Next Villa Manager

Richard

21 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why not? Incredible player. Could be just what we need.

Aside from the fact I can't stand the monumental ball bag apart from his name there is absolutely nothing to suggest he would have the first clue as a manager and the very last thing this club is a punt on someone based purely upon their name

Plus he is a CL standard whopper.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

that Steve McLaren rumour is actually scary and probably type of profile Xia will go for. replace champions league winner with an ex-England manager

said it before Warnock as a caretaker manager at least he will steady the ship

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

that Steve McLaren rumour is actually scary and probably type of profile Xia will go for. replace champions league winner with an ex-England manager

said it before Warnock as a caretaker manager at least he will steady the ship

It will take a brave shout, but one that might be necessary under the circumstances......This is not an ordinary situation we are in.

We could get relegated.....desperate situations sometimes need desperate measures.....It never did Crystal Palace much harm.

The type of manager we need is not likely to want to come and quite frankly I don't know if they can fix this from this low ebb.....It does need a Warnock type as a short measure.

Its not a plasterer we need ....its a demolition expert.

Ps I'm not up my own a*** as a fan....We need some pragmatic approach

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I would rather gamble on any one of six young up and comings than him, or if I'm talking experience go for either more recent promotions or more of them.

I have said previously that i would like Gary Rowett, so this will probably sound a bit hypocritical, but the more i think of it, the more i am beginning to think that we need a steady appointment rather than yet another gamble. 

I suppose Bruce falls into that bracket. He isnt the most exciting manager in the world but he is, well....steady. He is an experienced guy who seems to have done a "decent" job wherever he has been with only the odd disaster on his CV, which you would probably expect having spent so long in the business of football. 

Is he my first choice? Not really, but he certainly wouldn't be last on my list. 

Edited by av1

I've absolutely no idea who the next manager should be. Everything we've been through as Villa fans over the last 6 years has left me feeling like I know nothing about football anymore. 

Whoever it is, just please be someone capable of getting us to win some games and challenge again. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why not? Incredible player. Could be just what we need.

Steven Gerrard cares about one thing... Steven Gerrard.

He hasn't got full coaching badges. 

No no no.. Definitely not what we need.

• Like 1

I think we need to avoid appointing someone who a week later some scandal comes out and we end up having to get rid of them as well.  As to who, I don't know.  I'd almost be tempted to ask Mellberg or Laursen, regardless of their experience.  But it seems that even in the Championship, looking to Europe for a young manager who understands modern football is the way to go, rather than experience of how to get promoted five years ago.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm not sure which is worse, that Di Matteo hasn't been sacked yet or some of the names our own fans are putting forward.

It depends what folk see as the problem.....I see a very grass roots fundamental problem that an unfancied manager may see immediately.

Paul Lambert once admitted in the end he couldn't see the woods for the trees......I don't think he was the only manager that fell in to that category and I still don't with this one.

Sometimes Trent, The obvious is not always the obvious.

Some of these lower league managers see things we take for granted and rightfully so at clubs like Aston Villa, However we are ,where are.

I don't want managers who hold umbrella's up or turn up in Saville Row suits......I want ones who understand the fundamentals of the game and have demonstrated that over the years.

Pep would maybe struggle with us because its not his bag.....we have regressed so much.....We have a manager who has presided over a Champions league win, we are a millions miles from that.

We need to understand what we are as a team, not to be confused with the club( we all know what the club is a collossus in the history of English football) We are now on a path to the 2nd Division.....The sooner we understand that the more likely of getting the right man in.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Sam always said he deserved to manage a big club..... well we would be the biggest club he has ever managed and i reckon after what has happened he would have a point to prove and a bit of fire in the belly.

Surely if ge was offered the job he would accept. Big club, good facilities and an owner who will spend.

I have never been a big fan of his but he is just the type of manager we need right now. It feels like then perfect match....

Then again I could be completely insane. Supporting Villa can do that to you.

• Like 1

I like Rowett.. but hes done nothing in his career.. hes young.. not the right time. We need an old head. We have had enough young managers who cant handle the pressure. Bruce or Big Sam for mine. 

• Like 2

Nobody is going to touch Big Sam with a bargepole for a very long time, if ever again. Had he not just been caught out, and wasn't England manager, I'd certainly have him on the list.

But now? Not a chance.

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

It depends what folk see as the problem.....I see a very grass roots fundamental problem that an unfancied manager may see immediately.

Paul Lambert once admitted in the end he couldn't see the woods for the trees......I don't think he was the only manager that fell in to that category and I still don't with this one.

Sometimes Trent, The obvious is not always the obvious.

Some of these lower league managers see things we take for granted and rightfully so at clubs like Aston Villa, However we are ,we are.

I don't want managers who hold umbrella's up or turn up in Saville Row suits......I want ones who understand the fundamentals of the game and have demonstrated that over the years.

Pep would maybe struggle with us because its not his bag.....we have regressed so much.....We have a manager who has presided over a Champions league win, we are a millions miles from that.

We need to understand what we are as a team, not to be confused with the club( we all know what the club is a collossus in the history of English football) We are now on a path to the 2nd Division.....The sooner we understand that the more likely of getting the right man in.

This is a very good post..... I absolutely cant stand Steve Bruce but in our position I have to admit we would be lucky to get him. He would suit us right now. Wins his first game 1-0, and ill quickly change my view..

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I'd be happy for us to try and poach warburton from rangers. 

Dont want us to sign a Bruce, allardyce or warnock type. 

Its what we need. Experience. Someone to come and settle the side.. get us promoted.. keep us up and then we can bring in the young and hungry manager who can take us to the next level. Until then.. we need the experienced manager.