Next Villa Manager

Richard

The media have got 80% of things about Xia wrong since he bought the club. Xia calls them out on it all the time. 

I highly doubt McLaren is on his list. Maybe he wants to buy a McLaren and they got confused. 

• Like 4

On 28/09/2016 at 17:23, terrytini said:

Almost nothing in football is as daft as the idea of getting 'one of us'.  Has almost never worked anywhere.  And he would, if he came, be judged on his performances.  If they were poor his 'allegiance' would mean nothing.

My problem with him is that doing well with Blues means pretty much nothing.  And I don't mean out of some petty dislike of them , I don't suffer from that. (or benefit from it  whichever "!) - it is just a totally different kettle of fish in what was expected, what is regarded as progress, how teams play against them compared to us (which allows him a particular style) and the fact he hasn't had anyone promoted from this League yet.  

In fact I wonder if he wasn't 'Villa' would he figure on many lists ?

I didn't say appoint him because he's Villa, I just pointed it out as some would no doubt say they didn't want him as he's played and managed the shit down the road, which is irrelevant in this case. I'd say his performances have pretty good given he's working with **** all. The list of possible replacements for RDM is so ordinary, I'd rather give a younger manager like Rowett a chance.

Edited by CastleBromVilla

36 minutes ago, AJ said:

After the shitshow at Preston, I would even be happy with Roy Keane!

Ryan Giggs maybe but not Keane - that's going too far.

12 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Like someone said a few pages ago the whole Championship experience thing is a load of bull.

I genuinely think we should look in Germany for a manager.  

All i want to see is an organised Villa side with some structure and identity. Whether that identity is long ball football, counter attacking.. We just need something.

The problem for any manager that is coming into this job today is the height of expectation coming from the fans. Unfortunately we are not a club that has the patience to give a young manager the chance to build something which is sad. 

The size of the task and role is going to be suited for an experienced, strong minded manager.

The expectation is derived from the size of the club.....The fans have just gone through 6 years of poor servings.....I have no doubt there has been an expectation of sorts spending c 100 million gross in 14 months.....as a result we have won 4 league games in 16 months.....one could say, what expectation, on the contrary, most fans think we are ****

We most certainly have got the patience to give a young manager the time to build, but we currently are trying to do that, only to find a manager that cannot get his team to display the basic elements of football.....There is evidence on display week in week out that is cringeworthy.

I don't know why that is.....perhaps he should explain.

We are in a very dark place right now and we desperately need to fix the fundamentals, whoever that is to do that.....it needs a manager who can recognise the basic fundamentals of the game are not being executed by our players on match day.

It seems to me there have been plenty of signings, but no rebuilding.....the team is unbalanced and that gives you a distinct disadvantage.....that is unacceptable.

Time is an acceptable form of mitigation, but it has to be accompanied by steady progress.....its not like a light switch, where you play **** for 12 months then one day you go out and ping it all comes good.....time is just a commodity you use to get your plans to work.....I don't see any plans to fix things, we seem to be using time to get divine intervention.

There is no evidence to date that the flaws that are contributing to our demise are being worked on.

ps "Too much icing ..........no cake"

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Ron Saunders was a journey man manager of low profile....

but he and his coaches knew how to get the fundamentals right, like balance and structure and more importantly knew the players who could deliver that.

some of these "names" we employ want to earn a fortune on the football gravy train , surround themselves with assistants and don't want to get their hands dirty.

thats the way it seems

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Ron Saunders was a journey man manager of low profile....

but he and his coaches knew how to get the fundamentals right, like balance and structure and more importantly knew the players who could deliver that.

some of these "names" we employ want to earn a fortune on the football gravy train , surround themselves with assistants and don't want to get their hands dirty.

thats the way it seems

The fans wanted Clough at the time. 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

If West Ham sack Bilic I'd like him. I don't know much about him really but seems to know what he's talking about and has a lot of passion (and is a nutter).

But he wouldn't come here. He will be looking for another top flight job and will probably get it,  I would say his stock is still quite high. 

People turning their noses up at the likes of Bruce need to reassess. We are not going to get any exiting names.  But then most managers promoted out of this league over the last several years would not have been considered particularly brilliant names until they had gone on to achieve that promotion. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

But he wouldn't come here. He will be looking for another top flight job and will probably get it,  I would say his stock is still quite high. 

People turning their noses up at the likes of Bruce need to reassess. We are not going to get any exiting names.  But then most managers promoted out of this league over the last several years would not have been considered particularly brilliant names until they had gone on to achieve that promotion. 

Good point Sid. IF we could attract him though, it would be good, but yeah that might be difficult. 

I do feel like were in a currently better position to find a manager than wehave been in a long while.

Keith Wyness, Brian Little and Steve round would have formulated a list, Steve Round will probably have the most say in this process.

Keep hearing Bruce.

One promotion in nine years .

Keep hearing Giggs, Neville, AVB, and others with either zero or fleeting actual success as Managers.

It has to be, surely, either a promising guy for a long term build job, or a guy with recent promotion success.

Edited by terrytini

Would MON come back? I would take him in an instant

We need a proven manager in, no more young managers trying to make a name for themselves. Someone with a tactical plan that he can implement and stick with until it works for us instead of changing it week in week out in the hope that something happens.

• Like 1

I just don't think I can take any more gambles, get someone who's definitely good. (I know there's always an element of doubt but one with as little doubt as possible would be good).

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2