Next Villa Manager

Richard

yawn at the update from pat Murphy. Why are we never decisive and know what we want? Why does it feel like we always end up making the wrong choice and screwing it up? Cursed forever I tell you.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Murphy comment about how it might get sensitive for me indicates it might be Rowett

Or possibly hughton or McCarthy , but yeah not so sensitive. Didn't rowett rule himself out though. Damn these snippets, toying with my imagination

shows they're not lazily just hanging their hat on Bruce and Clarke though. 

Its anyones guess, unless you are ITK of course.

It would not surprise me though,if there is a late twist like before.

However, whoever it is i thinks its safe to say...." Gabby you are still ****ed"

Edited by TRO

I'm would assume that Bruce would of contacted or been contacted by the FA to check what the deal is with the England job. Hopefully Southgate tanks it on Tuesday or his dodgy tax dealings scupper his shot at it, clearing the way for Bruce. And we can appoint some left field manager who propels us to glory whilst Bruce wins the WC in Russia. And everyone is a winner. 

• Like 2

If I had to bet I might be reading that as Dyche too as has been said a few up. 

@Amed

In reply to you, maybe we were decisive but there were reports of candidates throwing their hat in at the last minute. By that I guess their agent contacted the club to say they'd be interested if approached. And could be the club beforehand didn't think they had a chance. Like pat Murphy says, making a move on whoever that is does show Bruce he was backup choice. Still tho he would most likely still take it even if he knew he was second choice. 

All that at the last minute eh. Here they are wondering if they'd end up with egg on their face if they made a move on someone that would drag out through the press etc. Who knows 

23 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I doubt you go in cold when approaching a club to talk to their manager. There would have to have been at the very least a conversation to see if that manager would be interested so if you start approaching a club you pretty much know the manager at the very least is interested and welcomes the approach.

Obviously if it is someone like Dyche Burnley are almost certainly likely to rebuff that approach and the you are reliant on the manager playing his face, It happens though.

The longer this goes on the more likely it seems we are trying for an in work manager. If that becomes public knowledge and we don't get him I wonder if Bruce will be happy being the back up option.

Edited by markavfc40

After Bruce in the betting, the next 2 favourites for the job are Wagner and Dyche. Clarke is 4th favourite and it is open knowledge that he has been interviewed which would indicate Wagner and Dyche are the 2 managers currently with a club who we fancy.

My powers of deduction take me to Big Sam.

"railroaded" out of the England job.....our association with "Virgin Trains"

cracked it....Big Sam.....these enigma's are killing me.:)

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I doubt you go in cold when approaching a club to talk to their manager. There would have to have been at the very least a conversation to see if that manager would be interested so if you start approaching a club you pretty much know the manager at the very least is interested and welcomes the approach.

Obviously if it is someone like Dyche Burnley are almost certainly likely to rebuff that approach and the you are reliant on the manager playing his face. It happens though.

The longer this goes on the more likely it seems we are trying for an in work manager. If that becomes public knowledge and we don't get him I wonder if Bruce will be happy being the back up option.

it all depends if Bruce has any other options. If he wants to get back into football, which he does, and Villa are is only option he'll take it.

Edited by imavillan

29 minutes ago, DK82 said:

The thing is, Clarke has been interviewed for the job (Pat Murphy - twitter), so no other manager would keep him based on him wanting the job.

After his sterling work so far this season that'd be a great loss!!!