Barnsley before that. They play good football and he seems a very astute guy when I've seen him interviewed

I suggested him or Wagner at Huddersfield. Like Johnson though, i think hes going to be a very good manager in years to come. I think he would do a good job here.

We are not going to be promoted at this rate so why not get him in and see what happens between now and at the very very least end of the season?

I am sure he would take the Villa job if given the chance.

Dyche is ultimately the manager i would like at this moment in time. Aint gonna happen though

Edited by leighavfc