Next Villa Manager

Richard

18 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If we approach Dyche, (and he rejects as he surely will... won't he?) will Bruce think about turning us down or asking for more money?

Who says that Bruce even has the job!!?

The wank fest over Steve Bruce by some on here is absolutely cringing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If we approach anyone, then Bruce after, will turn us down due to not being first choice?

Wank fest is strong.

1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I'm underwhelmed by Bruce, I'm still slightly disconnected from the club following the years of utter shite under Lerner. I wanted something to rally behind and reconnect. Although I think Bruce will be competent, I'm not going to flog myself to see Steve Bruce's Villa. 

Slightly disconnected?? It's a football club you support them through the good and the bad. Lerner reign ended badly but we have a new owner who is rebuilding the club. We are taking thousands to every away game now all we need is a manager to get us winning some games. Bruce isn't an appointment to get you off your seats but he has a proven track record and could be exactly what we need. Dont flog yourself to watch Steve Bruce's Villa just go and watch your Aston Villa. 

• Like 3

Without hitting me with the 'we're a bigger club' rhetoric..... can someone give a logical reason why Dyche would leave Burnley, after a relatively safe start to the season (in the Premier League!!!!) for us, sitting 19th in the championship and a utter shambles. I have no problems with respecting him as a manager but surely its blind hope that there is any chance he would come to us..... am i wrong? Please, anyone explain it to me, I'm all ears (or eyes as i can only read what you write)

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Sorry I haven't posted on Villatalk in a while guys, I've been wanking for days and days since the rumours of Steve Bruce's arrival came out. Hopefully no-one noticed.

Make sure you take on lots of fluids. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Without hitting me with the 'we're a bigger club' rhetoric..... can someone give a logical reason why Dyche would leave Burnley, after a relatively safe start to the season (in the Premier League!!!!) for us, sitting 19th in the championship and a utter shambles. I have no problems with respecting him as a manager but surely its blind hope that there is any chance he would come to us..... am i wrong? Please, anyone explain it to me, I'm all ears (or eyes as i can only read what you write)

Honestly, money. There is no other pressing reason. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The only cringing thing is that second paragraph. Completely and utterly ludicrous to call acceptance a "wank fest". Up there with the blame put on Westwood for the Barnsley draw

45 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

There's a few. He's been at Burnley for a while and they aren't going to get much higher than where they are now. They've hit their glass ceiling so to speak. Bring English means the chances are he won't get a big club i.e. Top 6/7 after that we are along with a couple of clubs about the biggest with the biggest potential to break into that top tier. If we were in the PL it'd be a no brainer. Obviously the stumbling block is where we are. Now to get round that we can throw money at him or which what I'd hope he'd go for is the infamous 'project' . Graham Taylor left newly promoted Watford to come to us as he knew we were the best chance for him to challenge if he got it right. Hopefully this vision can be sold to him and he fancies the challenge and it will certainly be a challenge!! I'd love Dyche but sadly I can't see it. 

• Like 2