Next Villa Manager

Richard

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Why? Because he can string a sentence together on TV.

It is odd what people forget, I'm not talking about faith healing or his views on the disabled here I'm talking about his managerial record.

He hasn't managed for 10 years, let me just say that again, he hasn't managed for 10 years! His last appointment was when he failed at Wolves.

Why on earth would you want him?

You raise few interesting points that I haven't considered, on reflection it does across as a gamble and we have gambled with the last three managers. No more gambling get us someone proven.

No, but a progressive German or Spanish manager who can stamp a football identity onto us does. That's what all the managers in the last 5 odd years or so lack. This know the Championship rubbish is just that to keep shit British managers in jobs.

Doubt Tony has the foresight to go in this direction though. 

Edited by NottingVilla
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

No, but a progressive German or Spanish manager who can stamp a football identity onto us does. That's what all the managers in the last 5 odd years or so lack. This know the Championship rubbish is just that to keep shit British managers in jobs.

Based on?

6 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

What has a managers nationality got to do with anything? I'm sure there have been just as many poor German and Spanish managers as there have been good.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

David Wagner?

13 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

What has a managers nationality got to do with anything? I'm sure there have been just as many poor German and Spanish managers as there have been good.

Yes, we will tend to hear about the foreign successes, much as those abroad will hear about our successes more than failures.

The big success of the last 20 years has been Wenger.  A bright manager and a club with a vision, who built a long-term future.

Compared with that, we've had - what?  Tommy Docherty forming volunteer squads to paint the stands in 1967, then a succession of **** owners, among which the European Cup was won by accident and against the prevailing wind.

We could have great foreign or home-grown managers.  What we need though, is home-grown, devoted ownership, not there for a punt or a hobby.  We've not had that in quite some time, and we don't have it now.

Depressing indeed!

Next Villa Manager....     One with a set of Bollocks that can actually breathe fire into these bunch of useless clearings in the woods that call themselves footballers!

I have not a damned clue who that will be but they need to be of a non nonsense caliber.

I thought RDM was a magnificent appointment originally but I have gave him till game 10 - after the first 5 where poor - to give him time.

Unfortunately in this time already his formations, tactics, selection and motivation seem to have gone to **** and he has to go now I am afraid!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

After MON got sacked we were discussing whether or not Ancelotti would come here and were slightly disappointed with the highly accomplished Houllier. 

Just 6 years later and we're mulling over names like Grayson, Hoddle, Warnock and Bruce. Utterly depressing.

No, the speculation about Ancelotti was a year later when Houllier left. When O'Neill left Ancelotti was still at Chelsea.

That was the same summer when we apparently talked to Benitez but he turned us down.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

We can speculate all we like - but can anyone seriously make a good case for anyone joining us at the moment?  We are a once big club in free fall.  We are short of players in key positions and have no chance of doing anything about that for another 3 months.  I do think that a manager should be able to sort out our issues up front.  But our defence and midfield are particularly limited and you can't make below average players average (let alone good) overnight.  I can't see any manager with any kind of ambition / track record to protect wanting to come here - even with the new owner in place.  I can't see us getting to the play-offs this season so it is pretty much a lose / lose situation for any experienced manager coming in.  Although as long as he doesn't get banned from football maybe Big Sam will be desperate enough to take any job on offer.....

The way  I see it:

The Best Choices:

Hiddink 

Bielsa

Guidolin

Flores

Allardyce

Worth Considering:

Pulis

Laudrup

Phelan

Warburton