Next Villa Manager

Richard

4 minutes ago, supermon said:

Has to be fat Sam for me, hopefully the fa thing isn't too major, didn't exactly do anything illegal. Although realistically don't see him coming back to the limelight any soon.

That then leaves Steve Bruce. 

Whose long term assistant manager was Eric Black.

Personally i'll support whoever is appointed. Bruce, McCarthy or even McLaren for example they will get my approval. Past few managers have been a let down so I support whoever comes in now even if it isn't exciting or inspiring. Seems no matter who we appoint Westwood is chosen etc so they continue to make the same mistakes so let's see. 

10 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Martin O'Neil is a great shout imo. He was the last manager to get Villa playing with passion and spirit. 

I have a hunch he is happy where he is, managing Ireland. He seemed to enjoy managing Villa. He just hated Lerner.

5 minutes ago, AJ said:

I have a hunch he is happy where he is, managing Ireland. He seemed to enjoy managing Villa. He just hated Lerner.

or when lerners backing completely collapsed pre-2010 he just bailed.Not sure it was anything personal in lerner and o neills personal relationship per se.

off-topic its a shame lerner didn't sell on then. he would have still been thought of in a good light and if we had been sold properly we might have continued to prosper as those days our stock was rising

Can any of those mentioning Bruce come up with one reason why ?

He isn't one for the future, to build the Club ( which is one way to go) neither is he one particularly to get us up this year (as I have said, one promotion in nine years). What is the attraction ? 

I would rather gamble on any one of six young up and comings than him, or if I'm talking experience go for either more recent promotions or more of them.

Edited by terrytini

17 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Get Fat Sam in, he will sort us out.

The Sam who thought Rooney doing whatever he liked was International management ?

Or the one who couldn't resist more money after getting his life ambition ?

Or the one who got West Ham promoted ?

Trouble is, there is no guarantee which you will get !

With all the adverese publicity to one side........Big Sam did go on a poor run of games with West Ham with no sign of anything happening......We've been there too often.

that Steve McLaren rumour is actually scary and probably type of profile Xia will go for. replace champions league winner with an ex-England manager

said it before Warnock as a caretaker manager at least he will steady the ship

• Like 1