Next Villa Manager

Richard

The amount of times today I've refreshed this forum to see it still on Next Villa Manager and not one that says Steve Bruce (or even a surprise appointment), checked BBC , checked Birmingham Mail.... 

Come on Villa, I need closure dammit closure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Amen and praise be to Paul McGrath. 

'Blueprints' in football are a load of old shite. 

Everyone these days has a five year plan for this, that and the other - yet most managers last less than a year or two and your best players **** off before you can get half way towards where you want to be. 

We had a five year plan when Lerner took over, look at us now. 

Here is the best and most realistic, long-term plan you will see in football. 

1. Win games 

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What usual short term-ism? The only manager who remotely fits that description is Sherwood.  

They all came, they all failed. I'm sick of it. Sick of the gambles, the fancy ideals, the "dream teams". Give me meat and potatoes, big man little man, 4-4-fu**ing-2 and a couple of wins on the bounce and I'm a happy chappy. 

The usual short terism we have had since O'neil left.  Jesus even Lamberts (The only one given any real time) main aim was to keep us afloat whilst Lerner continually took the rug from under him. Every manager had an impossible remit.  How is that not short termist thinking?

We are both singing from the same sheet in that we are fed up with it.  However I just want to see a plan.  Some way of making us into a a team that can cope once the shit starts hitting the fan again.

Id love to see an idea that we could take to the premiership when we do return; One that the players a comfortable with and make us dangerous to the opposition.

The idea of a quick few wins in this league isnt what im after TBH. They will come anyway, the league is too poor to allow us not to get them. Its what happens after that Im a bit worried about.

• Like 1

I get the win games thing.

But I wan't a manager with an actual strategy for how to win games, short and long term.

Not the "put 11 people on the pitch and hope for the best" thing we've had too much of in the last 8 or so years.

Be it Bruce, his dog, or that guy from the Mummy. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

But I wan't a manager with an actual strategy for how to win games, short and long term.

Not the "put 11 people on the pitch and hope for the best" thing we've had too much of in the last 8 or so years.

Be it Bruce, his dog, or that guy from the Mummy. 

Well, yeah. I want a football manager too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Anyone can tell you they have a strategy, but the only real key to longevity in football is being able to adapt to what's in front of you and to keep winning. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The usual short terism we have had since O'neil left.  Jesus even Lamberts (The only one given any real time) main aim was to keep us afloat whilst Lerner continually took the rug from under him. Every manager had an impossible remit.  How is that not short termist thinking?

We are both singing from the same sheet in that we are fed up with it.  However I just want to see a plan.  Some way of making us into a a team that can cope once the shit starts hitting the fan again.

Id love to see an idea that we could take to the premiership when we do return; One that the players a comfortable with and make us dangerous to the opposition.

The idea of a quick few wins in this league isnt what im after TBH. They will come anyway, the league is too poor to allow us not to get them. Its what happens after that Im a bit worried about.

Bit in bold, I'm not sure I agree. We could continue to lose.

If it's Steve Bruce then great. He's vastly experienced but still in his mid-50's so not over the hill, fresh from a short rest, he will have a decent squad to work with that craves organisation and stability (and any semblance of a plan) and he knows the division inside and out. I dare not ask for any more at this stage, considering what we've been through to try and search for the next Eddie Howe is utterly bonkers IMO. 

57 minutes ago, Nigel said:

If it is to be Bruce what is the hold up?

That's exactly what I've been thinking. The sooner we get a manager in assessing the squad and preparing us for quite a stressful match against Wolves, the better. Maybe we've asked to see his academic qualifications and he is still hunting in the attic for his woodwork O Level certificate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

That's exactly what I've been thinking. The sooner we get a manager in assessing the squad and preparing us for quite a stressful match against Wolves, the better. Maybe we've asked to see his academic qualifications and he is still hunting in the attic for his woodwork O Level certificate.

He's in your kitchen eating all your sausage rolls. 

'Av that. 

• Like 1

I would expect Clarke to take charge of the team for the Wolves game at this point anyway, so a quick appointment is not that necessary.  Once it's this week or next then that'll do me.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

If it is to be Bruce what is the hold up?

Could be conflicting schedules with his role as an elderly Draco Malfoy in the upcoming Harry Potter movie?

Bildresultat för steve bruce 2016

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

I would expect Clarke to take charge of the team for the Wolves game at this point anyway, so a quick appointment is not that necessary.  Once it's this week or next then that'll do me.

That would be pretty silly from a villa point of view, home game live on sky, big derby he isn't attached what's the hold up? How motivated is Clarke likely to be if he is potentially leaving?